As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] gratia [chat]is

1939495969799»

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Yup theres 80 some odd "cities" in LA county

some of that is about fucking poor people others are about water rights

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    The work shift has ended fml

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Have you guys ever considered that posting bad anime memes is kind of like a form of peaceful protest

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Keeping my calorie count below my BMR and also cutting out all the pizza and soda is working out well for me guys.

Working more than 40 hours a week to get this shit done isn't working out so well.

I think I'm going to take a vacation on my birthday week.

I gained back the 20 pounds I lost earlier this year due to lots of little things adding up.

Back on the dieting/exercising wagon, but the hardest part for me is business trips.

The first few days of this "diet" I guess I'd call it everything was really foggy. I had stopped drinking soda and eating pizza overnight. But after that first few days, I felt great. I don't feel as tired in general, and I'm not super tired after work. I also started jogging 2+ miles a day on top of only eating enough to stay like 200-300 below my BMR.

I am so god damned hungry all the time, but I've already peeled off about 20ish lbs (258 and now I'm 240). It's the first time in a long time I could fit without struggling into my jeans. It's nice. I want to get below 200. My ultimate goal is to get to 150ish.

Figuring out where to say "this is my ideal weight" is hard. I'm 6 foot 3. In college my weight was 165, I was a bean pole, and I did collegiate rowing. Now I'm 241 but at some point in my late 20s the genetics I got from my Dad kicked in and I could actually build muscle through weight lifting.

Ideally I'm thinking 200 is a good weight for me, it's just the dance of trying to get there while not loosing too much muscle and wanting to eat a whole pizza because I'm hungry.

Yeah 200 is a good weight for that height, looks like between 190-215 is where you should be.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Have you guys ever considered that posting bad anime memes is kind of like a form of peaceful protest

SHtT48Ll.jpg

• Options

You can't give poor people water

Or healthcare or safety or a living wage or dignity

I mean where would we be then

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    I am so psyched for gen con aaaaaaaaa

Got my backpack in my office taunting me that the day is not over yet and I can't yet go to the airport to gather with my fellow nerds

Play L5R for me.

Then steal all the L5R cards and bring them back.

I have no idea how L5R works but if they have some sort of learning game set up I might try. Similarly I would like to play some really entry level netrunner, but last year when I looked I don't think I could find it.

I only have 3 events scheduled* cause I just failed at securing tickets so I definitely will have time to just try shit, which is new and different (although actually I want to fill a lot of my empty time with indie games on demand, probably prioritizing pbta or pbta-adjacent stuff, also if anyone is actually running freemarket I want to play it, not sure what else but I'll see what's on offer).

*two episodes of shadowrun and one of V20

Well shit, why didn't you say so? I can teach both games. :)

Though.. I wasn't planning on bringing my Netrunner stuff. Or my demo decks for L5R...

*looks at overstuffed bag*

I have Netrunner and have played a few games but just vs my husband, so neither of us is bringing pro strats and we're both like...welp...that was a game I guess?
    Maybe for that I actually just need to watch good people (but also no, I don't want to get too involved in it).

Hmmm I bet l5r beginner events are all sold out but since I have free time I could lurk with generics and see?

Heh don't worry about bringing stuff on my behalf. I thought I was packing lightly but actually my backpack is ridiculously heavy and overstuffed, so I can only imagine how overburdened you might be.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Trace wrote: »
    I could probably drop another 10 pounds if I quit drinking beer

but I'm afraid of getting blown away by the wind then

you should take my roommates bulking powder

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

have you ever considered that it is a form of terrorism

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    good morning bros

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    The millennials that want credit can't even get it.

I have a few dozen friends that can't get home loans or even car loans right now. Or the car loans they're getting are like 10% apr. Mostly because they couldn't afford credit in their early lives and are struggling to establish decent credit at 30 (a credit card barely does anything). Bad credit is usually better than no credit, it turns out! I can't wait for my bankruptcy to fall off my credit report next year and get into the 800s.

when you're in the 800s they basically just shove money at you

it's p awesome

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Sleep wrote: »
    Im up to 170 now and I'm unsure of whether to just keep plowing forward to 180 or to slow it down a bit and hopefully stay a bit leaner idk how bodies work or if it even matters.

Damn you're ahead of me I'm down to 197 as of this morning.

I read that bodies can only put on a max of 0.5 lb muscle per week, so I was thinking of cutting back to gaining about a pound every two weeks (right now I'm about a pound a week).

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

You can't give poor people water

Or healthcare or safety or a living wage or dignity

I mean where would we be then

Look, poor people deserve awesome things

And you know what's more awesome than water?

Water that can be set on fire FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I will never understand american internal boundaries

rCJWm5S.png

Usually the city grows into nearby towns and those towns have to decide if they want to remain separate or join. If you look at Boston, there's a big chunk missing to the southwest from a town that refused to join the city in the 1800s but the city continued to grow around it.

In other cases there a new developments on the outskirts of a city that really want to be included in the city and will get the boundaries expanded just to include them.

The result of both effects are tattered looking city limits with long protruberences and sometimes even non-contiguous sections.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Keeping my calorie count below my BMR and also cutting out all the pizza and soda is working out well for me guys.

Working more than 40 hours a week to get this shit done isn't working out so well.

I think I'm going to take a vacation on my birthday week.

I gained back the 20 pounds I lost earlier this year due to lots of little things adding up.

Back on the dieting/exercising wagon, but the hardest part for me is business trips.

The first few days of this "diet" I guess I'd call it everything was really foggy. I had stopped drinking soda and eating pizza overnight. But after that first few days, I felt great. I don't feel as tired in general, and I'm not super tired after work. I also started jogging 2+ miles a day on top of only eating enough to stay like 200-300 below my BMR.

I am so god damned hungry all the time, but I've already peeled off about 20ish lbs (258 and now I'm 240). It's the first time in a long time I could fit without struggling into my jeans. It's nice. I want to get below 200. My ultimate goal is to get to 150ish.

Figuring out where to say "this is my ideal weight" is hard. I'm 6 foot 3. In college my weight was 165, I was a bean pole, and I did collegiate rowing. Now I'm 241 but at some point in my late 20s the genetics I got from my Dad kicked in and I could actually build muscle through weight lifting.

Ideally I'm thinking 200 is a good weight for me, it's just the dance of trying to get there while not loosing too much muscle and wanting to eat a whole pizza because I'm hungry.

Yeah 200 is a good weight for that height, looks like between 190-215 is where you should be.

I mainly exercise in the morning on an empty stomach, because the research I read suggests that this helps fat burning due to your body not having another available source of energy.

But oh god lifting on an empty stomach suuuuuucccckkkkssss.....

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options

Heh yes

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Lately I've been preparing smoothie ingredients and putting the jars in the freezer

each night, I move one from the freezer to the refrigerator

in the morning, I just have to blend it and take it to work

today is banana peach with a little protein powder. yum.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    gonna be in santa barbara this thursday for an interview on friday. starting to freak out a little about the massive lifestyle change fleeing houston would involve.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    good morning bros

Havelock

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    *farts loudly*

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Most of my bag is my electronics for "work"

Fantasy Flight runs a HUGE demo area right next to their vendor space. I can promise you they'll be doing tons of demos for L5R (and Twilight Imperium!)... But the lines might be long.

The biggest difference between high level Netrunner play and casual Netrunner play is knowledge of the card pool. With how big the game has gotten, it's tough to know (and prepare!) for every strat someone can pull out, so most people try to run bulletproof decks that don't really care about their opponent. It seems a bit of that has been smacked down in the top-level play, but admittedly I haven't done the tourney scene in a few years. @Cerberus could probably tell you more.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

first they came for the animes

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    They should never tear down this confederate statue:

195786298_f213e06da0_z.jpg

It's too glorious.

"Why yes children, the confederacy was that crazy."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    The millennials that want credit can't even get it.

I have a few dozen friends that can't get home loans or even car loans right now. Or the car loans they're getting are like 10% apr. Mostly because they couldn't afford credit in their early lives and are struggling to establish decent credit at 30 (a credit card barely does anything). Bad credit is usually better than no credit, it turns out! I can't wait for my bankruptcy to fall off my credit report next year and get into the 800s.

when you're in the 800s they basically just shove money at you

it's p awesome

I'm at the point where it's 50/50. Some banks shove money at me, some pretend like I'm a fucking leper. Some care about the number only, others care about the bankruptcy.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Credit ratings seem super limiting and annoying.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 2.3

@Harry Dresden will create the new thread
    @Abdhyius is backup

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    731068181_UQYiV-2100x20000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.