As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Magicite Dungeons Live! But this thread is dead.

19495969798100Β»

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Is Bismarck the only Magicite boss that has a turn counter for how long you have before he starts going haywire?

Doing it first sort of conditioned me to really go fast, but the rest of the AI seem to suggest he's unique in that regard.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: Β»
    Is Bismarck the only Magicite boss that has a turn counter for how long you have before he starts going haywire?

Doing it first sort of conditioned me to really go fast, but the rest of the AI seem to suggest he's unique in that regard.

No? They all do.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well I have nothing to show for all day playing this game thanks magicite.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

I've been periodically going and burning down to 60 stamina doing something else. I'd recommend that to not go insane.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6vsf93/magicite_magicite_dungeons_enemy_stats_and_ai/

They all start going nuts eventually, at either turns or HP. All of them are 6/81%, 16/41%, 37, except for Liquid Flame which doesn't have the turn thing, just the % health, and Fenrir which is 10/25/50 instead of 6/16/37.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: Β»

I've been periodically going and burning down to 60 stamina doing something else. I'd recommend that to not go insane.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6vsf93/magicite_magicite_dungeons_enemy_stats_and_ai/

They all start going nuts eventually, at either turns or HP. All of them are 6/81%, 16/41%, 37, except for Liquid Flame which doesn't have the turn thing, just the % health, and Fenrir which is 10/25/50 instead of 6/16/37.

Liquid Flame has a nastier version of one of its abilities unlock on it's 40th ATB, probably because it was the easiest way to do it with his form switching. It's weighed MUCH higher than anything else, so he'll probably spam it once he unlocks it.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I tried doing the two healer thing, and it works fine for surviving, but I simply don't do enough damage against the beefy DEF/RES of these bosses. By the 60s mark I barely got Sealion down to 33%, because Locke's OSB was only doing 48k with OK BSB and Shout powering it up. I basically have to either put Balthier in here to add some damage and imperil, or switch out Locke for Noctis and hope that the increased speed can do the job.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Magicite Golem Mastered! Killed him JUST under a minute, so woot to that as well!

Initially went in with this crew:
    Cloud Lifesiphon/Hailstrom (USB/BSB2) +DMG
    Minfilia Lifesiphon/Entrust (SSB) Ace Striker
    Onion Knight Wrath/Entrust (BSB) Mako Might
    Rosa Wrath/Protectga (SSB, BSB) Lionheart
    Y'shtola Dispel/Shellga (BSB) DMT
    RW: Wall

But it was WAAAY too defensive, and Golem wasn't throwing out THAT much damage. Rosa was Wrathing or buffing MBlink for lack of something to do, and Y'shtola was Tetragrammaton to build SB meter.

Even with double buffs and two people feeding him meter, Cloud wasn't doing substantial damage. Back to the drawing board.

Retooled to this YOLO team:
    Cloud Lifesiphon/Draw Fire(USB/BSB2) +DMG
    Minfilia Wrath/Entrust (SSB) Ace Striker
    Onion Knight Wrath/Entrust (BSB) Mako Might
    Zack Lifesiphon/Powerchain (BSB) Battleforged
    Y'shtola Dispel/Shellga (BSB) DMT
    RW: Wall

So Protectga got replaced with "everyone in the back row" (which everyone was anyway, but I leaned on it harder). Cloud got Draw Fire for the extra DEF at the start before Y'shtola had healing up and running. He managed to take three Punches in a row, like a champ. Catgirl also proved why she's best girl, single healing despite a few tight situations (and Stun spam was awful!). Legend Diving her looks increasingly more like it was the right move.

Zack did hardly any damage himself, but he got 2 stacks of Imperil up fairly quickly, and a third shortly after that. With USB, EnWind, +40% Wind from items, triple ATK buffs (Minfilia, OK, and Burst Mode), and Imperil, Cloud was hitting for 100k on repeat USB entries, and 80k when he refreshed his BSB2 for EnWind. I can only imagine how much more it would be with the Wind Chain active.

Thanks to @enlong for the Minfilia/Onion Knight buffing entruster buddies strat. The Guts actually saved me twice, so it was literally a lifesaver over bringing Ramza for redundancy.

Now that I have a handful of Magicite, I will start the long MegaMan boss crawl around the wheel o' bosses. I think I can take Hydra, Bismarck, and Sea Lion. Not sure what I'll do for Living Flame or Fenrir.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: Β»
    I tried doing the two healer thing, and it works fine for surviving, but I simply don't do enough damage against the beefy DEF/RES of these bosses. By the 60s mark I barely got Sealion down to 33%, because Locke's OSB was only doing 48k with OK BSB and Shout powering it up. I basically have to either put Balthier in here to add some damage and imperil, or switch out Locke for Noctis and hope that the increased speed can do the job.

