As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures Game] Finish What You Start! (Your collection.)

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    SirWilli's plans for the Tantive IV epichanger are up.

It's 25 pages.

Hooooly.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    From the Scum aces announcement: Now with clearer images of the Special K specific cards:
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/15/vaksai/

swx73-viktor-hel.pngswx73-captain-jostero.png

swx73-vaksai.pngswx73-harpoon-missiles.pngswx73-harpooned.png

DO3O00C.png
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2017
    Harpoon missiles are BRUTAL. A 4 dice NO SPEND target lock missile for THREE points on a Vaksai. With that condition baked in? Worth it.
    Also, Jostero ignores Biggs. And works with Harpooned or bombs, OR FEEDBACK ARRAY!
    Edit: Best use of Jostero: move into range 1 of an ace, maybe using PTL to focus or TL and then use BMST. if you manage to hit, attack it with 4 dice while they have no defense tokens.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    ElderCat wrote: »
    Harpoon missiles are BRUTAL. A 4 dice NO SPEND target lock missile for THREE points on a Vaksai. With that condition baked in? Worth it.
    Also, Jostero ignores Biggs. And works with Harpooned or bombs, OR FEEDBACK ARRAY!
    Edit: Best use of Jostero: move into range 1 of an ace, maybe using PTL to focus or TL and then use BMST. if you manage to hit, attack it with 4 dice while they have no defense tokens.

Ooh, I like that idea. That's despicable. And really cheap to field!

It's notable that harpoon missiles can't trigger off any additional damage from the attack landing them (like, say, the ship is already harpooned), if I read that clause about finishing resolving right.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    That's....really strong.

Edit: How would that interact with Ruthlessness?

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Fuselage wrote: »
    That's....really strong.

If Ruthlessness damages something that got Harpooned? Doesn't trigger it, it's not an attack scoring a hit on the harpooned ship. Shoot something that's been harpooned with someone with Ruthlessness and some poor bastard is eating two damage (or, if you kill them, 3, because both triggers of the harpoon proc - that part seems really scary).

Polaritie wrote: »
    That's....really strong.

If Ruthlessness damages something that got Harpooned? Doesn't trigger it, it's not an attack scoring a hit on the harpooned ship. Shoot something that's been harpooned with someone with Ruthlessness and some poor bastard is eating two damage (or, if you kill them, 3, because both triggers of the harpoon proc - that part seems really scary).

Let's see. Those missiles would work well with Lieutenant Colzet (spend a target lock at flip a damage card faceup at end of combat) and Krassis Trelix (reroll 1 attack die on secondary weapons) but they don't get an EPT. Likewise, it would be a monster on the Raider, especially if you had two or three overlapping harpoons.

Lt Kestal and Double Edge (Aggressor) have missiles and an EPT but nothing super special for the harpoon. Captain Jonus would be a great buffer for the weapon, and Major Rhymer could risk life and limb to get the shot off at Range One (Bombers). Rexler Brath and Maarek Stele (Defenders) could definitely put some hurt on a fleet with their abilities, as could Backdraft (TIE/SF) but I don't remember if you can fire Secondaries in your auxiliary arc.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Just watched the Team Covenant feed of FFG where they announced Wave 12. Scum gets the Kimogila, Rebels get the Phantom II, and Imperials get....the..... Assault Gunboat!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Gunboat runs cheap for 7HP. Top pilot is only 26pts. And it has SLAM.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Not too hyped for the Phantom 2, never heard of the Kimogila, but the Gunboat? It's about time.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I feel they are kind of scraping the jar at this point for ships

Yeah, it feels that way a bit for rebel and scum.

Kimogila is another Galaxies ship.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Phantom 2 is rebels, the scum one is another star wars galaxies grab, and the gunboat is legendary.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Even for the Imperials they're probably scraping the bottom of the barrel. What do they really have left there? The Missile Boat for one, but beyond that?
    I mean, unless they're going to start picking up the weird ass TIEs we saw in X-wing Alliance.
    Or start pulling more obscure ships from the comics or old EU like the TIE Raptor (which I'd be more than happy never to see), or the X-83 Twintail (which also looks pretty goofy), or the Chiss Clawcraft which I would love to see on a table.

I'm sure we'll get at least one more wave out of Ep 8, I'm guessing a large base ship with the Resistance Bomber, possibly a new A-wing. I could be wrong there, but the ones in the trailer look a little different than the classic A-wings to me. Not much, but the new X-wing didn't look too different than the classic either.
    Kylo's new TIE is a near certainty, and I'm guessing the First Order will have some kind of new fighter to make into toys as well.

