As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Party Line 2017!

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    ElmoFuntz wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls Online and Elder Scrolls Legends Community Meet Up

When: Sunday Sept. 3. 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
    Where: Pike Brewing Company 1415 1st Avenue
    Details: Folks must be 17+ to attend, but no PAX badge required.
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26165?Save-the-Date:-ESO-and-TES:-Legends-Meet-Up-@-PAX-West
    RSVP link: http://woobox.com/q859dk

RSVP is required and they are now full.

Anyone know how confirmations were sent out, like through whom? I swear I signed up but don't see it under eventbrite?

I think they said confirmations go out by the 28th.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    ElmoFuntz wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls Online and Elder Scrolls Legends Community Meet Up

When: Sunday Sept. 3. 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
    Where: Pike Brewing Company 1415 1st Avenue
    Details: Folks must be 17+ to attend, but no PAX badge required.
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26165?Save-the-Date:-ESO-and-TES:-Legends-Meet-Up-@-PAX-West
    RSVP link: http://woobox.com/q859dk

RSVP is required and they are now full.

Anyone know how confirmations were sent out, like through whom? I swear I signed up but don't see it under eventbrite?

I think they said confirmations go out by the 28th.
    I got the email after purchasing the ticket via evebtbrite.

• Sushi HeroSushi Hero Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I'm really sad that the bioshock party is already sold out before I even saw the post. I got super excited for a second there :[

In other news, grats to all who were able to register in time!

Sushi Hero on
  • Nexis NightmareNexis Nightmare Minneapolis MNRegistered User regular
    Sushi Hero wrote: »
    I'm really sad that the bioshock party is already sold out before I even saw the post. I got super excited for a second there :[

It's a first come first serve party. It doesn't matter if you get a ticket. These parties are really hard to get into because you have to line up hours before the event starts.

• divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular

It's a first come first serve party. It doesn't matter if you get a ticket. These parties are really hard to get into because you have to line up hours before the event starts.

Furiously making splicer masks so we can get in the expedited line

edited August 2017

then whats the point of the ticketing system?!

Rhea_starstorm on

then whats the point of the ticketing system?

They're expecting some to not show or show late. So like airplanes, they're issuing a max number of tickets but more tickets than seats.

then whats the point of the ticketing system?

They're expecting some to not show or show late. So like airplanes, they're issuing a max number of tickets but more tickets than seats.

That makes sense. I'm just a little peeved since I rushed to get a ticket.

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular

I will say SOME parties seem to be taking to a more hard and fast rule in regards to ticketing like the Elder Scrolls and Trion Meetups.

It obviously depends but I know at previous parties I've seen one line for ticketed folks and another for non-ticketed, while others just mash it all together.

• PavioPavio Registered User regular

I will say SOME parties seem to be taking to a more hard and fast rule in regards to ticketing like the Elder Scrolls and Trion Meetups.

It obviously depends but I know at previous parties I've seen one line for ticketed folks and another for non-ticketed, while others just mash it all together.

I've never had a problem getting into parties I've had a ticket for. While some might work that way, does anyone know about previous 2K or IGN parties?

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    Pavio wrote: »

I've never had a problem getting into parties I've had a ticket for. While some might work that way, does anyone know about previous 2K or IGN parties?

I went to the 2K/IGN party at East last year. Waited in line for about 15 minutes and got in. I got there halfway through the allotted time. Stayed for an hour and a half.

sedirox wrote: »

I went to the 2K/IGN party at East last year. Waited in line for about 15 minutes and got in. I got there halfway through the allotted time. Stayed for an hour and a half.

Did you have a ticket?

Did you have a ticket?

I don't think so

• Slipstream.ccSlipstream.cc Mill Creek, WARegistered User regular
    Washington Bar Citizen (Star Citizen Meetup)
    When: Sat, starting at 5 p.m.
    Where: Capitol Lounge, Capitol Hill, Seattle
    Details: Excited about Star Citizen and want to celebrate the impending release of Alpha 3.0? Washington Bar Citizen and the Emerald Citizens organization, in partnership with PNW Bar Citizen, proudly welcomes you to our special PAX West Edition of Bar Citizen. Rewatch the 2017 Gamescom presentation! Meet and greet fellow citizens from around the globe. Got an org and want to recruit new members and affiliates? We've got a table for flyers and business cards. Plus fine drinking and eating!

RSVP and find out more here!

I play Indoors | PAX's Attended: 07 08 09 10 12 13
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    The Bioshock party has opened up more spots.

IhtGIyi.png
  • bubblegirl22bubblegirl22 portlandRegistered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    The Bioshock party has opened up more spots.

Thank you for letting us know

• BradrcrBradrcr Beer Jedi Seattle, WaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Deleted

Bradrcr on
    Official Host of the Elysian PPPP (Pax Prime Prefunk Party) :D
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/elysian-pppp-pax-prime-prefunk-party-tickets-17987440920
  • BradrcrBradrcr Beer Jedi Seattle, WaRegistered User regular
    Mods- move if needed, but the party line looked like the best place to post this:

This year at Pax we'll be putting on the Convention's first beer garden ever! Please let your friends know that it is a block north of the convention center main entrance at 8th & Pine, in the lot where the tank demo ran last year (Lot 73 in Guidebook, next to Monster).
    The beer garden will have 6 beers, cider and non alcoholic drinks. Almost every drop of beer has been donated, and the managers of these breweries are regular Pax attendees looking to support a great cause. For those of you who don't want to pause your gaming, big thanks go to Virtual Sports and Gaems who will have VR, PC and console gaming stations inside the beer garden, including a VR shooting tournament for prizes.
    Child's Play is a charity run by Penny Arcade that donates to Children's Hospitals and gives gaming options to children that are facing the biggest challenge of their lives and often are hospitalized for months on end. Each beer purchased will donate $1 to their efforts, and once the costs of running the beer garden have been covered, this can climb to nearly $5 per beer. With that in mind, help us make this a success, don't overdrink, and we might bring this to Pax South and East in the future.

September 1st-3rd: 11am-6pm
    21 and over only please

https://www.facebook.com/events/900619663425573??ti=ia

Official Host of the Elysian PPPP (Pax Prime Prefunk Party) :D
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/elysian-pppp-pax-prime-prefunk-party-tickets-17987440920
  • Sushi HeroSushi Hero Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Huh... I totally missed that and I could have sworn somewhere on the page it mentioned something about only people registered could attend. But apparently I'm crazy lol! Over the years there have been a couple parties where I stood in line for a couple hours before being told I couldn't get in because I hadn't rsvp'd or registered etc. Either way, I got in on registering after they opened up spots again just in case :]

• PavioPavio Registered User regular

Huh... I totally missed that and I could have sworn somewhere on the page it mentioned something about only people registered could attend. But apparently I'm crazy lol! Over the years there have been a couple parties where I stood in line for a couple hours before being told I couldn't get in because I hadn't rsvp'd or registered etc. Either way, I got in on registering after they opened up spots again just in case :]

From what I understand, it's more that #1, you need a ticket/RSVP, and then if you meet that criteria, you can hope to get in by waiting in line.

However, while some have said that, I have yet to experience a PAX party where I got a ticket/RSVP and didn't get in.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
    Nindies at Night

When: Thursday August 31 at 8:30 p.m. - 12 a.m.
    Where: Museum of Pop Culture (formerly the EMP) 325 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109
    Details: Open to the public, no PAX tickets or RSVP required. Chance to demo a bunch of games for the Switch and talk with devs. More info here - http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170824005554/en/Nintendo-Brings-Super-Mario-Odyssey-Anticipated-Games

• solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    Nindies at Night

Where: Museum of Pop Culture (formerly the EMP) 325 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109
    Details: Open to the public, no PAX tickets or RSVP required. Chance to demo a bunch of games for the Switch and talk with devs. More info here - http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170824005554/en/Nintendo-Brings-Super-Mario-Odyssey-Anticipated-Games

Can someone fill me in on this event? Open to all ages I assume? Do they have drinks/food? Alcohol?

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • MaskedManMaskedMan Registered User regular
    solomon123 wrote: »
    Nindies at Night

Can someone fill me in on this event? Open to all ages I assume? Do they have drinks/food? Alcohol?

Yeah. Open to all ages. They've had snacks and drinks there, and I think they've had alcohol to purchase. Went there the past two years.

55ig5iyzsac4.png
  • krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Life is Strange Before the Storm Launch Party:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1589589524398525
    HEY FRIENDS! Are you going to PAX West? Are you a fan of Life is Strange? Do you like carnival-themed bars? Are you a breathing human?

You’re invited to relax at PAX West 2017 with us and the incredible developers from Deck Nine Games, to celebrate the launch of the first episode of LIFE IS STRANGE: BEFORE THE STORM.

Join us on Friday, September 1st from 6-9pm at Unicorn! Alexa, Andrea, Britt and Steimer (it's so weird talking about ourselves in third person) will be there and will gladly talk about husbandos, whiskey and what it's like to be SO DANG SALTY...STEIMER.

