As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2017 Start of Term Feast: Now with desserts! - See you all in two weeks!

TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailorSeattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
edited August 2017 in PAX West
For some your journey here was your very first while for others this is familiar ground. You enter the school with your fellow students and are lead to a grand hall to be seated and one by one the new students are called up to the front. Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, the new students are sorted into their Houses, join their newfound classmates, and with the Sorting Ceremony concluded enjoy one of the greatest dinners they’ll ever have before embarking on their challenging school year!

Welcome to the

FLwRtNM.png
"The very best of evenings to you! Now… to our new students, welcome, to our old students, welcome back! Another night full of drunken education awaits you…"

WHAT THIS IS

The Start-of-Term Feast is a yearly, buffet style, catered dinner held at Barça the night before PAX Prime West that gives PAXers, both new and old, a chance to hang out, eat a ton of great food, and get to know each other! It also gives everyone attending The Triwizard Drinking Tournament, a chance to eat before a merry night of drinking and charity fund raising which you should totally sign up for! https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/212011/the-triwizard-drinking-tournament-10th-anniversary-fantastic-drinks-and-how-to-mix-them/p1

And yes, you are totally free to wear your TWDT costumes to this! I’d be a little disappointed if you didn’t, honestly :D

WHEN IS THIS
August 31st @ 6:00 PM

WHERE IS THIS
The dinner will be held in its traditional location: Barça!
1510 11th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
http://www.barcaseattle.com

Barça has been a fantastic location for years and the staff there has shown us an incredible amount of hospitality for as long as the dinner has been held there. Please be respectful to the staff and the bar itself!

TICKETS
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-pre-pax-start-of-term-feast-tickets-35711145999
Tickets are $29.80 and ticket sales will end two weeks prior to the event so that I can provide a final guest count to the caterer. As always, tickets are priced to exactly cover the cost of the caterer. I will be happy to provide a copy of my expenses to anyone wanting to see them in case there’s a question about this.

hp_fod_1.jpg
THE MENU
Catering this year is being provided again by Joy Max Catering! They did a great job last year and I’m glad to have them back!

ENTREES
Caribbean Jerk Chicken - Chicken marinated and oven roasted then simmered again in pineapple juice and chunks, bell peppers and onions. Sweet with a touch of heat.

Italian Sausage and Peppers - Mild italian sausage grilled and then simmered with sliced bell peppers and onions

Cheese Lasagna

Shrimp and Swiss Quiche

Artichoke Feta Quiche

SIDES
Summer Salad - spring mix, crunchy iceberg lettuce, sliced strawberries, candied pecans, creamy goat cheese , shredded carrots dusted with blueberries. Berry vinaigrette on the side.

Caprese Salad- Sliced tomatoes and mozzarella drizzled with olive oil and basil.

Coconut Rice

Assorted rolls and breadsticks

DESSERTS!!!
Strawberry shortcake in a individual serving cup. Sweet biscuits topped with juicy sliced strawberries and a touch of whipped cream.

Mini cupcakes - Orange cream, chocolate strawberry, and pina colada
@PAXTriwizard on Twitter for updates on this year's PAX Thursday night shenanigans!

wWuzwvJ.png
TOGSolid on

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I shall be there with the Forum Badges as always!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    Tickets bought! Woo!

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Thanks for putting this on as always! I sadly will have to continue my trend of attending every other year :(

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    Ticket purchased!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    There is only one week left to get a ticket to the dinner!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Ticket bought! I shall be there bearing many badges and jet lag. One of which shall not be shared with anyone.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Excited to attend this year!

• Options
    AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    Me +1, tickets bought!!

• Options
    Just a couple days left to get a ticket!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    If you're the type of person that waits till the last minute to get a ticket then this is it! Ticket sales end tomorrow!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Final guest count has been submitted, see you all in two weeks!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Woohoo!

• Options
    Bad news I'm afraid! I will not make the dinner thanks to missing my connecting flight to Seattle resulting in a 4 hour delay in Vancouver. This means there will not be any Forum Badges at the Pre PAX Dinner :(

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png