As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SCHEDULE IS LIVE! What panels are you excited for?

IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
edited August 2017 in PAX West
Didn't get any tweets but the schedule for West 2017 appears to be live on the website: http://west.paxsite.com/schedule

Once again friends, sound off! What panels are you most excited to attend this year?

After taking a further look, I'm pretty excited to try and attend the Nintendo panel, Annual Pax Crowd Play and the 10th Anniversary of Witcher panel!

IncreaseBlue on

• Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Honestly with each year, the panels interest me less and less. I used to have panels I wanted to attend all day and I had to choose, play games or go to panels and I never got to go to every panel I wanted.

Now I struggle to even find more then 6 panels I want to see over the entire weekend.

All I see that I want are the IGN panels, The secret Nintendo Panel, The Life is Strange Panel, What's Good Games, and PAX Rumble.

And Maybe the gameshow night stuff, but I'll miss that if Square does another Grimecraft concert at the Hard Rock Friday as a Life is Strange Before the Storm Launch Party. Fingers crossed that happens since the last two partys for Deus Ex and Lara Croft Go were amazing.

Or maybe they are doing something bigger Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary wise, or both. Who knows.

Edit: And of course the IGN and Giant Bomb Panels overlap.

krae_man on
  • Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    krae_man wrote: »
    Honestly with each year, the panels interest me less and less. I used to have panels I wanted to attend all day and I had to choose, play games or go to panels and I never got to go to every panel I wanted.

Now I struggle to even find more then 6 panels I want to see over the entire weekend.

All I see that I want are the IGN panels, The secret Nintendo Panel, The Life is Strange Panel, What's Good Games, and PAX Rumble.

And Maybe the gameshow night stuff, but I'll miss that if Square does another Grimecraft concert at the Hard Rock Friday as a Life is Strange Before the Storm Launch Party. Fingers crossed that happens since the last two partys for Deus Ex and Lara Croft Go were amazing.

Or maybe they are doing something bigger Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary wise, or both. Who knows.

For me, I usually have to really dive into the panels and descriptions before anything pops out at me. For instance, I didn't realize Koji Igarashi was gonna be at the Crowdfunding for Indies panel, and I'm genuinely interested in what he has to say.

But yeah, some panels are hit or miss but thank goodness PAX offers other things to do :D

• Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    Cartoon Network game panel (I really want to meet Ian Jones-Quartey!)
    Nintendo Panel
    PAX Rumble V (the highlight of my PAX every year!)
    Greg Miller's cancer panel
    Hemming and Health: 2 of my PAX friends are on this panel! (I might not be able to make this one ;_;)
    And maybe the IGN panel

• Options
    KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    I'm excited for the Extra Credits panel. I've been wanting to meet their crew for a long time now!

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I just saw there is a Nintendo panel, which I've never seen on previous Paxes. Gonna line up super early for that one. Also any panel that goes over story telling in games.

Regarding stuff I'm not interested: I get it that streaming is big deal, but there is a bit too many of these panels this year. And call me old fashioned, but I prefer to watch my Let's plays/game videos done by people who are more level headed and let the game shine through, not w/ this "Twitch personalities" injecting shenanigans as they play and mostly using the game as prop.

I'm also waiting on the map to be up to see if they have the Pokemon Center again :P I think I will splurge for the large Snorlax this year.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    hamadrianohamadriano Registered User regular
    Is the guidebook live for anyone else ?

ISksJel.png
  • Options
    hamadriano wrote: »

It's not live yet. They said they are adding the finishing touches so it should be updated later today.

• Options
    hamadrianohamadriano Registered User regular
    sedirox wrote: »

It's not live yet. They said they are adding the finishing touches so it should be updated later today.

Weird, my app shows this year's schedule and map. It was a fresh download, not an update.

ISksJel.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Weird, my app shows this year's schedule and map. It was a fresh download, not an update.

Maybe you're just lucky!

sedirox on
  • Options

Wow, just checked the Google store, you are right. The Pax West app is the 2017 version. Thanks for noticing :D

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    SinoSamba wrote: »

Wow, just checked the Google store, you are right. The Pax West app is the 2017 version. Thanks for noticing :D

For me, the ios app shows the images of the 2017 app, but when you open it there is not update yet. So maybe they have only pushed the android update so far. If anyone wants to post the maps it would be appreciated.
    *edit: ios just updated for me. Got them maps!

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    PAX XP site isn't integrated into the app yet.

• Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    An evening with Patrick Rothfuss (always fantastic)
    Telltale Annual PAX Crowd Play - Audience's Choice! (Hoping for GoG) - Hard choice between this and saturday night concerts)
    You Have Died of Dysentery: Meaningful Gaming in Education
    Game Shows - never been but want to check them out.
    DIY: The Intersection Between Crafting and Game Development
    The New Game Theory: How to Analyze Video Game Stories
    Life is Strange (assuming I make time to play before pax)
    Romance in Games.
    Crafting meaningful relationships.
    Robotics and Puppetry

Pysched!

Rhea_starstorm on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Web guidebook is up for me.
    https://guidebook.com/guide/102681/

• Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Really intrigued by the Nintendo panel, as I don't remember them ever doing one before. I don't normally attend panels at all (can't recall ever going to one in the 8 years I've been paxing) so it will be interesting to see what all the fuss is about.

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Giant Bomb
    404ing it
    Late Night Dub Fight
    Acq. Inc. (Which'll make my Sunday eve a case of Sophie's Choice),
    PAX Rumble
    10 Years of The Witcher

What's this about a secret Nintendo panel?

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    RiDE wrote: »
    Really intrigued by the Nintendo panel, as I don't remember them ever doing one before. I don't normally attend panels at all (can't recall ever going to one in the 8 years I've been paxing) so it will be interesting to see what all the fuss is about.

They've done panels before at other conventions (specifically WonderCon). That one was more focused on the development for Hyrule Warriors Legends.

OMG, what if it's a Nintendo Direct, live at PAX!!

sedirox on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Am I insane, or has the PAX Rumble disappeared from the schedule since it went live?

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    You're right, PAX Rumble has been FE'd

• Options

What's this about a secret Nintendo panel?

Secret in the sense that there's no description for it in Guidebook or the Pax site, but it's happening Sat. at 10 a.m. in the Hydra Theater.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    krae_man wrote: »
    You're right, PAX Rumble has been FE'd

I suspect they had to pull it to update it with some changes given recent events involving one of participants.
    (Not the thread or site to discuss said events)

sedirox on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    areyouwhyareyouwhy Registered User new member
    Canceling the Apocalypse: Choose Your Own Adventure… LIVE!
    What the heck is this? It sounds freakin' awesome! I don't remember anything similar in past years, but I have a terrible memory. Anyone know more about this?

• Options
    DustyStarrDustyStarr Registered User regular
    Hydra is in the grand Hyat right?

Either way, so far the only two panels I know I am going to is the Nintendo one (gotta get there SO EARLY) and the TRG one. Will probably go to a game dev panel or two.

• Options
    NeutralCNeutralC Registered User regular
    I take it the Guidebook is still being worked on because the Exhibitors tab lists Playstation five times and The Behemoth three times or am I wrong?

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    NeutralC wrote: »
    I take it the Guidebook is still being worked on because the Exhibitors tab lists Playstation five times and The Behemoth three times or am I wrong?

Exhibitors are listed multiple times because they have multiple booths. If you click on wax. One it is a different booth number.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    NeutralCNeutralC Registered User regular
    @SkeleVader

Okay, I was comparing this years and last years Guidebook and didnt notice any multiple of the same vendor. However, why is it after Yacht Club theres more exhibitors which should be above Y?

• Options
    NeutralC wrote: »
    @SkeleVader

Okay, I was comparing this years and last years Guidebook and didnt notice any multiple of the same vendor. However, why is it after Yacht Club theres more exhibitors which should be above Y?

It looks like the ones after Yacht Club are specifically vendors.

• Options
    Man, I want to know what that Nintendo panel is about!

• Options
    Man, I want to know what that Nintendo panel is about!

Same! I am so excited for that, but I am going to have to get up so early. X3 What time do you (and everyone else here) intend to start lining up? I am thinking 7AM, but I wonder if that will be too early or not early enough...

• Options
    I know they don't let you start lining up for panels until 2 hours before but I might get there earlier to make sure I have a spot lol. That one will be capped fast!

• Options
    I know they don't let you start lining up for panels until 2 hours before but I might get there earlier to make sure I have a spot lol. That one will be capped fast!

Oh I didn't know that, thanks. But yeah I definitely intend to be in the area before 8 so I can try to get a spot... that is like the panel I am MOST excited for so I really want to get in. X3 And I bet it will be limited too... you know, since Nintendo loves limited availability. X3 J/K

• Options
    DustyStarr wrote: »

Oh I didn't know that, thanks. But yeah I definitely intend to be in the area before 8 so I can try to get a spot... that is like the panel I am MOST excited for so I really want to get in. X3 And I bet it will be limited too... you know, since Nintendo loves limited availability. X3 J/K

Same here honestly! Yeah limited and Nintendo go hand in hand!

• Options
    jonathanmichaelsjonathanmichaels Archduke of Levity Registered User regular
    No Watch match? I am sad, but it means Jerry gets to keep it for a while longer.

And I anxiously await the announcement of the fourth player for Acq Inc., I hope my feeling is correct.

• Options
    jonathanmichaelsjonathanmichaels Archduke of Levity Registered User regular
    Judging from what has been said on Twitter and the schedule, looks like Appjunkies and Giant Bomb panels will not be streamed on Twitch?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Main and Wyvern are the streaming theaters. Those two panels take place in Sasquatch.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    oldskoolboarderoldskoolboarder Registered User regular
    Anyone figure out how to get the floor maps in PDF? We were able to do that last year but I forgot how I did that.

• Options
    You can get giant jpg's from the web version.

• Options
    DustyStarr wrote: »

Same here honestly! Yeah limited and Nintendo go hand in hand!

They are the first panel of that day, unless the hotel shoo us out, we can probably line up early. Planning for being there ~8am, hope that's early enough. People staying on the Hyatt can just sleep on the line :P