DETAILS:
    • Event admission is free and is first-come, first-served
    • Guests must be 21 or older
    • The first 100 guests will receive two drink tickets on us!
    • Chance to win games, Square Enix prizes, ASTRO Gaming gear, and cool What's Good Games swag

Guess I was mostly right. No Grimecraft or at Hard Rock. But close enough.

krae_man on
  • DrnkOnShdwsDrnkOnShdws Registered User new member
    edited August 2017
    Hey everyone! My friend and I are hosting a party with our Streamer communities. Open to Streamers, devs, other industry professionals. Come stop by Flatstick pub Sunday night to de-stress from the event. Mini golf, tacos, and adult beverages! For more info and to sign up you can use this link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pondunderdogs-pax-west-meetup-tickets-36739218993

DrnkOnShdws on
  • DawgfatherJrDawgfatherJr Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    We're giving away roughly $10,000 in board gaming prizes at the swankiest PAX after-party in the city! This event is also listed on the various @PAXParties threads. Clicking Rex (below) will enlighten you with more information, and an incomplete, ever-growing list of our prizes follows:

sv3wimgcepjz.jpg

Here's the list!

Art's Ideas / Jenga Giant (Platinum Sponsor)
    Jenga Giant JS7 (x6)
    Jenga Premium Hardwood Game (x8)
    Jenga Ocean Game (x12)
    Jenga Throw 'N Go Hardwood Game (x12)

Calliope Games (Platinum Sponsor)
    Double Double Dominoes (x2)
    Hive Mind (x2)
    Menu Masters (x2)
    Roll For It! (Deluxe Edition) (x2)
    Roll For It! (Purple Edition) (x2)
    Roll For It! (Red Edition) (x2)
    Running With the Bulls (x2)
    Thieves! (x2)
    Tsuro (x2)
    Tsuro of the Seas + Veterans of the Seas (x2)
    Ugh! (x2)
    Wordoku (x2)

Cheapass Games (Gold Sponsor)
    Before I Kill You, Mister Spy
    Brawl (Bennett, Chris Darwin, Hale, Morgan, Pearl)
    Deadfall
    Get Lucky (x10)
    Give Me the Brain
    Kill Doctor Lucky (Anniversary Edition)
    Lord of the Fries
    Stuff and Nonsense
    Tak (x2)
    Unexploded Cow (x2)

Czech Games Edition (Platinum Sponsor)
    Adrenaline (x15)
    Codenames - Pictures (x12)
    Dungeon Lords (x2)
    Dungeon Petz (x2)
    Shipyard (x3)
    Tash-Kalar (x3)
    Through the Ages - A New Story of Civilization (x15)
    Tzolk'in - The Mayan Calendar (x2)

Daily Magic Games (Gold Sponsor)
    Go Nuts For Donuts (x2)
    Quests of Valeria (x2)
    Sunrise City (x2)
    Valeria: Card Kingdoms (x6)
    Villages of Valeria (x2, Deluxe Kickstarter Edition)

Fizzy Fairy Apothecary
    Nerdy Gift Basket including d20 Bath Bombs and other wonderfully fragrant and aromatic stuff!

Lone Shark Games (Gold Sponsor)
    Apocrypha Adventure Card Game: World Base Set (x4)
    Maze of Games and Theseus Guide (x4)

R&R Games (Gold Sponsor)
    Caffeine Rush (x12)
    Face Chase (x6)
    Flipping Flags (x12)
    Get a Life (x12)
    Slideways (x6)
    Unnatural Selection (x12)

Slugfest Games
    Battle for Greyport (x2)
    The Red Dragon Inn 1 (x2)
    The Red Dragon Inn 4 (x2)
    The Red Dragon Inn 5: The Character Trove

Top Shelf Fun
    Red Meepillow
    Orange Meepillow
    Green Meepillow
    Blue Meepillow
    Purple Meepillow

USAOpoly (Gold Sponsor)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – Gear Up and Rock Out! An Awesome Mix Card Game (x30)
    HARRY POTTER HOGWARTS BATTLE A Cooperative Deck-Building Game
    Nefarious: The Mad Scientist Game! and Nefarious Becoming a Monster Expansion
    MUNCHKIN: Marvel Edition
    MUNCHKIN: X-Men Edition
    Star Trek Panic
    Super Mario Level Up! Board Game
    Telestrations 8 Player: The Original

Zagar Games
    BetaBotz (x2)

