As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game of Thrones] has been on our television screens since 2011

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »
    My immediate instinct is that Cersei is
    lying about babby.
    But who knows
    I don't think she's lying about being pregnant, but about who the father is. The writing very pointedly doesn't ask who the father is, but who they're going to tell people the father is. So technically Cersei isn't lying when she says they'll tell people the father is Jamie.
    Like, are you thinking the father is Euron? Or somebody else?

Yes

That seems crazy to me
    We didn't see Euron in this episode at all and we've seen her be with Jaime recently

If anything they're setting up the idea that she'll go back on this and tell people the father is Euron to cement an alliance, embittering Jaime

That or she's lying about it altogether to keep him loyal/motivated

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    So next week we have an honest-to-God Quest happening.
    Who's gonna make it? Who's not? We're too close to the end to send this many men into peril and all of them make it back.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I don't think that theory is accurate
    I think Qyburn has some involvement, but not in the Biblical sense.

• PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Who's gonna make it? Who's not? We're too close to the end to send this many men into peril and all of them make it back.
    Hound dies, gets turned, they bring him to Kings Landing, we get Zombie Clegane vs Zombie Clegane.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Doomed men: Thoros, Barric, Gendry

Protected by plots that still need to payoff: The Hound, Jon

Edge cases that could honestly break either way: Jorah, Davos

Isn't technically plot-relevant, but still needs to hook up with Brienne so they better not kill him: Tormund

Poorochondriac on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

Isn't technically plot-relevant, but still needs to hook up with Brienne so they better not kill him: Tormund
    How is The Hound plot relevant?

He's cool and all but every time he shows up I'm like "why is he still around"

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Davos isn't going

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126

He's gonna kill The Mountain. Or they'll kill each other.

Davos isn't going

Whoops!

In my defense, I only watch this show drunk.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

For a final confrontation with his brother.

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular

He's gonna kill The Mountain. Or they'll kill each other.
    doesn't the hound have some shiny new half-plot armor with the prophecy stuff as well? or do we think that's been covered now that they're physically at Eastwatch?

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    All last night's episode did was solidify my opinion that Jon Snow is probably the best person to take the Iron Throne.

• QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Season 7 episode 5 spoilers
    That enormous, brilliantly glowing neon sign screaming "HE WILL DIE NEXT EPISODE" that floated above Jorah at all times was a really bold creative choice.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    He's a good lad

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was impressed how quickly they were able to fit him with the brand new goth armor everyone wears now

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular

I think Gendry will make it out.

I'm assuming the whole point of all of this is that even when they collectively stand together and beat the white walkers that, some time afterwards, all this starts over again because people relive history over and over. That a Baratheon, a Targaryan, a Lannister, and a Stark will somehow end up at war again after whoever takes the throne dies. So Jon and Gendry will make it out. As will the Hound and mmaaaayybe Thoros.

Beric's done. Jorah's done. I think Tormund will make it out but lose an arm or something.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

I think Gendry will make it out.

I'm assuming the whole point of all of this is that even when they collectively stand together and beat the white walkers that, some time afterwards, all this starts over again because people relive history over and over. That a Baratheon, a Targaryan, a Lannister, and a Stark will somehow end up at war again after whoever takes the throne dies. So Jon and Gendry will make it out. As will the Hound and mmaaaayybe Thoros.

Beric's done. Jorah's done. I think Tormund will make it out but lose an arm or something.

tormund's gonna lose the rest of his dick to remind us that this is GoT, baby

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait does... Tormund have a dick injury

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Bearly

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

bearly

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Listen here you

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    good job guys, good work.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Quest goal:
    We're all 100% positive not all of them are living through this, right?

With that in mind, our collective room-watching guess last night was - if any proof is actually obtained - it'll end up being one member of the group that just walked out the gate.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Gnarly bearded miserable fucker brigade; assemble!

