As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heaven 'n Hell, Plug 'n Play (Super NES Classic, etc.)

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    With the way they treated the NES Classic, this is I'm sure a hot target for scalpers. And probably part of the reason everything sold out instantly. Ah well, I think I'm done clamoring to give Nintendo money unless they want to make it easy for me to do so.

• CauldCauld Registered User regular
    I had mine in the cart at target, but it wouldn't let me check out. I think I still have my actual SNES somewhere at my mom's house.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Yeah the bots are automated and there's simply no way for the people who actually WANT one to get one through that. I think if you put one of them in your cart then it should reserve one for you, IMO.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Thing is for me, a lot of the games on that list I didn't actually play or finish back when the SNES is out. I'd love to play through all of Earthbound, and Secret of Mana, and Super Mario RPG, and Kirby Super Star. Because I never owned those back then.

But fuck me I guess, for wanting to play cool games on a Nintendo system.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Is there a still a chance Wal-Mart might go back up? Or did they actually sell out in like 30 seconds?

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I called a local GS in King of Prussia, they have a line apparently. Have to pre-order in store.

Aistan wrote: »
    Thing is for me, a lot of the games on that list I didn't actually play or finish back when the SNES is out. I'd love to play through all of Earthbound, and Secret of Mana, and Super Mario RPG, and Kirby Super Star. Because I never owned those back then.

But fuck me I guess, for wanting to play cool games on a Nintendo system.

Well there's ways of playing those games on a Nintendo system. :P I bet you could pick up a WiiU for cheaper than the scalpers are going to sell these things on Ebay.

Wait, when does Gamestop actually start taking pre-orders in store? Is it now or tonight?

Steam | Twitch
    I'm not giving Nintendo even more money because I can't get the SNES Classic at retail price. I'll just not play them instead, because i've gone this long without playing them and been fine.

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    I waited for target because I don't buy anything from Walmart. I got all the way to the final check out and then m cart + website got all fucked. I didn't get one :(

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    edited August 2017
    I'm not giving Nintendo even more money because I can't get the SNES Classic at retail price. I'll just not play them instead, because i've gone this long without playing them and been fine.

Buy it used then.

e: I'm being a jerk, but you're moving the goalposts. :P

urahonky on

Fuck.

Alright, I'm heading out for a bit. Wish me luck.

Steam | Twitch
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »

Fuck.

Might want to call before you get there in case there is already a line.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    urahonky wrote: »

Buy it used then.

Still have to buy the games themselves, from Nintendo garbage online store. And that's more directly giving them money than any of these other ways, either used or through a retailer that has already purchased them from Nintendo.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

@KoopahTroopah THANK YOU! Just went in and got mine taken care of!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter

Buy it used then.

Still have to buy the games themselves, from Nintendo garbage online store. And that's more directly giving them money than any of these other ways, either used or through a retailer that has already purchased them from Nintendo.

Haha alright you're right. The $8 to buy a good SNES game you've never played (Seriously, you NEED to play Super Mario RPG... it's so damn good) is obviously too much money to give to the evil Nintendo to play an incredible game for the first time. :)

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Man, even in the marketing video a couple pages back, the Star Fox games looked pretty damn low FPS. Is that why Star Fox was so hard back in the day?

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    The gamestop had 6 total. 2 preordered already. But its 40 minutes away. Hopefully the girlfriend can get there in time.

Jubal77 wrote: »
    The gamestop had 6 total. 2 preordered already. But its 40 minutes away. Hopefully the girlfriend can get there in time.

Oh fuck that.

forty wrote: »
    Man, even in the marketing video a couple pages back, the Star Fox games looked pretty damn low FPS. Is that why Star Fox was so hard back in the day?

I don't know that it made it harder, but yeah, Star Fox ran at about 14 FPS. Even those shitty, texture-less polys strained the shit out of the SNES

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Oh fuck that.

Well for her its like 5 minutes away heh.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Sweet. Got my preorder. Now I need to decide if I should get a 2nd one for my brother for the holidays...

YOU DONT THINK, YOU JUST DO! JUST DO IT AND THINK LATER OR YOU GET NOOOOOOOOOTHEEEEEEEEEEENG!!

Eh. If I don't get one for him, I'll just find something else to get him. No big deal.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    yeah I immediately called the closest gamestop to me and asked if i could preorder, at that point they told me they had 1. I rushed over there, got there 10 mins from when that tweet went out. It was gone by the time I got there and there was a sad procession of gamers going in and coming back out

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Left work to sit in line at local GS. The rep here said he got an email a long time ago that they may get up to 6. I'm 8th in line. Figured I might as well wait just to see if I can nab one cause it's the best option.

Betsuni wrote: »
    Big Dookie wrote: »

Fuck.

Might want to call before you get there in case there is already a line.

Yeah, I only had a chance at one close by. I called two others further away en route and both said they were already sold out. Got to the one and they were already sold out as well. Guess that's that.

Steam | Twitch
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    forty wrote: »

I don't know that it made it harder, but yeah, Star Fox ran at about 14 FPS. Even those shitty, texture-less polys strained the shit out of the SNES
    God damn. As a dumb kid I probably never really noticed/realized how bad playing a game at 14 FPS was, but it's really noticeable now. I've seen Stunt Race FX be choppy on an emulator and assumed it was bad SuperFX emulation, but that was probably just me not remembering just how poorly those games ran even on the original hardware.

13 people in line. Rep rebooted his system, and they got 4 for pre-order. Gross.

Ugh, back on the hunt.

• dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I'm in the same boat as a lot of people in that I want one, but I'm not sure how willing I am to go nuts for one. If Nintendo isn't going to meet the demand, I'll just not worry about it. I have old hardware and an ever drive, so outside of SF2, I'm not missing out on much. Might give the local GS a call though

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
    dav3yb wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as a lot of people in that I want one, but I'm not sure how willing I am to go nuts for one. If Nintendo isn't going to meet the demand, I'll just not worry about it. I have old hardware and an ever drive, so outside of SF2, I'm not missing out on much. Might give the local GS a call though

Chances are at this point that all of the preorders at your local GS are either taken, or there are people in line to take them. While I was in line, people kept coming in and going out asking for one as well as the rep's phone was going off like crazy.

yeah guess i'll just bust out my snes since I own most of the games I actually cared about still, earthbound, super mario rpg, legend of mana. Woulda been nice to have some other shit though like ff3

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Man, Nintendo really is a very poorly run company

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    This is a shitty situation, but keep in mind this is an item that sold out in less than a minute on two major retail sites.

Demand must be staggeringly ludicrous.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Lady Jubs got the last pre order they took at my local gamestop. Here is hoping they get the amount they were told they would get!

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Man, I had hope this one was going to be better. The only way I got an NES classic last year was dumb luck (grocery shopping while a stocker was wheeling a cart with an NES classic in it out).

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
      cloudeagle wrote: »
      This is a shitty situation, but keep in mind this is an item that sold out in less than a minute on two major retail sites.

Or they too only got six.

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      edited August 2017

from Nintendeals twitter
      yfhw6825cw3j.jpg

TimFiji on
      Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
        TimFiji wrote: »

from Nintendeals twitter
        yfhw6825cw3j.jpg

NINTENDO!!!!!!!