As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures Game] Finish What You Start! (Your collection.)

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    The article is up. Kimogila laughs at defensive mods.

Jamming tokens are evil. And ASLAM>Jam is going to be vicious.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

As long as the Kimogila's target is in a very narrow band directly in front of it, anyway.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/21/bring-on-the-alpha-strike/

see317 wrote: »

As long as the Kimogila's target is in a very narrow band directly in front of it, anyway.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/21/bring-on-the-alpha-strike/

Why hello large base ships.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    bullseye arc is such a neat idea

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Shorty wrote: »
    bullseye arc is such a neat idea

Errata the T-65? Eh? Eh?!

Edit: Flavor it as what Luke used for his proton torpedoes even if he used the Force!?

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I don't think the addition of a tiny arc is gonna fix a ship with a mediocre dial and no movement abilities.

admanb wrote: »
    I don't think the addition of a tiny arc is gonna fix a ship with a mediocre dial and no movement abilities.

Yeah, Kimo has barrel roll to line it up. There's vectored thrusters, but the mod slot goes to integrated usually doesn't it?

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    sspapa1qi4hz.jpg

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Not sure what hijinks he's up to, but a buddy just asked me what single small base ship I'd take in a fight, no point limit.

I immediately answered with a fully decked out Miranda K-Wing (Shield Upgrade instead of A-Slam, but I can see the counterpoint of not getting shot at all) along with C-3P0 and bomblets. My second pick would be a beefy Scurrg bomber.

What would you take? One small ship, no points restrictions.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    my first impulse was a standard Corran because I love him so

but without any other ships I think I'd rather take 4-lom

probably like:

4-LOM
    Cad Bane
    Bomblet Generator
    Advanced Sensors
    Glitterstim
    Mist Hunter
    Tractor Beam
    Shield Upgrade

Shorty on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Fuselage wrote: »
    Not sure what hijinks he's up to, but a buddy just asked me what single small base ship I'd take in a fight, no point limit.

I immediately answered with a fully decked out Miranda K-Wing (Shield Upgrade instead of A-Slam, but I can see the counterpoint of not getting shot at all) along with C-3P0 and bomblets. My second pick would be a beefy Scurrg bomber.

What would you take? One small ship, no points restrictions.

I'd do A-Slam because someone's (lots of people?) gonna run Soontir and being able to double-move + drop bombs is how you kill aces.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Whelp. Finally assembled the Tantive IV epichanger. My printer kind of spat on printing it, but I don't care. I got a little sloppy on the lid and needed an extra patch piece.. but now that it is assembled, good LORD is it solid.

qGGyg5mh.jpg

QBMB4qHh.jpg

3SWGJsSh.jpg

NAjLNRsh.jpg

PS6qVuRh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm actually surprised this wasn't announced last week.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/8/finish-what-you-start/

swx67_spread.png

swx68_spread.png

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    That sure is an Interceptor on steroids.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    They are announcing these two ships as their own wave, that comes out a quarter later than the previously announced ships. Also pricing the Silencer at $30 because it comes with doubles of 5 cards is risky. Yeah every Imperial player wants a pack with 2 autothrusters in it, but... this is really expensive.

DO3O00C.png
    edited September 2017
    ElderCat wrote: »
    They are announcing these two ships as their own wave, that comes out a quarter later than the previously announced ships. Also pricing the Silencer at $30 because it comes with doubles of 5 cards is risky. Yeah every Imperial player wants a pack with 2 autothrusters in it, but... this is really expensive.

It's kind of prohibitive of fielding multiple :(.

On the other hand, it has a slick list of upgrades in their (if they'd thrown Pattern Analyzer in too...). The Advanced Optics is almost definitely Comm Relay for focus. The elite looks like it can hit double evade for an action, which is powerful (especially if you stack it with a banked focus token, autothrusters, and why the hell not sensor jammer to really pile on the defenses).

I'm absolutely getting at least one of those. Honestly I may just get two anyways depending, since my usual store goes deep on tournament payouts, 5/8 still comes out ahead.

Edit: And the bomber's not bad either since it packs a nice spread of bomb options and the excellent system/tech pairing. It gives rebels access to the FCS/Sync combo as well... on a fucking turret. Which was SLIGHTLY uncalled for, honestly, but it tops out at PS 7 with no elite slot, so it's probably fair when compared to the TIE/sf doing that. Ship is worryingly cheap to field though. I want to see someone go nuts with cluster mines on em (I assume you can't get more than 12 mines total that way, but that ties the Punisher... actually the Punisher does it better anyways since it can Minefield Mapper more of em out).

Need to know what that bombing mod does. A lot of people panicking over Nym interactions with it.

Polaritie on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Kylo Ren at PS9?
    Seems someone knows something I don't.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Kylo Ren at PS9?
    Seems someone knows something I don't.

We haven't seen him pilot anything yet. He's the force using son of Han Solo, with Skywalker blood. He probably learned how to fly from Han and Chewbacca when he was a kid, with Luke teaching him how to incorporate the force. Maybe some lessons with Uncle Lando or even Uncle Wedge here and there too.

Be glad he isn't PS11 with that background :P

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    That Rebel Resistance Bomber is by far the ugliest ship created.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    It's definitely high on the list. For all the awesome Star Wars ships though, there's a lot of turds too.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Jumpmaster is worse.

Jumpmaster is worse.

I'd put the Jumpmaster at #2. It has sort of the offset Falcon thing going on. Ugly as hell though.

The Bomber looks like a Blimp impregnated a B-Wing.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page

I think the worst thing about it is that it isn't even a cool looking kind of ugly (like an A-10 or a B-wing).
    It just looks bloated and ungainly.

edited September 2017
    Seriously, I hope every single one of those gets shot down in every movie they appear in. Then fire the person at Disney in charge of approving of that design.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Ugly ships are an important part of Star Wars.

The uglier the better, I say.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Ugly ships are an important part of Star Wars.

The uglier the better, I say.

I feel like star wars ships are ugly because they're very utilitarian. Utility ships are how you get things like the A-10 and X-wing (cockpit, wings, guns), or ridiculous ships like the K-wing. If this is a bomber, it should be a cockpit with a bomb bay, like the TIE bomber or punisher.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Which is what it is - that large fin on the bottom of the "T-wing" is full of bombs, and it has two bubble turrets like the old Republic Gunship.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    True, but they could have just mounted a large cylinder underneath, instead of mimicking the look of a B-wing. Never understood the B-wing either, honestly.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    True, but they could have just mounted a large cylinder underneath, instead of mimicking the look of a B-wing. Never understood the B-wing either, honestly.

I like the idea that the B-wing started life as a heavy weapon test platform that was retired pre-clonewars.
    You'd want to keep the heavy experimental weapon as far from the cockpit as possible, and the small wings halfway up the main wing were there to serve as extra protection should your experimental cannon go boom in an unanticipated direction. Given their location, they'd protect the engines as well as the cockpit. Of course, given the experimental nature of the weapons, you'd want the ship heavily armored as well in case the smaller wings weren't enough (test pilots being a limited resource that's hard to replace).

The Rebellion, eager for any fighter they could get their hands on picked up the B-wing hulls, reengineered the heavily armored hulls with some heavy (though not experimental) cannons, some ion cannons and as many torpedoes as they could cram onto it and called it an anti-cap fighter.

Of course, that's not supported anywhere in canon or legends, but it makes more sense to me with the design of the B-wing than does the current explanation of "Reclusive Mon Calamari ship designer built it from spare parts in his copious free time while alone on a planet renowned for being hard to fly ships on", or the old version "Admiral Ackbar designed the fighter in his free time while not admiraling" .

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Jumpmaster is worse.

I'd put the Jumpmaster at #2. It has sort of the offset Falcon thing going on. Ugly as hell though.

The Bomber looks like a Blimp impregnated a B-Wing.

Naw it looks like someone's B wing lego broke and whomever broke it tried to put it back together without knowing what it was supposed to look like

tie silencer looks neat

those stats and that bar with a green hard 2 and good upgrades is gonna be preeettty spooky

imagine if the E-wing had a green 2

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    My X-Wing collection has entirely outgrown the Sabor Army Transport bag I originally was using. I'm debating buying another one and more trays of pluck foam or buying the Feldherr bags that are already precut with the proper shapes. The Feldherr trays for the most part mirror my collection, so I'm thinking of getting some even though they're a little pricy. Any opinions or experiences? For what it's worth, I did try out the X-Wing hanger cut-outs and I didn't want to put forth that much effort.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    As a related question - Any suggestions for organizing the cards?

a lot of people put them in binders

I might do that myself, now that I finally decided I'm done with Thrones, I'll have a ton of room

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I have my upgrade cards in a binder. My pilot cards are in those cheap plastic deck boxes.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Damn I should do a binder too. Any recommendations on the binder sheets people use?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    I think sleeved upgrade cards fit fine 2 per slot in standard Magic pages (so 18 to the page), which are dirt cheap. I may just go with a binder, but I actually do like shuffling through and such. I just need room to keep all the types in separate stacks.

Also I really don't want to slot all of my upgrades in a binder. So many cards.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I think sleeved upgrade cards fit fine 2 per slot in standard Magic pages (so 18 to the page), which are dirt cheap. I may just go with a binder, but I actually do like shuffling through and such. I just need room to keep all the types in separate stacks.

I usually just print out fleet builder stuff, and don't even use the cards anymore unless I'm doing an official thing.

I had a real problem doing this - the FFG sleeves would catch in the ultra-pro binder pockets and rip/damage.

So I invested in a 100-pack of ultra pro mini sleeve sheets. I liked them so much I took my upgrades out of their individual sleeves.

SirWillibald has a couple papercraft (And now foamboard) options for storage of the sleeves, including dividers.

Man I wish I played enough to actually require sleeving my cards.