As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heaven 'n Hell, Plug 'n Play (Super NES Classic, etc.)

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Man I saw that Japan is getting Legend of the Mystical Ninja. I rented the shit out of that game growing up. I would have LOVED to have another opportunity to play it. I know I can either get a cart and system or whatever else. Still wish it was coming on the new mini SNES.

You can get Mystical Ninja on Virtual Console if you're jonseing to play it.

It's nice to know it is there, but I don't have any Nintendo systems currently.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I keep flip-flopping on whether or not I want the SNES Classic.

With the NES I have a decent collection of carts and an AVS to play them on, so the Classic NES didn't seem like a must buy, even though I did order one and ended up canceling it shortly afterward. (Which some days I regret, some days I don't...)

But the Classic SNES Mini has basically all the games I liked on the SNES, so I could easily sell my SNES and carts and get that instead. Decisions, decisions.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    The only specific game for me that is missing to make it absolutely perfect is Chrono Trigger.

Then again I still have my cart of it and the DS version, so I guess it's no huge loss.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Did anything actually materialize with the supposed GameStop... thing for a NES Classic?

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Did anything actually materialize with the supposed GameStop... thing for a NES Classic?

What GS thing?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    SNES Classic up for pre-order at Best Buy!!
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=snes+classic&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-entertainment-system-snes-classic-edition/5919830.p?skuId=5919830

The site was acting screwy for me, telling me out of stock, can't ship to that address, etc. But I kept refreshing and eventually it went through!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    went through for me, thanks for the heads up!

That's crazy, I was just watching this Japanese SNES Classic trailer thinking "gee I bet pre-orders will go up soon, that'd be funny if it was now".

also said trailer revealed that there will be an instant replay feature that will allow you to rewind deaths etc. also custom backgrounds (and by custom backgrounds I mean you can choose from a selection of pre-made backgrounds):

https://youtu.be/Nvg00aOwqxk

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Neat, got in a pre-order.

Kind of wish I had a NES Classic to complement it.

...fuck I shouldn't have canceled that NES Classic Pre-Order I got in at Best Buy.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Got mine! Thanks for the heads-up @Warlock82

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Distill = best chrome browser extension :Dhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/distill-web-monitor/inlikjemeeknofckkjolnjbpehgadgge?hl=en

I've had alerts setup on those pre-order pages since the thing was announced. My thing beeped before I saw anyone even posting on twitter.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Sweet. Got my preorder. Now I need to decide if I should get a 2nd one for my brother for the holidays...

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I almost pulled the trigger on it, but then I thought about all the boxes of game stuff I have in a storage closet a few states away, and all the stuff I haven't even bothered taking out of moving boxes here. I doubt I'd play it for more than 20 minutes.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    aaand they're gone.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Zython wrote: »
    Sweet. Got my preorder. Now I need to decide if I should get a 2nd one for my brother for the holidays...

YOU DONT THINK, YOU JUST DO! JUST DO IT AND THINK LATER OR YOU GET NOOOOOOOOOTHEEEEEEEEEEENG!!

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Got my preorder in also. Funny, nowinstock alerted me before I even saw this page. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Ugh this late night ninja shit is so stupid

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
      edited August 2017
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuhgHzuPYiI

They've been up and down all morning, but I finally made it to the check out screen and I can't get passed this stupid alert.

b19a0z7pyghd.png

KoopahTroopah on
    • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
      Fuck you Best Buy for doing this in the middle of the fucking night. SOME OF US HAVE JOBS DAMMIT.

Congrats to those who snagged one!

Steam | Twitch
      Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
    • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      And in case anyone was wondering, Amazon pre-orders came and went at like 4 a.m.

*fart noise*

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
      To be honest, my gut says more will go up later. Just a feeling, could be wrong.

I'm just happy to not have to keep my eyes open for the pre-orders to open up anymore.

It was fortuitous that I could not sleep last night. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      Yeah, apparently the embargo went up on previews today.

Immediately after pre-orders went up at Best Buy and Amazon.

