As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Master Phalla Thread

• Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gremlins!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KitanoKitano Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Phalla Royale, the SE++ version has been posted for sign-ups. As promised, we will link the thread here for those interested.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=43594

Kitano on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gremlins!

You are an evil GENIUS.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gremlins!

I call Hulk Hogan....

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Whoa wait, are we talking Gremlins like Gremlins 2 where everyone is a Gremlin but you all have retarded joke roles?

The narrator is totally going to be the geniusfied one.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't know whether that's better as a mini or a main, but the Gremlin roles would be a blast to create.
    (It being based on 2 is a must.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I might be willing to whip up a mini based on that if there is interest, hrmmmm. :)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    What is the system for running minis now, ask and ye shall recieve, without a de facto line, right?

I just ask because I'd like to make up for my failure before and run another. And cause it was really fun running one. And because I don't know the protocol since the reformat.

Rend on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Add me to the wait list.

PHALLANOIA!²

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Rend wrote: »
    What is the system for running minis now, ask and ye shall recieve, without a de facto line, right?

I just ask because I'd like to make up for my failure before and run another. And cause it was really fun running one. And because I don't know the protocol since the reformat.

I wouldn't call it a failure. So long as we all learned about that lime vote mechanic now. No one else spoke up and realized it was a bad idea until after it came into play. :P It was fun still and made it more a game of determining not just allegiances but also which role was which.

Which is actually why the vote totally didn't fit in with the rest, it was a game of pure determinism and alliances with one random feature that affected too much that the planning might get thrown out the window. :)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Add me to the wait list.

PHALLANOIA!²

EvilBadman! PHALLANOIA!²! It's gonna be a long year before the game comes up.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think Niceguy wants me to do a scooby doo mini phalla.... the more I think about it the more tempted I am to do it.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ok, I'm going to do a Gremlins mini. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS. Er, sign me up.

Yes there's no list, but people mostly go by intentions mentioned here and most reasonable people can follow along. We're reasonable people, right? :D

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Pip pip, cheerio, and all that.

I'll just take my next chance to run a mini that doesn't have someone already breathing down its throat.

Rend on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Someone should probably check with Drez to see if he still wants to run his mini.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Drez is dead
    or is he?
    probably not
    but maybe?
    :winky:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm honored that someone thinks Eternal Phalla was balanced. I had doubts, myself. :P

How're the mini-phallas being decided right now? I've got two themes bouncing around in my head right now; Guitar Hero and Smash Bros, but neither is appropriate for a full game.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well, Niceguy Myeye contacted me for one, so I guess that makes him next, if I understand things right. I asked that he wait at least another day or two for PL1's to get going.
    Infidel wrote: »
    I might be willing to whip up a mini based on that if there is interest, hrmmmm. :)

I have to be involved. Have to be.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Add me to the wait list.

PHALLANOIA!²

Returned from the crusades, eh? :P Good to see you back.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Well, Niceguy Myeye contacted me for one, so I guess that makes him next, if I understand things right. I asked that he wait at least another day or two for PL1's to get going.

EvilBadman wrote:
    Add me to the wait list.

PHALLANOIA!²

Returned from the crusades, eh? :P Good to see you back.

Thanks, I'm on broadband again and have a job where I can free surf the net. I've been looking for things to occupy my time, :D

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Are you saying you wanna play or wanna help run it? I'm guessing the former since it's a mini but you never know. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Are you saying you wanna play or wanna help run it? I'm guessing the former since it's a mini but you never know. :lol:

Both. :P But I'd take the latter, probably.

I've seen Gremlins 2 more times than any one person should.

I'd take up the idea in a heartbeat, but it doesn't quite take priority over my other mini idea.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Alright, you're in.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I missed being able to get you bandwagoned due to your name, Badman.

Welcome back. :P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Names are always good day 1 bandwagon material aren't they?

I think I remember lurking during one of the first phalla games and watching FWD take a bandwagon due to his name having that extra G on the end.

