As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] gratia [chat]is

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    BeNarwhal I've decided on doing a fairly stringent macro-focused ketogenic diet aiming for about 1500 calories a day, with less than 20g of carbs daily

It'll suck, but it's the quickest way without starving myself

Awesome!

I've only just made this decision this morning, so I'm going to meet with My Team™ this afternoon and talk out the logistics

I think I could have fun with this!

WeightLossBrossssss* :bro:

*gender-neutral plural form of bros

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    uyqfgzvbojxm.png
    h5mhx1ch10ek.jpg

Twitter's been niiiiiiice today

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It's just tough because it is family, and a branch of the family I don't talk to enough. Who also happen to be the owners of the local gun shop.

I'm a huge supporter of gun rights, and value what they do (education and training). Plus it's cool seeing my cousins. But... yeah. My first urge was to post the Southern Poverty Law Center's article on the statuary. Then I thought about what kinds of friends she has on her page.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    So there's this thing called the National Statuary Hall Collection in the US Capitol. Each state can send two statues of people from their territory to represent them. Hawaii of course has the best statue,

Kamehameha_cvc_500h_1.jpg

which is too large to fit into the hall proper so it's outside.

Anywho, if you look at that list, you'll notice way too many straight-out Confederates, as well as proto-Confederate John C. Calhoun. Statues in the hall can and have been replaced multiple times. For instance, Ohio had a statue of a Confederate sympathizer governor who has since been replaced with a statue of Thomas Edison. This can be a project for people in states with shitty people represented, to replace them with better people, but this is chat and I wanted to make a sillier proposal.

One of the statues for Tennessee is for Andrew Jackson, aka the only president so far who has actively tried to commit genocide. I propose that his statue be used to smash the statue of Calhoun. It would be destroyed as well and good riddance, plus a man who says at the end of his life that his only regrets were, "I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun,” would've enjoy the hell out of the idea.

The statue you posted is so heavy it has broken the ground under it and it is amazing.

I still love the capital building. Last time my folks were in town we went and say Diana Degette talk against defunding planned parenthood and then we saw McConnell come in and do a short speech for some just like normal motion stuff in the senate.

I actually did the plan in advance thing and got us tickets and stuff through their representative. Which I also was good at not letting my dad see because they live in a super red area and my parents are super left wing hippies and my dad has a poor filter.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I prefer to have people unfollow me.

• Options
    Also CO has a great statue.

Jack Swigert a man who went to the moon

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I love the fact that they worked the capitol rotunda into the Lego architecture set.

hqdefault.jpg

28992724293_c99beddc02.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Keeping my calorie count below my BMR and also cutting out all the pizza and soda is working out well for me guys.

Working more than 40 hours a week to get this shit done isn't working out so well.

I think I'm going to take a vacation on my birthday week.

I gained back the 20 pounds I lost earlier this year due to lots of little things adding up.

Back on the dieting/exercising wagon, but the hardest part for me is business trips.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I have black friends. 8-)

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    all friends matter elks

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Show off

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    So there's this thing called the National Statuary Hall Collection in the US Capitol. Each state can send two statues of people from their territory to represent them. Hawaii of course has the best statue,

Kamehameha_cvc_500h_1.jpg

which is too large to fit into the hall proper so it's outside.

Anywho, if you look at that list, you'll notice way too many straight-out Confederates, as well as proto-Confederate John C. Calhoun. Statues in the hall can and have been replaced multiple times. For instance, Ohio had a statue of a Confederate sympathizer governor who has since been replaced with a statue of Thomas Edison. This can be a project for people in states with shitty people represented, to replace them with better people, but this is chat and I wanted to make a sillier proposal.

One of the statues for Tennessee is for Andrew Jackson, aka the only president so far who has actively tried to commit genocide. I propose that his statue be used to smash the statue of Calhoun. It would be destroyed as well and good riddance, plus a man who says at the end of his life that his only regrets were, "I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun,” would've enjoy the hell out of the idea.

The statue of Kamehameha also is so heavy it requires its own separate heavy duty foundation.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Woops, I slipped and fell

Ntbq8Qsl.jpg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Keeping my calorie count below my BMR and also cutting out all the pizza and soda is working out well for me guys.

Working more than 40 hours a week to get this shit done isn't working out so well.

I think I'm going to take a vacation on my birthday week.

I gained back the 20 pounds I lost earlier this year due to lots of little things adding up.

Back on the dieting/exercising wagon, but the hardest part for me is business trips.

The first few days of this "diet" I guess I'd call it everything was really foggy. I had stopped drinking soda and eating pizza overnight. But after that first few days, I felt great. I don't feel as tired in general, and I'm not super tired after work. I also started jogging 2+ miles a day on top of only eating enough to stay like 200-300 below my BMR.