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Listen here you

wow I am a failure at life

must have alt-tabbed away or something

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I am willing to bet dollar dollar bills that 1 of the following 2 things happen:

1. Sandor "dies" bit Beric uses up his last remaining rez on him or whatever and he comes back as Revenant Sandor (essentially the Lady Stoneheart story but for Sandor instead) leading to Undead Cleganebowl

2. Thoros dies, Beric lives, and Beric has to deal with the sudden reality that he ain't got no more rez left, because the Night King is MMO savvy and ganks the cleric first

Pony on
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

tormund has a self-reported bearfucking injury

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I have that DVD.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    If I were gonna rank odds on the party:
    7. Jon Snow - too plot essential, has Valyrian steel
    6. Tormund - so different in the books from the show that he's a wild card
    4. Beric - flaming sword? flaming sword.
    4. Gendry - Just came back, and I think it'd be a shame if he died so soon but here we are. 2H hammer is good against undead per D&D logic
    3. Thoros - has no real reason to die but his existence is anathema to the Night King so he has a target on his back
    2. Sandor - no special weapons, narrative symmetry of going undead for Cleganebowl, devotion to Rh'llor
    1. Jorah - the coin scene marked him for death pretty hard eh

Mortal Sky on
  • fasciziofascizio Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    6. Davos - not a fighter but he's still got plenty of arc left and they didn't really set him up as having a send-off in this episode
    4. Gendry - Just came back, and I think it'd be a shame if he died so soon but here we are. 2H hammer is good against undead per D&D logic
    3. Thoros - has no real reason to die but his existence is anathema to the Night King so he has a target on his back
    2. Sandor - no special weapons, narrative symmetry of going undead for Cleganebowl, devotion to Rh'llor

putting Tormund as a wild card because he's already dead in the books and his show arc is so very different

Davos isn't going and you're missing Tormund

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    fascizio wrote: »
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    6. Davos - not a fighter but he's still got plenty of arc left and they didn't really set him up as having a send-off in this episode

putting Tormund as a wild card because he's already dead in the books and his show arc is so very different

Davos isn't going and you're missing Tormund

good catch

Tormund's my wild card at this point honestly

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Please no not precious Tormund.

Also its cool so see Gendry use the two headed hammer, a bit of weapon variation is nice.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    After getting a close look at that dragons teeth, is anyone else thinking that if they lived in a fantasy world they could make a fortune as Monster Dentist?
    Because all monsters seem to have teeth pointing goddamn everywhere.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I reckon Dragons are like sharks, just rows and rows of self replacing teeth.
    As for Jon's Seven, (oh hey wait a minute.....maybe there's Seven of them for that reason and not just the cowboy one?) I'd say that Beric, Thoros and Jorah are the ones to watch for biting it. Bonus points if Jorah becomes their undead captive because of some dumb sacrifice.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    My money is on
    Thoros, because he has the least characterization of anyone, and tbh it nips "can Thoros resurrect them?" in the bud as a story thing

Possibly after he resurrects Beric on final time, or during his last attempt?

Like he's bent over Beric, saying the prayer, and BOOM white walker sword through the chest

alternately, while he's in the middle of raising Sandor back up, like it's a dead Sandor fake-out, I want to believe UNDEAD CLEGANEBOWL is real

that's my money

MadEddy wrote: »
    I have that DVD.

it's a good dvd!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • fasciziofascizio Registered User regular
    Further Magnificent Seven speculation.
    I actually hope it doesn't happen this way, because it doesn't really have a narrative payoff (for Jon anyway), and in some ways would be detrimental to the narrative given what's been explained of the process and aftermath, but for shock value I could see them going with:

Thoros dies first - oh no, now we don't have a battle res
    Someone(s) else goes down, likely Jorah/Gendry
    Then the shocker, Jon is killed...
    But the (non-bookreading) audience gets the psych out and Berric does his best Stoneheart and brings Jon back and we get the twice resurrected reluctant king
    And then the survivors bug out, possibly without an undead and Jon has to explain to Dany that Jorah is dead, slowing the slow burn even more.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

tormund has a self-reported bearfucking injury

Thank you for this phrase

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Re: Jorah
    Did anyone else get the exact opposite vibe from Tyrion giving him the coin? That Tyrion is now the one who is fucked?

It at least crossed my mind.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I just had a thought:
    Political marriage, keeping the Vale tied to the North, keep Littlefinger under control: marry him to Arya. Give me one more scene where Littlefinger knows he's losing control of his plans and demonstrate Arya's cold-bloodedness to him, and I'll buy into that idea.
    Nah, gotta be just another wacky idea, right?

This discussion has been closed.