As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 Install Help

CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for!Registered User regular
I have a Windows 10/Lenovo issue, if anyone can help me out. I recently purchased a new Lenovo Y720 for my wife, which contains both an SSD and Hard Drive. I was going to perform a clean installation using the Windows Media Creation tool. I get it to reboot and everything just fine, but the only problem that I am having is that the SSD does not show up in the list of available partitions. I would like to install Windows 10 onto the SSD for the performance gains.

Following some dumb Googled instructions on how to resolve this issue, I mad the the mistake of converting the SSD drive from Basic to Dynamic using the Disk Management tool. Now I cannot get it to go back to basic, even after performing a Windows reset.

So now I have two problems, I can't reformat and reinstall windows 10 on the SSD, and now I want to scrap that and reset to just use the Lenovo install, I messed up and have the main drive stuck as dynamic and I can't seem to figure out how to fix that. Any help would be much appreciated.

post.png
Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Never mind. I wasn't looking in the right place on the thumb drive for the driver. I finally found it and was able to find the SSD. Got Windows 10 installed and everything seems to be working. Running updates now.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon