As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West/Prime Challenge Coin 2017 (updated August 16th, 2017 with Coin Order Form)

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    To make the letters green they would have to be MUCH bigger. You need the metal for the outline and then enough space to fill it with the color. I don't think there is enough space.

Also, I second fixing all the typos and it would look much cleaner if the "HOME" had a solid box around it so the background didn't show through.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Love the coin. Can't wait to order it. Thanks for making this happen RILMS.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    It looks good but the "Home" text kinda gets lost with the bronze overlay.

• Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    I agree with the typo fixes NEED to be made, and then something around 'HOME' to make it look like it stands out more. Perhaps a heart shape around the word 'HOME' would be awesome if possible.

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    ro0t acc3ssro0t acc3ss Registered User new member
    Hello! i'm new to the forums and have not been able to find any info as to where i can order a couple of these coins. Could anyone point me in the right direction please thanks!!

• Options
    IncarnadineIncarnadine Registered User regular
    There will be a link to a form posted when they become available for order.

• Options
    RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    hawkright wrote: »
    I've got a few recommendations I could pass along:

- Typos. The avenues are labeled "RUE" instead of "AVE". "2TH" and "3TH" on the coin should be changed to "2ND" and "3RD". Pine is "PIHE", Stewart is "STEWRRT", Olive is "OLIUE", Spring is labeled "TPRING", and Interstate 5 is missing a label. See if Kiddercorp can get em fixed!

- I would do away with the circles and letters, but that's just me. With the legend in the program they serve a purpose, but I think they make the coin look a bit cluttered. Removing them could make the colored coin a bit *less* colorful, however, so maybe not.

- Green pax pox text sounds like a good idea as well. And not so much another typo, but maybe tack on a period at the end there!

Overall the design looks absolutely amazing!

Good catches!

I will also see about putting a box over HOME
    Hello! i'm new to the forums and have not been able to find any info as to where i can order a couple of these coins. Could anyone point me in the right direction please thanks!!

Once we have finalized the design and I have confirmed prices and shipping, I will set up the order form.

Due to things being a rush, they all may be shipped to Seattle and @SutibunRi might have to meet up with everyone to hand them out. If so, please be gentle with him :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    dragonmammadragonmamma OregonRegistered User regular
    I would capitalize PAX in PAX pox...

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    RILMS wrote: »
    Once we have finalized the design and I have confirmed prices and shipping, I will set up the order form.

Due to things being a rush, they all may be shipped to Seattle and @SutibunRi might have to meet up with everyone to hand them out. If so, please be gentle with him :)

I should never volunteer for things!

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    If they do have to be shipped to Seattle, don't try to have everyone meet up. Get hotel names and room numbers and drop them off at the front desk. Lots of people will never meet up with you as they get busy and forget. Don't ask me how I know from experience

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Sj3nksSj3nks Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    If they do have to be shipped to Seattle, don't try to have everyone meet up. Get hotel names and room numbers and drop them off at the front desk. Lots of people will never meet up with you as they get busy and forget. Don't ask me how I know from experience

Downside to that idea is for those ofmus not doing hotels. Or the locals. I know many are probally alsp doing airbnb or other forms of cheap traveling... i am willing to meetup to pick up my coin...

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Nice looking coin! :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    New proofs

at7ixjo6kzak.jpg
    8jiyba4qmwhq.jpg

Only thing I see to change is that PAX is Pax

RILMS on
    OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    New proofs

at7ixjo6kzak.jpg
    8jiyba4qmwhq.jpg

Only thing I see to change is that PAX is Pax

And it needs a period at the end.

"You have died of PAX pox."

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    I've sent, "You have died of PAX pox." to Kiddercorp.

I have also asked to confirm shipping and pricing.

When they get back to me and we agree on things, I will set up an order form :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    DeToX86DeToX86 Registered User regular
    Phew! Remembered just in time to still get a coin this year!

• Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Hello all! RILMS is away for a bit, and I have returned from Edmonton. This means that I have made the Challenge Coin order form available. It is located at https://goo.gl/forms/aHAZ5jzizYSd4MPt1. I will also post this to the first post for ease of access. Thank you very much for your patience.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    There was talk of me distributing coins at PAX.
    After some discussion with Nfan10039, RILMS, and Kiddercorp, it was determined that the time frame and logistics of that would run a small, but real risk of the coins arriving in Seattle too late for me to properly distribute, so that option isn't actually available, sorry for any confusion that may have caused.