Ardor on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ardor wrote: »

I think I remember lurking during one of the first phalla games and watching FWD take a bandwagon due to his name having that extra G on the end.

I lucked out on that one, and precisionk took the fall by one vote.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Ardor wrote: »

I lucked out on that one, and precisionk took the fall by one vote.

That man never gets a break does he?

Ardor on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    it's hard to get it when you don't deserve it.

I like PsychoLarry's mini-phalla mechanics

could use a few tweaks, but it's goin' places.

Also damnit, now I gotta wait 12 hours 'till Phalla Royale starts in SE++

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Just a final reminder that our game in SE++ will begin tonight. If you wanted to try a(nother) SE game with the folks from here and over there, feel free to stop on by and sign up.

Ardor on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I feel like my Transformers game might be better suited for the SE++ environment, because it's going to be very chaotic. Who all do I need to talk to about hosting it there in a couple weeks?

(Also, I need someone to look over my list of specials and mechanics.)

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I feel like my Transformers game might be better suited for the SE++ environment, because it's going to be very chaotic. Who all do I need to talk to about hosting it there in a couple weeks?

(Also, I need someone to look over my list of specials and mechanics.)

Bogey is in charge of any phalla stuff that happens in SE++. Talk to him.

He's been busy and he's going to be out of town starting sometime this or next week too, so it may be a while before he has the chance to get back to you.

Ardor on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Obbi wrote: »
    it's hard to get it when you don't deserve it.

I like PsychoLarry's mini-phalla mechanics

could use a few tweaks, but it's goin' places.

Also damnit, now I gotta wait 12 hours 'till Phalla Royale starts in SE++
    The mechanics are making for some interesting events. There is however a shitload of work involved, especially when there are last minute actions or changes. Whatever I decide to carry over to my main game will require some heavy looking over by Robothero, Ardor and myself.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is anyone definitely not going to be playing in my game so I can talk mechanics with you? I've got a pretty good idea (its going to be a basic phalla with some twists) but I've been having a hard time getting a hold of Robohomo.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I could, though I make no promises that I have any idea what the hell I'm talking about.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I am always up for helping out mechanics-wise.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So I was threshing out some ideas for my DF phalla which is a ways off, and I've come up with a mechanic which I want to get an impression on. It's going to be public so I'll just say it here.

Instead of regular seers, there are "parties" which reveal the number of "badguys" total in attendance to the party as well as some other things (professions) to everyone at the party. Limitations on this leading to automatic ironclad networks includes that everyone attending the party has to be publicly and willingly "On Break", which prevents them from doing their other jobs that day and shows the badguys who is likely members on the network. Also, there will be a limitation on the number of people who can attend a party, pending tuning.

Any thoughts about this?

Savant on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    I have no idea what "mobster" is, so I wouldn't feel too bad about not playin' a phalla

plus I've always dreamed of managing a phalla without having to think one up myself.

Obbi on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2007
    Is anyone definitely not going to be playing in my game so I can talk mechanics with you? I've got a pretty good idea (its going to be a basic phalla with some twists) but I've been having a hard time getting a hold of Robohomo.

you're never online when i'm home! *shakes fist*

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    So Niceguy is running the next mini?

Anyone else ready and wanting to do one? I'm going to talk to CJ once Disgaea is over about Gremlins.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    As much as I love the idea of a 47 Ronin phalla (and I hope someone at some point decides to do one because it is a completely badass story), I'm going to change themes for my phalla which is still months away.

New theme: The Day The Music Died

Locus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    That's... different. 47 Ronin did look awesome, though. Grundl, you can roll with your signups whenever you're ready.

We'll be done soon. ;-)

Oh, and let the record for Disgaea show 'cj iwakura & Hylianbunny', because it wouldn't have been possible without his help. Assembly insanity aside, he gave me a few good ideas that were too fun not to run with.

Better get me back on that list, too. I'm contemplating two themes, and I'll decide which as it's closer to the time.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
This discussion has been closed.