As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ghost In The Shell

13»

• KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    WHY wrote:
    hambone wrote:
    I love GiTS, but one thing that cracks me up about it is all the Japanese Nationalism. There's all the none too subtle implication that both the USA and China are now heavily dependent on mighty Japan.
    The interesting thing is, though, is that they got in that position by being completely isolationist and staying out of most of the wars and whatnot.
    Even more interesting is that the "Autonomous Regions" of Japan are always viewed as enemies, because they're isolationists within Japan.

Edit: Also, I still say the Stand Alone Complex game on the PS2 is not a bad shooter at all. One of the only ones I can tolerate anymore, even (largely because I've always been better at dodging than aiming).

That game is hardcore awesome. I picked up a used copy for ten bucks, and without a doubt, the best god damn ten bucks I've ever spent in my life.

i hear it has tons of glitches and problems though? not true?

if it's as good as you say, i would love to pick it up.

Ketherial on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Also...fuck the anime thread? I don't remember seeing too many of your posts there :P

I can't speak for anyone else, but I stopped posting in the anime thread when it turned into "let's talk about the lastest episodes of the hot series that are fansubbed yesterday and ignore anything else".

Good point. There should be an Anime sub-forum or something. That would be neat.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ketherial wrote:
    WHY wrote:
    hambone wrote:
    I love GiTS, but one thing that cracks me up about it is all the Japanese Nationalism. There's all the none too subtle implication that both the USA and China are now heavily dependent on mighty Japan.
    The interesting thing is, though, is that they got in that position by being completely isolationist and staying out of most of the wars and whatnot.
    Even more interesting is that the "Autonomous Regions" of Japan are always viewed as enemies, because they're isolationists within Japan.

Edit: Also, I still say the Stand Alone Complex game on the PS2 is not a bad shooter at all. One of the only ones I can tolerate anymore, even (largely because I've always been better at dodging than aiming).

That game is hardcore awesome. I picked up a used copy for ten bucks, and without a doubt, the best god damn ten bucks I've ever spent in my life.

There's was one really annoying part where you had to do some craptastic wall jumping, but that was the only problem I ran into. No glitches otherwise.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Guardian LegendGuardian Legend Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I liked 2nd gig better than the first, too. But I hated the ending.. had a deus ex machina ending y'know. Hated 1st gig's ending too.

Guardian Legend on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Dublo7 wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Also...fuck the anime thread? I don't remember seeing too many of your posts there :P

I can't speak for anyone else, but I stopped posting in the anime thread when it turned into "let's talk about the lastest episodes of the hot series that are fansubbed yesterday and ignore anything else".

Good point. There should be an Anime sub-forum or something. That would be neat.
    That and if Excellen's not hot enough for you guys I don't see any reason to associate with you. :|
    Ketherial wrote:
    WHY wrote:
    hambone wrote:

There's was one really annoying part where you had to do some craptastic wall jumping, but that was the only problem I ran into. No glitches otherwise.
    I haven't really encountered any problems or glitches with the game in any of the half dozen times I've played it through. I remember that wall-jumping part, but I figured it out and it's not so hard anymore at this point.

ViolentChemistry on
  • DreamerdownDreamerdown Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If there are only a core of a few people posting in the Anime thread, and the occasional mecha/other post (like this one), I don't see how an entire sub-forum will fly. Not that I don't think it would be cool! Could have separate threads for mecha, shonen, current shows, etc.

Go on into the anime thread and post about whatever you want. Despite the "Fall/Winter 2006 Roundup" title, we still talk about older stuff there. Start a discussion.

Dreamerdown on
    bigifre1vy.jpg

Not all vampires suck blood.
    Not all of them die for love.
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Aren't megathreads also ban't?

ViolentChemistry on
  • DreamerdownDreamerdown Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Are they still banned? I haven't paid attention. I don't see the post anymore up in the stickies but I assumed they still were.

That's why most of us focus on the Seasonal anime shows, the Official D&D Anime thread is history. I don't remember if that thread got locked or if we just automatically made the new one (the Spring/Summer one we had).

I'm not starting a thread for every single show though, that would be ridiculous and some of them would get locked.

Enough people love "Death Note", maybe that should get a thread of its own?

Dreamerdown on
    bigifre1vy.jpg

Not all vampires suck blood.
    Not all of them die for love.
  • AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So...ummm...GITS. Yeah. My wife actually likes it. All of it. The first two movies, SAC, SAC:2nd Gig. She's reading the manga now.

We have the Special Edition DVDs (DTS ftw), and we've watched them all in Japanese, w/ English subs. A few months back, Tivo recorded an Adult Swim episode for us, and it was pretty much unbearable for us. The voices were all wrong. Especially Batou.

AnakinOU on
  • ZampanoZampano Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I liked 2nd gig better than the first, too. But I hated the ending.. had a deus ex machina ending y'know. Hated 1st gig's ending too.

At least 2nd Gig had an ending suited to its dramatic progression. 1st Gig was like BUILD UP BUILD UP BUILD UP BUILD UP BUILD UP OH SHI- end. And the audiance is left feeling empty and spent.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif