As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    You, my friend, are a dinner machine.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Bomp bomp game tonight!

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Cool, I'm good to go!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    yaaaaaaaaay

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm fitting in a dinner at a mexican restaurant plus ice cream before the game

if I'm running late I'll let y'all know

Miss me? Find me on:

edited August 2017
    okay I'm convinced someone at wizards has some sort of weird grudge against crossbows and non-bow weapons because the only ammunition that gets anything except +X enchantments are arrows

I assume we're just gonna reskin things to work with bolts because that's real stupid

edit: okay they say it's okay in the details but I'm not finding anything but Arrows of Slaying, guess I gotta look some more

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited August 2017
    Yeah, someone has beef with magic crossbows. Why? Nobody knows!

E: Most likely because crossbows are a peasant weapon that can be used to punch through plate and kill knights amd heralded a significant change in warfare making open heroics more challenging, and is therefore seen as inappropriate to the fantasy milieu D&D aims for.

Rainfall on
    yeah

but

artificers get a literal magical GUN so that whole reticence is extra real dumb

Miss me? Find me on:

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I foolishly got my various siblings and friends hooked on the adventure zone podcast, and then they all wanted to play D&D.
    So I guess I'm DMing a game now, oh boy, I haven't done this in a long time...

Ran the first session last night, mostly just trying to keep things simple for both my sake and theirs, but it went pretty good I think, I've only played a little bit of 5th edition and I'm ad-libbing in some areas, but it went pretty smoothly.

Edit - And I just realised this isn't the general D&D thread, sorry folks!

Halos Nach Tariff on
    5e seems to be all about simplicity so I think you made a good choice thar

Miss me? Find me on:

I've got to get caught up on The Adventure Zone, now that the first campaign is over. I took a break when I got to the Eleventh Hour arc, because I could feel the unrelated stirrings of the kind of depressive episode where whatever media I consumed to get me through it would be tainted by it forever. And then I never got around to starting back up. As soon as I'm done catching up with C Team episodes though, that will be my next D&D podcast to finish off!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i am both proud and upset that elidana is becoming the voice of reason.

I will Eric the shit out of this game.

I gotta say, I'm absolutely delighted by our party dynamics.

auraj is already the voice of reason

sooner or later y'all will release that she knows what's up

Miss me? Find me on:

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Angus is as calm and steady as the sea*

Photo reference of the sea below
    2mxar5kzrzwv.jpg

iguanacus on
    edited August 2017
    I may have asked this as a general question in the 5E thread so let me make it slightly more specific:

ARE YOU READY!
    TO KILL!
    A WHITE DRAGON!

Rainfall on
    NO MY HITPOINTS ARE LOW

BUT PROBABLY YES ANYWAY

I can't kill white supremacy

but I sure as hell can kill a white dragon

Miss me? Find me on:

Yea, I guess.

If i kill it though, i'm going to wear it.

iggy whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Miss me? Find me on:

who would have expected to be betrayed by the cleric.

Damn, my fault entirely. I just completely spaced on the time while I was playing Civ6. I feel like a complete jackass

damn, I wished I guessed Civ

I was going with power outtage

Miss me? Find me on:

I feel like a big old jerk. I wasted all of your's time tonight. That was a jerky thing to do and I'm really sorry about it. Alarms have been set and this won't happen again.

My deepest apologies

je6ns7xeuvt8.jpg

i hope it was worth not killing a dragon

Do you see Teddy up there? Does he look like a guy who won the Space Race?

Teddy Roosevelt in Space sounds like... the saddest thing, actually. He'd get up to the Moon all ready to wrassle somebody or shoot at some local critters, find out it was a lifeless rock, and be just the gloomiest spaceman there ever was.

"Hey Teddy, c'mon, Let me introduce you to the boys and girls at SETI. Maybe they can cheer you up."

Miss me? Find me on:

Teddy Roosevelt watching Contact and getting upset that Jodi Foster didn't wrestle the alien dad

Miss me? Find me on:

Okay, if we've all got Civ 6 out of our systems, tonight is go!

THE TIME IS NOW

TO MEET OUR DOOM

MY FLESH PREPARED

TO BE CONSUMED

BY WINTER'S FANG

BY HOARFROST BREATH

VALHALLA WAITS

I FEAR NOT DEATH

CHEW THOROUGHLY

CHOKE ON MY HUSK

YOU BITE THE BOAR

YOU GET THE TUUUUUUUUUUUSK

(orc metal drum solo intensifies)

and Auraj (that's right)!

Miss me? Find me on:

Oh my god.

Re-reading that I now realize I hit the correct meter for the "I lik the bred" meme. That was not intended, but it fits. Just imagine shitty spelling as though by a Rhyming Cow or Int 8 Half-Orc and it's all good.

edited August 2017
    the time is now
    to mete our doom
    my flesh prepaired
    to be cunsumed
    by winters fang
    by horfrost breth
    vallhalla waits
    i feer not deth
    chok on my husk
    i feel no dred
    you bit the boar

i lik the bred

Rainfall on
    I'm not letting this go, a pirate baby white dragon can't be a commandant, he must be a commodore.

What if he trains the cadets at the baby pirate dragon academy.

CHECKMATE.

Look, commandant is a title. As established with Gen. Sparks we are dealing with ranks only.

auraj should be called an ambassador and given diplomatic immunity

Miss me? Find me on:

Before the Darkness Episode 3: Revenge of the Outer Realm

Auraj is appointed a senator and unwittingly ushers in a new age of fantasy facism

Miss me? Find me on: