As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Why was it drawn that way? To bear a closer resemblance to the Adam West cowl, which also had eyebrows?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Man, I do not know. I just know it was drawn that way during I think the 60s and 70s.

DouglasDanger on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    More DCUC

img3561mn7.jpg
    img3565ul9.jpg
    img3564xw3.jpg
    img3563aj3.jpg

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • supertallsupertall Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm not digging the blue eyebrows.

supertall on
    edited December 2007
    Hal is really buff for a guy who doesn't actually use his muscles to fight crime.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    gorillaz-cmyk-box.jpg

I would kill someone for these. I would literally end the life of another human being to own these chunks of plastic.

Good thing is they're $39.95 until Jan. 8, '08.

They also have two variants, sooo good.

Where can I buy these oh god?

Inquisitor on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    0011772.jpg
    Do you think Jim Rhodes is going to get into this?

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited December 2007
    Have they made a War Machine figure recently? The Initiative armor is pretty sweet.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    Those Robin and Nightwing figures are a little too buff, but otherwise they look great.

I wish I knew when the Mattel figures come out. They seem hard to track after time

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2007
    Everyone in DCUC seems to suffer from massive quadriceps syndrome. I'm really liking them so far though, I can get over the legs.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I wish they had more Metal Men Collectibles out there. They seem like a very toyetic property.

Dex Dynamo on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I will probably get everything in that DCU wave. I would be sure of it if Sinestro had his Sinestro Corps yellow costume. Maybe it's a variant.

Lux on
    edited December 2007
    Lux wrote: »
    I would be sure of it if Sinestro had his Sinestro Corps yellow costume. Maybe it's a variant.
    8927_a_full.jpg

:?:

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited December 2007
    Different line/sculpt/manufacturer, though I'm sure it's fine.

Lux on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    Everyone in DCUC seems to suffer from massive quadriceps syndrome. I'm really liking them so far though, I can get over the legs.

Ha, at least they're not the Ed Mcguinnes DC Direct toys.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Why was it drawn that way? To bear a closer resemblance to the Adam West cowl, which also had eyebrows?

It's just a classic representation of his cowl.

Just look at the way Neal Adams drew Batman.
    Hal is really buff for a guy who doesn't actually use his muscles to fight crime.

I know, they should have sculpted him super lanky like they draw him in the comics.
    Whatever happened to those Kirby New Gods?

Those are from DC Direct. They are due out in April.

These new figures look great though, some trumping their DC Direct counterparts.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited December 2007
    I'm not asking for him to be out of shape as some token nod to "real women's bodies" or whatever, but it'd be nice if there was an action figure line that bothered to differentiate between an acrobat's body, a martial artist's body, a powerhouse's body, and the body of an air force man rather than slapping the same six pack on everyone and calling it a day.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    that's why I love the Hush Nightwing figure (someone buy me it)

he's still defined but he's not fucking ripped. He's got an acrobat's body, compared to the Batman from the same line who's a buff powerhouse

Garlic Bread on
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Keith wrote: »

he's still defined but he's not fucking ripped. He's got an acrobat's body, compared to the Batman from the same line who's a buff powerhouse

I was going to mention this line. It is by far my favorite line of figures because the sculpts are actually different for all of the guys. Nightwing and the variant jason todd are the only figures I am missing from the Hush series. =(

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
    edited December 2007

I thought Hush Batman was big too (still love it) until I saw Batman from the Batman and Son Line.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited December 2007

I thought Hush Batman was big too (still love it) until I saw Batman from the Batman and Son Line.

The biggest problem with the Hush Batman would be the giant thighs of strength.

The thing with Batman from Batman and Son is that yes, he's buffed up, but is actually more proportionate with some of the newer figures coming out, dwarfing figures like the once perfect Superman from the JLA line.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    More great news from this weeks ToyFare.
    All info comes from "3dean" on DC Direct's boards. I haven't yet seen the issues myself.

Justice series 8 is previewed complete with pictures - Batgirl, Supergirl, Toyman and Captain Cold.

Justice League International is announced, and is currently scheduled for three waves. There are preliminary sketches of G'nort, Black Canary, Ice and Batman. Both Booster and Beetle are mentioned as a part of the future waves.

Superman/ Batman wave 6 is announced, and is based on Van Sciver's art. The wave will include, Supes, Bats, Hal and Despero.

And another picture from DC Classics 3...Solomon Grundy, the lines Collect and Connect figure.

solomongrundyvf9.jpg

And I though the Justice Grundy would never be beaten.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    How are we ever going to know what Solomon Grundy is saying?

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited December 2007
    How are we ever going to know what Solomon Grundy is saying?

Buy ToyFare this week.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    I was just kind of joking, though I probably will end up at least going to look through the new ToyFare. I looked for it today just in case at BAM while I was there.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited December 2007
    I was just kind of joking, though I probably will end up at least going to look through the new ToyFare. I looked for it today just in case at BAM while I was there.

I know. :wink:

Wont hit comic shops until tomorrow though, and later in the week for most bookstores (I think)

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    Justice League International is announced, and is currently scheduled for three waves. There are preliminary sketches of G'nort, Black Canary, Ice and Batman. Both Booster and Beetle are mentioned as a part of the future waves.

fuck yes

although I don't know if I'd want to display Black Canary in her JLI costume

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2007
    Some better pictures of DCUC3 I found at Fwoosh

nightwingandrobin.jpg
    halandsinestro.jpg

That just gives you a better idea on the size differences.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I really like that Robin and the Hal

the Sinestro is nice too but I like the Sinestro Corps version like 100x better

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BoxBox Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Holy shit E&L inspired figures

NECALeoFront.jpg

Feb. 2008

Can I get a link to where ever you found that?

Box on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

*snip*

I would totally buy the Nightwing and Robin figures. When do they come out?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited December 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »

*snip*

I would totally buy the Nightwing and Robin figures. When do they come out?

Series 1 has a tenative relase date of January 1st, which could very well just be a placeholder date. Should see a January release though. With five series planned for each year, we're looking at a summer date for Series 3.

Bad Karma on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Aw, that's pretty far off. Worth it, though; I've not seen a Nightwing or Robin figure I've liked so much, except maybe for the elusive Hush Nightwing.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited December 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Aw, that's pretty far off. Worth it, though; I've not seen a Nightwing or Robin figure I've liked so much, except maybe for the elusive Hush Nightwing.

Batman and Son Robin.

Don't look at pictures. Get it in hand out of the package and you'll like it.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    I looked at Batman and Son Robin in hand today and wasn't that impressed. But I didn't see it in hand until after seeing the pictures of DCUC Robin there.

They're going to run about the same price, a big difference in release date. I'm thinking DCUC Robin might be a little taller. But all that is just me. If I had to choose a Robin right now I might go with DCSH Robin. (seen here http://powet.tv/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/dcwave3.jpg Those abs are just a little too defined though)

And
    Box wrote: »
    Can I get a link to where ever you found that?

http://www.necaonline.com/article/detail/175

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited December 2007
    The problem with the DCSH Robin & Nightwing is that they aren't really well articulated. I just hope the DCU figures match with the DCSH collection I've already got going.

Lux on
    edited December 2007
    The problem with the DCSH Robin & Nightwing is that they aren't really well articulated. I just hope the DCU figures match with the DCSH collection I've already got going.

23 points of articulation is plenty. You may not get some of the rediculous poses going that you could get with some Marvel Legends, but you don't lose quality in the sculpt with ugly ball jointed hips and such.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

23 points of articulation is plenty. You may not get some of the rediculous poses going that you could get with some Marvel Legends, but you don't lose quality in the sculpt with ugly ball jointed hips and such.

I don't know about Robin, but the DCSH Nightwing can't even bend his elbows

Garlic Bread on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ugh, how do I always miss all the cool figures coming out?

5.jpg

So, pretty. So expensive and hard to find now too, though.

Inquisitor on
    edited December 2007
    Articulation is overrated for me. I typically use some pretty bland poses whenever something is displayed, so I don't care much for too much articulation. That and too much of it definitely hurts the sculpt some time, some figures end up look like painted Stikfas. (which isn't bad, but not always what I want)

Though I gave up the whole, "not opening" figures a long time ago, I've gotten to where I like to leave whatever Marvel Legends I do get in the box. Many of them are displayed well in their box, and there's so much articulation that sometimes figures can't even hold a pose because there's a loose joint somewhere.

And the Jin Roh Wolf Brigade soldier is pretty great looking. I'd love to see it in package or at least without professional lighting.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.