As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Train 2017 - VAN->SEA - Paging Canucks

RoundtopRoundtop PathfinderVancouver, BCRegistered User regular
edited July 2017 in PAX West
It is not as long as the one up from California, but anyone on the Train from Vancouver, Canada down to PAX on August 31st? (Morning train)

Stops in Vancouver (Canada), Bellingham, Stanwood, Everett.
It leaves Vancouver at 6:30am, and crosses the border by 7:30am, and to downtown Seattle by shortly after 11am.

Who else is riding the hype train from the Great White North? (Ru ku ku ku coo coo cooooooo)

Roundtop on

• cha0ticf4techa0ticf4te Registered User new member
    I'll be coming from Vancouver, not sure what method of transportation yet though.

• z0raz0ra Registered User regular
    I'll be on that train!
    There's a group of us going :)

• RoundtopRoundtop Pathfinder Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Yeah! I'm sure it will be as simple as look for the geeky peoples. Maybe see if we can all get in the same train car, then take it over.

• TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
    Anyone doing the head down Friday AM route? I'll be getting on the Train in Bellingham.

• valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    Does this train stop in Mt Vernon? I have been thinking of a way to get to Seattle and would be fun to get together with you all!

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
    Amtrak Cascades #513 stops at:

Vancouver, BC (VAC) 6:30am
    Bellingham, WA (BEL) 8:30am
    Mount Vernon, WA (MVW) 9am
    Stanwood, WA (STN) 9:16am
    Everett, WA (EVR) 9:52am
    Edmonds, WA (EDM) 10:17am
    Seattle, WA (SEA) 10:55am

So yes at Mt. Vernon, right across from the Sheriff's station (on the other side of the tracks).

If you can bring me a cinnamon bun from the Callico Cupboard it would be SOOOO awesome. Love that shop.

Note: Mt. Vernon and Stanwood do not have checked baggage handling, so you will have to lug it onboard.

Roundtop wrote: »

If you can bring me a cinnamon bun from the Callico Cupboard it would be SOOOO awesome. Love that shop.

Got any good local breweries where you are coming from? I'll gladly trade you :), cinnamon bun for a bottle of beer?

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
    Oh.. yes. most certainly we have local breweries. I'll pick up something from Steel & Oak. http://steelandoak.ca/

edited August 2017
    Done deal my friend!. Tickets were just bought! May I make a request? The Coorina and Dark Lager and Roselle all sound good!

valdor on
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
    Depends what is in season, but I'll try to pick some up tomorrow.

Got a roselle can and dark lager bottle for you valdor

Lol sweet, Ill pick you up a few cinnamon rolls!

4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • MajorMarmotMajorMarmot Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    I'll be heading down from Victoria on the seasickness hype boat!

HsJaJWx.png
    Major, are you doing vic->van then train? Or doing the vic to Washington private ferry route?

• MajorMarmotMajorMarmot Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    Roundtop wrote: »
    Major, are you doing vic->van then train? Or doing the vic to Washington private ferry route?

Straight to Seattle on the Clipper, yeah - cheaper than taking the car on BC Ferries. D: I'd love to do the train one year though.

HsJaJWx.png
    That sucks you can't do the train, but I understand the reasons. Enjoy the trip

I will be posting the train car number once we have one at the station, and will try to meet up with people at Vancouver station before boarding/seat assignment.

Note: I am aiming for arriving at the station around 5:30am or so (depends on how long it takes me to drive, park the Evo, and walk over), and will be equipped with many geek things to identify me by.

• arkvarkv Registered User new member
    edited August 2017
    I was wondering where all the vancouverites were at, y'all on that train with the scenic views!

arkv on
    arkv wrote: »
    I was wondering where all the vancouverites were at, y'all on that train with the scenic views!

Well, the cost of parking, in USD, adds up pretty quick.

Alright, so thanks to a friend, I'll have a couple cool things on the train.

I'm a demo agent for Catalyst Game Labs, and fresh from Gen-Con I have 2 newly released tabletop games with me:

Master of Orion: Conquest - http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2017/08/12/catalyst-to-release-master-of-orion-tabletop-games/

and

Dragonfire - dragonfirethegame.com/

As well as Shadowrun Encounters (Came out last year) - catalystgamelabs.com/encounters-shadowrun/

All right, tomorrow is the day! I'll see a bunch of you bright and early. I'll have a Mass Effect N7 backpack on, have a shaved head and goatee.

• JasonmJasonm Registered User new member
    edited August 2017

zerzhul on
    Pax train northers, this is your 18 hour warning. You have been warned. Fun will commence in 18 hours.

Coffee consumption is recommended prior to commencement. (And during, and after)

That is all.

edited August 2017
    Choo! Choo!

Gotta love the us customs line. I see some people decked out in pax gear.

Car 8. 8 shall be the number. Counteth not 7 unless on the way to 8. 9 is right out.

Roundtop on
    Just posted the car number. ESPN 8, the ocho.