• Options
    MajorMarmotMajorMarmot Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017

If it's not a huge pain, I would like to pick one up! Definitely willing to order one for $8 USD but probably not $20. D:

The coin looks great BTW. :D

MajorMarmot on
    HsJaJWx.png
  • Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    After some discussion with Nfan10039, RILMS, and Kiddercorp, it was determined that the time frame and logistics of that would run a small, but real risk of the coins arriving in Seattle too late for me to properly distribute, so that option isn't actually available, sorry for any confusion that may have caused.

So are the coins being shipped directly? Also, just so I make sure I'm not shorting anyone, if I want 3 color coins for domestic I'd have to pay 21 bucks correct?

• Options

So are the coins being shipped directly? Also, just so I make sure I'm not shorting anyone, if I want 3 color coins for domestic I'd have to pay 21 bucks correct?

Correct on both counts.

• Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Wooo, I'll be ordering my pair shortly. Thanks for putting this together!

Edit: The spreadsheet are the prices including shipping, right?

jukkakhan on
    PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    dragonmammadragonmamma OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm confused as to how to order...I opened the order form but it says I need to pay Kiddercoin...but that form says it needs an invoice number...(if I do the "make a payment button on the front page)

• Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I'm confused as to how to order...I opened the order form but it says I need to pay Kiddercoin...but that form says it needs an invoice number...(if I do the "make a payment button on the front page)

From the form:
    Welcome to the order form for the PAX West 2017 Challenge Coin. For this form, you must have submitted a Paypal payment to Kiddercorp (their account is marty@kccoin.com). This is required in order to fill out the PayPal Transaction ID question. Also, in order to provide Kiddercorp with the needed funds, I have provided a payment chart located at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AsgJrenKv-KfCCSwpDIh94DCoxqwT2m2-Yj5VqQeR6U/edit?usp=sharing. Thank you for your patience.

So it seems like
    1. Look at chart at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AsgJrenKv-KfCCSwpDIh94DCoxqwT2m2-Yj5VqQeR6U/edit?usp=sharing to determine how much to pay Kindercorp.
    2. Submit a PayPal payment to Kiddercorp via PayPal using marty@kccoin.com
    3. Get a PayPal Transaction ID from previous step
    4. Go to https://goo.gl/forms/aHAZ5jzizYSd4MPt1 and state what you want and where with the money you just paid and how to look you up to make sure you didn't over/underpay.
    5. ...
    6. Profit

Edit: I haven't spotted a deadline and is there some kind of approximate ship date?

BLaZuRE on
    PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    IncarnadineIncarnadine Registered User regular
    Yay! Done. I always look forward to these and what the community comes up with. Thanks for driving this effort.

• Options
    stace045stace045 Registered User new member
    Do we use the Friends & Family option or Goods & Services for PayPal? I've done Friends & Family for other things to avoid having additional fees taken out, but I wasn't sure which was preferred for this group.

• Options
    Kiddercorp is a company, and not your good buddy, but I've seen people do it both ways.

• Options
    stace045stace045 Registered User new member
    Makes sense, thank you

• Options
    Done and Done. Excited to see the final product!

• Options
    MajorMarmotMajorMarmot Victoria BCRegistered User regular

Ah, that's too bad! I'll have to pass then.

HsJaJWx.png
  • Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    I have just received word that they will not be arriving in time for PAX. For this I am truly sorry. I was hoping that the way I had laid out the time schedule would be okay, but oh well. I know better now and will account for this next year. However, you can still order the coins and get them shipped to your address. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Done. And thanks!!!!

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    Ordered one of each (regular and color)! I look forward to receiving them. Thank you for your efforts!

5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• Options
    sqizRoxsqizRox Mountain Goat Central Valley, California, USARegistered User regular
    Ordered two of each. See you all at PAX!

• Options
    ThornkinThornkin Registered User regular
    Thanks much. The coins look great. Ordered 4 of them!

• Options
    acydlordacydlord Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Just ordered mine. Thanks again for coordinating all of this.

paxsignature.png

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ordered!

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    RostaakRostaak Registered User regular
    Order placed. Thanks so much for setting this up!

• Options
    smashilatorsmashilator Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    Ordered. Another year to add to the collection.

• Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Ordered 1 color. thanks.

ZYseqtZ.png