Which would have been a nice bit of synergy if both places hadn't sold out in minutes.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
      17 years later, the more things change the more they stay the same.

rhd70rx8en03.jpg

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
      I'm going to live vicariously through all of you here who manages to get a SNES Classic. Just like I live vicariously through all of the PA folk who managed to find a NES Classic. It does bring tears to my eyes seeing that there are some of you all who managed to snag them.

I'm forbidden to buy a SNES Classic because my wife is so pissed off at Nintendo for botching the NES Classic which she really wanted and refuses to pay a cent to any scalper.

oosik_betsuni.png
    • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
      I happened to be up at 2 am with the baby and saw Wario64 tweet out the new Amazon listing (different from the existing one for which I had signed up for an email alert). Managed to nab one. I didn't get the NES classic, but I'm pretty stoked to get this one. Gonna introduce my daughter to games on it.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      It's almost as if they don't want me to get one at this point.

Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
      skeldare wrote: »
      It's almost as if they don't want me to get one at this point.

Give it time. First few waves will always sell out then the next few wa... PFFT HAHAHAH I couldn't even do it. We're all screwed.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
      Betsuni wrote: »

What GS thing?

See: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/38025113/#Comment_38025113

Betsuni wrote: »

What GS thing?

See: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/38025113/#Comment_38025113

Ohhhhh that one. Gotcha... I completely forgot about it.

oosik_betsuni.png
      cloudeagle wrote: »
      And in case anyone was wondering, Amazon pre-orders came and went at like 4 a.m.

*fart noise*

I didn't even get a nowinstock alert for this one. Not that it would have mattered since at that moment I was dreaming about naked yoga with Christina Ricci or whatever the fuck.

Steam | Twitch
      Whoa, get out of my fantasy Dookie.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
      Woah hi5 for the Ricci fans in here! We must be old.

edited August 2017
      I'm only 27, but I watched Casper and Addams Family a lot when I was little.

I mean, uh... Nintendo, right guys? :redface:

KoopahTroopah on
    • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
      edited August 2017

None of the sites linked have listings. GG, Nintendo.

Meanwhile, I called my local EB Games to see if they'd heard anything, but nope.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
      qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
      Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
      https://mobile.twitter.com/LBD_Nytetrayn/status/900011788187688960

None of the sites linked have listings. GG, Nintendo.

Meanwhile, I called my local EB Games to see if they'd heard anything, but nope.

Kotaku was insinuating that GameStop might go up today.
      Here’s a tip if you do want an SNES Classic: We just heard that GameStop told employees this morning to expect a “special announcement that will require immediate attention” later today. Keep an eye out.

I'm only 27, but I watched Casper and Addams Family a lot when I was little.

I mean, uh... Nintendo, right guys? :redface:

We never needed a "Witness Me!" button so badly.

She's the exact same age as me, so she's kind of been my crush since like, forever (and I'll probably still be crushing on her when we're both 80 years old). Good to know I'm in good company!

But yes, crossing my fingers for more pre-orders today. Best Buy's done, Amazon's probably done, that leaves what for the big players... Wal-Mart, Target, Gamestop? Any others?

Steam | Twitch
    • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
      Walmart and Target preorders for SNES are supposed to go live at 10 PT. So about forty minutes from now.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
      edited August 2017
      wunderbar wrote: »
      And that wasn't even the most absurd thing about the original n-gage.

Back in the day I was a tabletop-hipster that played Rifts RPG instead of D&D. I didn't even know what an N-gage was until I found out that the makers of Rifts had chosen the N-gage to release their first electronic title.

There was never a second as far as I know... go figure :rotate:

Khraul on
      Bnet - Khraul#1822
      Gamertag - Khraul
      PSN - Razide6
      Ceno wrote: »
      Walmart and Target preorders for SNES are supposed to go live at 10 PT. So about forty minutes from now.

I'm assuming these are the pages that'll show stock when they're available?

I'm not trusting NowInStock to alert me anymore. Looks like me and F5 will be good buddies over lunch today.

Steam | Twitch