As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Won’t Someone Think Of The Laws

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Won’t Someone Think Of The Laws

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    TrygylTrygyl Registered User regular
    Uh, little help here... Not really sure I get the punchline (as I haven't played LB), are the characters bland and/or edgy, or is it simply that there's not much variety in the kinds of characters you can choose from?

• Options
    thepuregamerthepuregamer Registered User regular
    Trygyl wrote: »
    Uh, little help here... Not really sure I get the punchline (as I haven't played LB), are the characters bland and/or edgy, or is it simply that there's not much variety in the kinds of characters you can choose from?

Not 100% sure but I think they are referencing that the game is similar to some early arena fps games. I was tending to think that it was similar to quake but that game didn't come out in 1992. Is it a Wolfenstein 3D reference... not sure.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    http://lawbreakers.nexon.net/en/game/roles

I'd say a lot of the characters wouldn't look out of place in some kind of edgy cyberpunk game/story from the early nineties. You've got guys like:

- Spunky streetwise teenager with robot legs
    - Wacky robot with light up LCD face
    - Cyborg guy with metal jaw
    - Huge guy with gimp mask
    - Deadpool wannabe
    - Angry Russian woman

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Sounds like the Burger King Kids Club.

• Options
    RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular
    Is anybody else really having a good time with Agents of Mayhem? I feel like I'm insane for actually enjoying it. Sure it has issues, every lair is basically the same, but the combat is really fun and there's so many different characters, each with their own playstyle. I've been playing for over 30 hours and I could easily see myself doubling it. Hell, I've barely touched the campaign!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    @RenegadePhantom Uh, that's nice, but I'm not really sure why you brought it up? The comic, newspost, and thread are all talking about Lawbreakers, which is made by Boss Key Productions (who include Cliff Bleszinski, of Unreal & Gears of War fame).

So far I've mostly seen positive buzz for Agents of Mayhem.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be honest, the descriptions on Lawbreakers, and this comic, are sort of compelling. I watched some gameplay though and am suspicious I might have 15 minutes of nostalgia fun then be done.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Be careful the playerbase is smaller than freaking battleborn.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I need to grab a copy of it sometime, really enjoyed the time I had with the beta. Old-school shooters are totally my jam, though.

I really appreciated that you could actually tell what team players were on by actually looking at them and not needing a additional HUD element. And that the classes have a unique character on each side instead of being different-colored clones.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I dunno when I think of characters from 1992 I think of big bulky roidheads and lots of sillier looking stuff. Lots of devil skull imagery very cybergothic less shiny.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.