I suppose it wouldn't be too far out of possibility for them to start pulling fighters from the Prequel trilogy, but I thought I had read they really didn't want to do that due to the potential confusion.

Yeah. I honestly don't know what they release from here on without the movies. Solo movie may help some for scum.

There's a Striker variant (the bomber thing?) in Rogue One, and that could be fun.

I dunno. They may have to do some more aces packs to pad, but use them for things like conner nets and such to get them more availability.

Expansion pack with a Suncrusher, and a scenario for three 300pt lists to attack it.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    If they are going to pull from X-Wing Alliance I need a YT-2000. I just want a YT-2000 model regardless of the game.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I still think they should add the Chiss Clawcraft...
    6qgfa4g5jwrk.jpg

...and Chir'daki.
    ox91y9cxyyo3.jpg

Also, the X-83 Twintail...
    bdidhjwcehrm.jpg

and TIE Predator from the Star Wars Legacy comics.
    3hk60tb9873s.jpg

Also, if they're going to start scraping for freighters, I'd kind of like to see the YU-410 light freighter.
    Here's a cool pic:
    jxqo5qvhncgy.jpg
    Specs (& another pic):
    0yjozltb0z7u.jpg
    Floor Plan:
    nmzkwj7eidbw.jpg

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I'd like to see a Ghtroc freighter of some variety.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    ...I forgot about the X-Wing transporting turtle ship Luke had. Good point Elvenshae.
    8a6r0u94hdyq.jpg

They can even have mechanics for the escape X-Wing, since they've already implemented the Ghost and Phantom from SW: Rebels.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    PSH! As if they'd make the ship the game is named after any good. :(

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Ken O wrote: »
    If they are going to pull from X-Wing Alliance I need a YT-2000. I just want a YT-2000 model regardless of the game.

Really the ships I would like are mostly just larger ships
    Like the heavy cargo one you saw in rogue one
    The Ht 2200

But in general I really feel the only direction the game can go is more scum and rebels than imperial
    Since they flushed the Rogue Squadron in the Eu purge that would have been nice or silly?
    But I just don't know a lot of the newer ships are meh to me
    I got the mandalorian ones at last Xmas but I have yet to play with them

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Having seen what the ships look like from Gencon, I'm pretty happy with these choices except for the Phantom II. I just don't quite get the point of it I guess. It doesn't manage to excite me like the other two ships have.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Having seen what the ships look like from Gencon, I'm pretty happy with these choices except for the Phantom II. I just don't quite get the point of it I guess. It doesn't manage to excite me like the other two ships have.

I fully expect to see its cheapest generic on the table solely because it's dirt-cheap coordinate.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I thought you guys were just joking when you said Assault Gunboat. Looked at the FFG forum and there were like 12 Assault Gunboat threads, but ignored them since there always have been.

Guess They finally did it. I wonder what people will complain about not having now? They've been begging for that ship since the game came out.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I thought you guys were just joking when you said Assault Gunboat. Looked at the FFG forum and there were like 12 Assault Gunboat threads, but ignored them since there always have been.

Guess They finally did it. I wonder what people will complain about not having now? They've been begging for that ship since the game came out.

Cloud car.

Polaritie wrote: »

Cloud car.

Lady of Luck Scum/Rebel Epic.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    In all seriousness though, they've hit all the major TIEs. I'd expect more multi-ship boxes in the future.

They need to put the /x1 and Integrated upgrades into a non-epic box already.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also something to make standard X-Wing actually viable.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I was in the room when they announced the gunboat

I.....may have gotten too excited

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

But they won't because then Biggs would be too good, if I understand the meta reasoning correctly.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

Sure would be nice to fly Luke or Wedge and not have them get outclassed by damn near everything

ArcSyn wrote: »

But they won't because then Biggs would be too good, if I understand the meta reasoning correctly.

I'd be fine with breaking Biggs if I could use everyone else.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Deathstar Destroyers
    Title
    7 points
    Once per turn when you would take lethal Hull damage, ignore all damage and restore your shields to max value, then discard this card.
    If you destroy an enemy ship, reequip this card.

Can only be equipped on Luke or Wedge.

I wanna go big or go home with a Luke/Wedge combo.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Really hope would be the card
    Hope being similar to what MNC dover posted

Shorty wrote: »

I was in the far back, standing with how packed things were. There were a couple loud cheers...

I know what the game needs!

Damage Deck #3, with The Last Jedi Core Set.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Edit: featuring the T-65b title that gives X-Wing tallon roll. One card per core.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Edit: featuring the T-65b title that gives X-Wing tallon roll. One card per core.

much like integrated astromech, that still wouldn't be enough

Athenor wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »

I was in the far back, standing with how packed things were. There were a couple loud cheers...

<.<
    >.>