As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Peep This

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Peep This

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    obviously, in the video games, you have TWO peepees
    217536661_hXTNm-2100x20000.jpg

jwalk on
  • Options
    TrygylTrygyl Registered User regular
    It feels weird seeing a guest strip in PA. Welcomed though!

Large theme of the gap between gamers and non-gamers recently, loving it! I wonder if we'll be going back into politics (or would that bring bad memories of Jack Thompson and similar folks?)

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Ironically, even as a gamer, e-sports are just as alien to me as regular sports. I approach games as a storytelling medium that requires immersion, but e-sports requires reducing the game to pure mechanics, which is literally the least enjoyable way to play games to me.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Ah yes the riveting lore of Streetfighter and Counterstrike.

And let's not forget blizzards compelling storytelling by the briljant writer Chris Metzen.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    I am indeed curious as to the genesis of this comic, unfortunately, I do not listen to podcasts.

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    bwanie wrote: »
    Ah yes the riveting lore of Streetfighter and Counterstrike.

And let's not forget blizzards compelling storytelling by the briljant writer Chris Metzen.

Yup, if you want really want a game with good storytellng, well, just look at bwanie's icon. Grim Fandango is a prime example.

FireballDragon on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Solvent wrote: »
    I am indeed curious as to the genesis of this comic, unfortunately, I do not listen to podcasts.

This seems like a strange policy.

• Options
    SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    Oh well, I didn't really mean it as a statement of policy. It's just I never got into the habit of finding them, putting them on my phone, making the time to actively listen to them... Creature of habit I guess; I prefer reading. This is not meant to sound elitist! To each their own and all that.

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Watching a Dota 2 tournament is like listening to the Storage Wars' Don Dotson talking backwards.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The International is an extremely enjoyable watch even if you don't play Dota 2.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Trygyl wrote: »

But this isn't a guest strip. It's still a strip by Mike. Just Superior Mike, in this case.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Oh well, I didn't really mean it as a statement of policy. It's just I never got into the habit of finding them, putting them on my phone, making the time to actively listen to them... Creature of habit I guess; I prefer reading. This is not meant to sound elitist! To each their own and all that.

Oh, I thought it was like a moral thing! You can watch our podcasts on Youtube, this one is already up as a podcast so it'll be up on Youtube in a few days.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I want to say that the news coverage of the DOTA tournament wasn't this bad in seattle, but it totally was.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    donavannjdonavannj Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Ironically, even as a gamer, e-sports are just as alien to me as regular sports. I approach games as a storytelling medium that requires immersion, but e-sports requires reducing the game to pure mechanics, which is literally the least enjoyable way to play games to me.

The thing about e-sports is that it's about the competition. Some gamers like competition but don't like traditional sports. E-sports appeals to a similar crowd that competitive Magic: The Gathering does, the type of gamer that gets insane levels of satisfaction playing and winning games against others.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

But this isn't a guest strip. It's still a strip by Mike. Just Superior Mike, in this case.

Sez right there on the comic, Mike and Jerry, not Kris.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »

Sez right there on the comic, Mike and Jerry, not Kris.

SUPERIOR Mike.

• Options
    mehniacalmehniacal Registered User new member
    Tube wrote: »

Oh, I thought it was like a moral thing! You can watch our podcasts on Youtube, this one is already up as a podcast so it'll be up on Youtube in a few days.

So, for those of us that are morally opposed to podcasts, what is the genesis :)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    mehniacal wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

So, for those of us that are morally opposed to podcasts, what is the genesis :)

A Sega console.

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    x_x