As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vacations

WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
So, I dunno how many other people find this, but I really find as long as I have access to the forum it distracts me from gaming, so I'm just throwing this out there, but what if we could go on vacations from the forum? Ie, click a Vacation button, set an ammount of time, and then it'd be just like being banned. It'd allow me to get through my games a LOT faster.

Wezoin on

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    You could just develop self-control.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Eliot DuboisEliot Dubois Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Just get banned, its not that hard, I mean, if you just look at Orikaeshigitae the wrong way he'd be more than happy to give you a week off...Oh shi...

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006

Hey, let's not get all crazy here.

TDL on
    Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Asking a mod to ban you for a bit isn't without precedent here. Try pming one who you know you'll be able to contact later.

jothki on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    TDL wrote:

It is a revolutionary idea.

Seg on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    TDL wrote:

you and i need to play cs more now that you're not in crazy warland

i used to temp-ban by request (even did it to myself) but i don't do it anymore, because acting as your self-restraint isn't my job

Orikaeshigitae on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    not asking to find out here, but if you're banned, does that mean you can't actually read the forums? or you just can't post

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    darleysam wrote:
    not asking to find out here, but if you're banned, does that mean you can't actually read the forums? or you just can't post
    I'm pretty sure you can still read the forums as long as you're not IP banned.

Kaputa on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    darleysam wrote:
    As long as you clear your cookies, you can read the forums. Unless, of course, you're IP banned.

Thanatos on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    well then, fair enough. Looks like self-control would be the best course of action for these folk.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    As long as you clear your cookies, you can read the forums. Unless, of course, you're IP banned.

And this is a glitch in itself because you aren't able to log out short of clearing your cookies. Which also means that you're incapable of accessing the contact information for anybody, so you know, if you're temp banned and just forgotten about, or aghast as I am to ever even ponder such a crazy notion, banned by some mod simply being pissant, you're just straight up fucked without appeal.

Aroduc on
  • NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    darleysam wrote:

And this is a glitch in itself because you aren't able to log out short of clearing your cookies. Which also means that you're incapable of accessing the contact information for anybody, so you know, if you're temp banned and just forgotten about, or aghast as I am to ever even ponder such a crazy notion, banned by some mod simply being pissant, you're just straight up fucked without appeal.

Well yeah, unless you're an active member of the community and know other people from whom you can get any mod's contact info.

But if you're not an active part of the community, well, then who's gonna miss you?

Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    Use a different computer, use a different browser, contact someone who isn't banned, etc.

Thanatos on
  • TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    TDL wrote:

you and i need to play cs more now that you're not in crazy warland

i used to temp-ban by request (even did it to myself) but i don't do it anymore, because acting as your self-restraint isn't my job

Yes, yes we should. My PC got toally fucked in transit (fuck you customs) and I didn't bring my monitor, but as soon as I fix the PC and buy a screen I am totally up for some hot CS action.

TDL on
    Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Aroduc wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    Use a different computer, use a different browser, contact someone who isn't banned, etc.

Uh, none of which either A.) solve the problem or B.) are possible given the scenario I've outlined. The only possible way to get any contact info at all if you're banned is to make an alt, which is also against the rules.

Aroduc on
    edited November 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Aroduc wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    darleysam wrote:

Uh, none of which either A.) solve the problem or B.) are possible given the scenario I've outlined. The only possible way to get any contact info at all if you're banned is to make an alt, which is also against the rules.

Or hey, IM someone who's not banned and get them to get the info you need.

Shazam, problem solved.

Nucsh on
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    I'd love two weeks down in Aruba.

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2006
    Nucsh wrote:

Shazam, problem solved.

Or hey, you can't view that information if you're not logged in, which you can't do if you're banned.

Problem not solved, shazam.

Aroduc on
    edited November 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    Nucsh wrote:

Shazam, problem solved.

Or hey, you can't view that information if you're not logged in, which you can't do if you're banned.

most smart people keep the admins/mods on their IM list. you never know when you have to talk your way out of trouble/offer naked pictures

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2006
    How hard is it to clear your fucking cookies? You people will bitch about anything.

Tube on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    How hard is it to clear your fucking cookies? You people will bitch about anything.

I'm so sick of you saying how much we bitch. God it's annoying.

SeñorAmor on
    edited November 2006
    I could probably eat 10 cookies in as many minutes.

Slungsolow on
    edited November 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    Nucsh wrote:

Shazam, problem solved.

You don't keep PA people on your contact list?

Weird

Nucsh on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:
    Aroduc wrote:
    Nucsh wrote:

Shazam, problem solved.

most smart people keep the admins/mods on their IM list. you never know when you have to talk your way out of trouble/offer naked pictures
    There are every few things that naked pictures can't solve.

Älphämönkëy on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited November 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:
    There are every few things that naked pictures can't solve.
    a naked picture of slung actually will solve world hunger
    Its true, after seeing slung naked, I couldn't eat for weeks.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:

that is not a good time

how big are these cookies?

Garlic Bread on
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Slungsolow wrote:

that is not a good time

how big are these cookies?

00.jeff.cookie.jpg

The twist is, you have to eat the man too.

GIANT COOKIE IS PEOPLE

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio