As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, August 11, 2017 - Inhospitable

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, August 11, 2017 - Inhospitable

Inhospitable

Inhospitable

http://campcomic.com/comic/455

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    Malachi' new friend's diet is high in iron...

• VanDerSparVanDerSpar Registered User regular
    Man, I'd wish Neiman had timetravelled and was Mals dad. Or at least that Neiman was convinced that was the case.

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I just realized this is all setup for Linus to go into the woods alone.
    But I'm really interested in the Neiman and Malachi relationship.

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    This is getting into horror movie territory.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I mean, worst case scenario there is a window right next to the door. And a handy chair to break it with.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Stay a while... and listen!

• te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    Worst case scenario the window is actually a painting. Like how light comes through the door but not through the window in the last page.

• Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Oh no, oh no no no no no no no no no no.........what is Neiman up to??!? :O

• phillipPborphillipPbor Registered User regular
    STEAWP RAYT DAAAAR PRRVRRRT!

• Wizard4169Wizard4169 Registered User regular
    Te-kun - I think the light coming through the window was just dimmer because the glass is dirty. Also,
    kitty is peeking through the window in panel 2, but gone in panel 3.

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Malachi needs an adult or a Brain.

poipoigirl on
  • metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    "I just realized this is all setup for Linus to go into the woods alone.
    But I'm really interested in the Neiman and Malachi relationship."

Wait are you shipping Neiman and Malachi?

• PyrianPyrian Registered User regular
    "Where is the cat?" *enlarge* "Now, where is that - AAUGH!"

The cat actually scared me.

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Stay a while...

Stay FOREVERRRRR!!!

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • evileeyoreevileeyore Grognard 100 hurricane swampRegistered User regular
    ANI_GAME_BUM - Yes! That went through my head too!

Old school video game high five!

metfansc wrote: »
    "I just realized this is all setup for Linus to go into the woods alone.
    But I'm really interested in the Neiman and Malachi relationship."

Wait are you shipping Neiman and Malachi?

Haha
    I don't think Neiman and Malachi would be a healthy ship.

Katie knows who I do ship and trust me, it's an A+ very good one.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Come and play with us, Malachi. Forever...and ever....and ever....

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Didn't see THAT coming. The alarming yellow eyes of the cat don't help assuage the uneasy dread permeating this interchange. Further exposition promises to be even more disturbing, if not actually psychotic.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Smash the window and climb out Malachi. SMASHY SMASHY!

• sokpupetsokpupet Registered User regular
    "Why is Malachi always so mean to Neiman?"
    "Malachi should be kinder to Neiman."
    "If only Malachi would stop being so rude to Neiman all the time maybe he would realize that they're not so different and they could be friends."
    NOPE!!! I never doubted Malachi's instinct for a second! Go for the chair, Malachi! Channel your inner Jake "The Snake" Roberts and make your way to freedom!

• SeabSeab Registered User regular
    i know this can sound really insane, but i kinda hope Neiman dies at the end of this arc...

• SideshowJonSideshowJon Registered User regular
    Well, this just took a rather Wes Craven turn

• JReynoldsJReynolds Registered User regular
    There are some problems that can only be solved by an unmarked grave in the deep woods.

Neiman is one of those problems.

• batman7424batman7424 Registered User new member
    Where'd Neiman's cape go?

batman7424 wrote: »

Yeah, did Katty edit out the cape? And why?

edited August 2017
    Sarge wrote: »
    batman7424 wrote: »

Yeah, did Katty edit out the cape? And why?

Neiman has been taking magic classes with Colin. The cape was a misdirection so he could get the key without Malachi bolting.

briguy on
  • andesajfandesajf Registered User new member
    The cape is probably near the giant pile of boxes he carried in and set down out of frame so he could shut and lock the door.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    so, not the Cape of Awesomeness™ then; could it be a Cloak of Continuity® -- bedeviling creative sorts down through the ages? or as suggested by some, the Mantle of Magicness© (not to be confused with a magic cape - how plebeian), which has among its many talents, the ability to spontaneously disappear?

hajen wrote: »
    so, not the Cape of Awesomeness™ then; could it be a Cloak of Continuity® -- bedeviling creative sorts down through the ages? or as suggested by some, the Mantle of Magicness© (not to be confused with a magic cape - how plebeian), which has among its many talents, the ability to spontaneously disappear?

It's obviously a cloak of invisibility.

briguy wrote: »
    hajen wrote: »

It's obviously a cloak of invisibility.

No, it's a Poncho of Plot Holes, a garment so consumed with holes that is literally nothing at all. I'd describe it in more detail but my writer never finished it's item description becasue he left me for a better paying forum user and his replacement wants to focus on my character development instead.

• federal ghostfederal ghost Registered User new member
    Neiman: Stay Malachi we could play scrabble.. or monopoly...
    Malachi: HEEELP!!!

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    I think swollowing a key must be very painful. That will not go down well, or down at all for that matter.

• Bluestorm83Bluestorm83 Registered User regular
    So, um... anyone else notice that we get the click of Neiman closing the door, then we see him eat the key... but we never actually see him lock it?

• JReynoldsJReynolds Registered User regular
    Ugh... Neiman. I know that this is a comedy, but [censored] makes my shoulders go up around my ears.

Being stalked is not fun. Stalkers are obsessive bastards who go to extreme lengths to satisfy their desire of owning or controlling you. Their whole mind-set is "I don't care about the discomfort that my actions cause you. Your wishes are irrelevant to me." They cannot hear the words "No!" "Go away!" "Get lost!"

I keep going to websites that say what you should do if you are being stalked and hoping that Malachi is able to figure out what to do on his own. Unfortunately, restraining orders cannot be obtained in Camp Weedonwantcha.

I can't see this having a good ending. I have to tell myself "this is a comedy, Neiman won't kill / seriously injure Malachi."

Well. Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    I wonder what Neiman did with the original files he found in the abandoned office. Could they now be his bedding, I wonder?

I wonder what Neiman did with the original files he found in the abandoned office. Could they now be his bedding, I wonder?

we've never seen TP (toilet paper) in any of the supply drops, just sayin'.

• armatur3armatur3 San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I see a cat and think "ok, this is reality"... but I can't help but hold out hope that Malachi is still passed out from his fall and this is one of those dreams that ends so horribly it shocks him awake to realize it's dark outside and now the scary forest part can begin.

armatur3 wrote: »
    I see a cat and think "ok, this is reality"... but I can't help but hold out hope that Malachi is still passed out from his fall and this is one of those dreams that ends so horribly it shocks him awake to realize it's dark outside and now the scary forest part can begin.

I'm about 98% positive that this is indeed another dream sequence for the following reasons:
    1. this office looks suspiciously similar to the office seen in Malachi's known dream sequence a few comics back, when he interacted with Rick Springfield.
    2. in this comic, when Malachi declares this is his father's office, Neiman seems to blithely accept that assertion; it's as if Neiman already knew that this was Malachi's Dad's office which only works in dream logic.

another reason why I *know* this is a dream: a certain bracelet on a certain person's right wrist doesn't just appear and disappear willy-nilly in the real world, unless a certain @KatieJRice retcons it in ;)
    this is the reason I came back, because I just noticed the bracelet in today's comic (19 August 2017) and wondered why I hadn't noticed it earlier. Then I get to this comic and am dumbfounded that not one of us readers mentioned the little snafu.