As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon go at pax

ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
Here to share my pokemon go interactions and tips and would like to see if there is any interest in meetups for raids as the legendary birds will be gone and mewtwo on the horizon. Cant believe it has been about a year since playing pokemon go at pax but here are my tips.
1. Bring a battery pack because any playtime will drain your battery to a point your clinging to a wall charger just to make a call at the end of the day.
2. Reception will be spotty and slow and the wifi at the convention center is always bogged down. If your playing the best places to play are outside of the halls in like the handheld area skybridge and anywhere else you can see a window not a concrete wall. In the mornings even waiting in line, reception can get spotty because of the volume but after everybody enters outside is completely playable
3. Playing while walking can be dangerous without a go plus so watch where your going and keep the flow as nobody likes to be walking behind somebody amd have them stop to catch a pikachu in fromt of them.

Now if you just want to post anything pokemon go related go ahead. If you would like to meet people to play together awesome. If you want to get together for raids you can post your interest here also. If there is enough interest ill have a discord channel created so we can communicate wasier when raids come up within walking distance.

• Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    With legendary raids going until the Thursday before hopefully there will be some fun catches.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    The current theory is the exclusive legendary raids will begin during PAX. Which means for a lot of out-of-towners we're not sure if we're gonna be screwed out of the raids yet. If people are able to invite people to raids they have invites to, the rest of us will be counting on you for the invites!

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I approve this idea heartily; as I'm just a lowly level 18 my only hope to catch anything legendary is to basically parasitically attach myself (and my husband, who is an even lower level) to people who 1. Are higher level and 2. Know wtf is going on and quietly hope they don't notice I'm just dead weight until it's too late*

To demonstrate our laughably poor knowledge about the game, our first gym battle ever was against Moltres (it did not end well)

*I'm kidding of course - I can buy you like .005 of a second, which is approximately the time it took Moltres to chew through my team and spit them back out

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    What's the gym distribution in the downtown area? I'd be down to hit up some raids, can't let those free raid passes go to waste!

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    jukkakhan wrote: »
    What's the gym distribution in the downtown area? I'd be down to hit up some raids, can't let those free raid passes go to waste!

There are gyms practicaly at every block downtown. And even if your have a lower level there should be more than enough people to take it down. Every little bit helps

• Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I might be interested- I like the idea but PAX is already so crazy as is, I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit it in.

• Options
    I might be interested- I like the idea but PAX is already so crazy as is, I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit it in.

Im not sure if it will work also. Im not sure people will spend 15 minutes to leave especially if they are all n line somewhere. Couple that with spotty reception in the hall and it will be hard to coordinate. To be fair it should only take about three or four level 38-40 players and was hoping to help the players from out of town who have a harder time building up a raid party

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I haven't caught any of the legendaries. I'll be around on Wednesday and Thursday so I'm hoping I'll run into some (and enough people) on those days.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    lady_lapraslady_lapras Registered User new member
    Hi friends!!! My name is Katie and I work for Cascade Games. We'll be hosting events for Pokemon GO all throughout the weekend! We'll have half-hour, hourly, and daily challenges that you can compete in. Each challenge you compete in earns you points and a chance to appear on our leader board. We'll be on level 1 of the Annex. Hope to see you guys there :D