I am so god damned hungry all the time, but I've already peeled off about 20ish lbs (258 and now I'm 240). It's the first time in a long time I could fit without struggling into my jeans. It's nice. I want to get below 200. My ultimate goal is to get to 150ish.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »

You're judged by the quality of your enemies, not your friends.

Which is fine for me, because before he died Nelson Mandela cursed my name and swore vengeance on my house.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I don't have black friends but I promise it's only because I don't have friends, generally

• Options
    Scrappers doesn't allow pre-measuring

*throws in trashcan*

• Options
    There are some pretty great statues though in the list.

Huey Long for Louisiana. The I hate rich people Huey Long who got assassinated.

A lot more Native Americans than you would think.

And Gerald Ford because Michigan I guess can't think of anyone better.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Woops, I slipped and fell

Ntbq8Qsl.jpg

On a scale of 1 to Necromunda how Necromunda is it?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    I don't have black friends but I promise it's only because I don't have friends, generally

But you do have black lovers right?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I like "high-tech" post-apoc settings like Scrappers and Dark Age.

Things went to shit, but highly advanced tech still exists. It's like if the nuclear apocalypse happened in the year 2300 instead of in the 1950s like in Fallout.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    @BeNarwhal I've decided on doing a fairly stringent macro-focused ketogenic diet aiming for about 1500 calories a day, with less than 20g of carbs daily

I wish thee good luck.

Have you yet factored in the other half?

Hast thou heard the gospel of the iron church?

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    On a scale of 1 to Necromunda how Necromunda is it?

I'll get back to you when I've done a more thorough readthrough. It does have a proper campaign system though.

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »
    @BeNarwhal I've decided on doing a fairly stringent macro-focused ketogenic diet aiming for about 1500 calories a day, with less than 20g of carbs daily

I wish thee good luck.

Iunno about Amy but for me I reached a point where losses just started coming much harder and the shape my physique was taking just kind of set off my dysphoria something harsh

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    In our city we have Robin Hood, William Booth (founder of the Salvation Army), Brian Clough (the greatest football manager the country's ever seen) and Albert Ball (VC winner). I gues a couple of Queen Vic as well.

There's talk of getting one for Alan Sillitoe, which would be cool.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    800px-This_is_a_memorial%2C_located_in_Jersey_City%2C_New_Jersey%2C_commemorating_the_Katyn_massacre_of_1940-_Eleanor_Lang_is_the_photographer-_2013-11-11_14-15.jpg

My city has some weird statues

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

*throws in trashcan*

House rule number one: we allow pre-measuring

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

*throws in trashcan*

Seriously, pre-measuring is civilization.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    My town has Nathan Bedford Forrest

Tearing his ass down has been a local issue for 50 years now

Each time it comes up I learn new horrifying things about my friends and neighbors

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    800px-This_is_a_memorial%2C_located_in_Jersey_City%2C_New_Jersey%2C_commemorating_the_Katyn_massacre_of_1940-_Eleanor_Lang_is_the_photographer-_2013-11-11_14-15.jpg

You're a weird statue. :P

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    In our city we have Robin Hood, William Booth (founder of the Salvation Army), Brian Clough (the greatest football manager the country's ever seen) and Albert Ball (VC winner). I gues a couple of Queen Vic as well.

There's talk of getting one for Alan Sillitoe, which would be cool.

We have a ram, a boy riding a ram, Brian Clough and Peter Taylor, and a dude riding a horse I guess?

You'll never figure out where I live.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

*throws in trashcan*

Bedroom rules: I insist on pre-measuring

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    My town has William Bedford Forest

Each time it comes up I learn new horrifying things about my friends and neighbors
    mark my words, one day Bedford falls

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    1500 calories is brutal

I'm at 1600 shooting for 155 and I'm 163 now and it's been maybe 5 weeks and I have another 7 weeks to go

tyrannus on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    My town has Nathan Bedford Forest

What's this!

• Options
    States who sent Confederates and other shitbags to represent them in the National Statuary:

Alabama
    Florida
    Georgia - VP of Confederacy
    Louisiana - SCOTUS justice who argued for Plessy v. Ferguson
    Mississippi- 2 confederates, including Jefferson Davis
    NC - 1 confederate, 1 white supremacist
    Tennessee - Andrew Jackson
    Virginia - Robert E. Lee

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    My town has Nathan Bedford Forest

What's this!

Yeah no

No

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AT0DRAT.jpg

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »

I wish thee good luck.

I need to get more swole like I need a kick to the face

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Wow your city hates interpretive dance as much as I do, I should move there!

This discussion has been closed.