DawgfatherJr on
    Middle-earth: Shadow of War Community Meetup

When: Sep 1 Friday, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
    Where: Coterie Worklounge 1414 4th Avenue Seattle, WA 98101
    Details: 18+ Come grab some free food, drinks, and hands-on time with the game -- all with your fellow Shadow of War fans. The first 100 guests will receive a limited edition gift!
    RSVP Needed: Yes, go here -> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-community-meetup-tickets-37289380541

And right after, at 1030 is the Extra Credits party at Raygun.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ExtraCreditz/status/902304798963376128

• LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2017

Not sure if this fits, but I feel it does.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • MOMENTUM29MOMENTUM29 Registered User new member
    21200733_10155631040914798_8789895619940603227_o.jpg?oh=70d7df5a4cc89fde37166aae88a4dc4d&oe=5A1E6C50

Updates for the Lenovo Legion Lounge:

Kill the Noise will perform a DJ set at the Lenovo Legion Lounge. We'll also have 3v3 tournaments, tabletop games, food, and more. Plus, hang with our hosts BloodyFaster, Amie Lynn, Vensy, and Meagan Cosplay. Most importantly, we're giving away a new Legion Y720 gaming notebook, Y900 desktop, and Y27f curved monitor!

RSVP at https://goo.gl/61xTZm

• RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Legacy wrote: »

This feels like a weird trick to try and get me to buy a chalupa but I am intrigued and have very little common sense*.

*see also: the time I got in an unmarked van to play a game I'd never heard of with people I didn't know

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • oldskoolboarderoldskoolboarder Registered User regular
    RiDE wrote: »

This feels like a weird trick to try and get me to buy a chalupa but I am intrigued and have very little common sense*.

*see also: the time I got in an unmarked van to play a game I'd never heard of with people I didn't know

Slots still available, just called. Unfortunately, can't go. It's 18+ and over only, sadly, can't take my 12 YO. :(

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    RiDE wrote: »

Looking on the map, it looks like that space is a Christian Science Reading Room. Or a dead-end alley.

• atmtnatmtn Seattle - Capitol HillRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    We are throwing a retrowave/synthpop dance party on Saturday at the W Hotel downtown (Trace Lounge). Lots of stuff happening that night, but it's free, all-ages and we are hosting an informal cosplay contest with the grand prize being a Galaxy Style Nintendo 3DS XL (other prizes include a copy of Hyrule Historia and some Funko Pops autographed by the concept artist who created them). Come out if you find yourself looking for a smaller event or just want to drink and dance (or just dance, if you're not 21)!

Forever Young presents Sleepless
    8pm – 2am
    W Hotel Downtown (Trace Lounge)
    Tickets: Free & All Ages
    Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1942642869328131

442ct17gqg55.jpg

atmtn on
  • boviusbovius Registered User regular
    New attendee question: In previous years, have there been get togethers happening after the show on Monday? Or has everyone gone to bed to sleep for 16 hours?

bovius wrote: »
    New attendee question: In previous years, have there been get togethers happening after the show on Monday? Or has everyone gone to bed to sleep for 16 hours?

Not really. Most people are exhausted and out-of-towners have to start the journey home.

• LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    bovius wrote: »

Not really. Most people are exhausted and out-of-towners have to start the journey home.

Not fully true. For the last 3 years I've hosted the Rock Band After PAX Party on Mon night up at the Unicorn on Capitol Hill. Unfortunately, the band broke up a little bit ago so we didn't put a show on this year. And it looks like there's nothing else going on yet either. Hopefully we can get a reunion tour going in the future and bring it back, as it was a fun night (albeit a little crazy for me) full of ridiculous performances.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • neo_blade01neo_blade01 Registered User regular
    dn7v1nmh7fa5.png

Please come to Hard Rock Seattle next Sunday (9/3) to hang out with Tim and the gang once again, at our annual PAX Fan Meetup!

This year will mostly be about Double Fine Presents, as we show off the latest demos of Ooblets, Knights and Bikes, and of course Gang Beasts.

We'll have live music from the majestic returning legend Doseone, playing grooves from Gang Beasts, Enter the Gungeon, Nidhogg 2, and beyond.

You don't need a PAX badge to show up, it's free to get in!

https://allevents.in/seattle/double-fine-pax-fan-meetup-2017/1933535363570142#

• GameJamTheMovieGameJamTheMovie Registered User new member
    Game Jam the Movie Premiere Party
    What: World Premiere of Game Jam The Movie-An hour long documentary featuring independent gamedevs battling it out in a 48 hr Game Jam.
    When: Saturday, Sept 2 from 9:30pm to 10:30pm
    Where: CAT Theater
    Details: Free and open to everyone w/ PAX badge
    Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/485434948485122/
    Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUNXhcxYMko&t=2s