FYI, the general target for these guys is 6 aura OSBs or 10 non-aura OSBs for One For All strats. ATK buffs are only going to get you so far, aura on the OSBer and party noncharge are the other important factors for speed. (Ie if you don't have aura available you need a second OSBer or heavy DPS to make up for it.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: Β»

FYI, the general target for these guys is 6 aura OSBs or 10 non-aura OSBs for One For All strats. ATK buffs are only going to get you so far, aura on the OSBer and party noncharge are the other important factors for speed. (Ie if you don't have aura available you need a second OSBer or heavy DPS to make up for it.

So basically what you're saying is, instead of trying to do Fang for Imperil Wind, Alphinaud for enWind attack, and Luneth for enWind OSB, I'd be better off having a second healer and a dedicated entrust battery (instead of having Ramza do that and Shout) and just shove everything through Luneth?

• Options

So basically what you're saying is, instead of trying to do Fang for Imperil Wind, Alphinaud for enWind attack, and Luneth for enWind OSB, I'd be better off having a second healer and a dedicated entrust battery (instead of having Ramza do that and Shout) and just shove everything through Luneth?

I'm not sure where the break point is mathematically, but your best DPS + Entrust bot is probably your best bet compared to just a second DPS.

• Options
    Got Sealion down! Time of 57.06s, which is just enough for me to not care!

Team was not nearly optimal but it worked:

Locke - Lifesiphon/Powerchain, OSB, +30% Sword DMG
    Onion Knight - Wrath/Entrust, BSB, DMT
    Minfilia - Wrath/Entrust, SSB, Ace Striker
    Balthier - Lifesiphon/Fira Strike, SSB, Battleforged
    Y'shtola - Wrath/Curaja, SSB/BSB, MM

The strategy was pretty simple - Locke went first and RW'd Wall, while OK dropped his BSB and Y'shtola used Aetherial Pulse (because Savage Wing would murder Locke from 95%). From then on it was just Wrath/Lifesiphon until Balthier had two bars, which he dropped for the imperil. After that, Entrusts started going to Locke. With both a 30/30 and 50% boostgas, as well as max imperil, Locke was hitting for 64k with his OSB, which was JUST enough to get Sealion before the 1 minute mark. Strahl Strafe was doing maybe 25k per use (averaged out).

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    OK whew, plowed through 7 (!) Nightmare end bosses today to unlock the Magicite. Most of them were pretty easy, Valigarmanda was a little annoying because I was doing it slightly wrong (didn't know that breaking the barriers with the attack that kills the orb didn't count) but once I got that figured I won handily. Affliction Break and Quadruple Foul were both pretty simple, both being helped rather a lot by Faris (with no relics to her name) pumping out the damage with Cloud USB RW + Thief's Revenge. Omega Drive was super easy, though I did take a relic-less Noctis on that one (ChainCharge is still pretty good). Reraise was ridiculously easy thanks to having Penelo's BSB. Curada was a little trickier just because I misread the medal conditions, so I had to do that twice but I took Yuna and Tyro as SMN and just ignored the mechanics entirely. Meltdown was another one where I basically ignored the medal conditions, and I got lucky with his first (and only) weakness being lightning. Onion Knight and RW Raines utterly annihilated him, and I didn't use any charges of the crystal until his end of battle explosions. Terra called in the Raines RW, which let her drop an instant OSB once he went into phase 3 which took care of most of his remaining health. Rapha never got to use her BSB.

I think I need a break from 1 stamina fights, so I'm just going to collect my token thing and maybe take a stab at my first Magicite dungeon tomorrow. I'm not sure which one I'll start with, I might make and hone Omega Drive to r2 (2 Dark Crystals shy of r3 right now) for USB Cloud to put to use, and tackle whichever one is weak to wind. Maybe make an Entrust for Ramza to use, put Fang in there for imperil and run Y'shtola and Yuna/Arc for my healers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Well, Golem's a little trickier because he's such a fuck you to physical but at the least I'd look into cutting Alphinaud for an Entruster given that comp. Check your math, Luneth should be capping his OSB, maybe even without Imperils. If so, just shove as much meter into him and that'll get you a sub minute clear which is Good Enough for now.

(Either that or he's very susceptible to quad ninja comps.)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    He wasn't capping, he was doing 70k something, I believe (likely after 1 imperil at that point). But I also had a SB-generation RM on him, not damage boost, so I should cap after making that switch, I think.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Decided to do an 11 pull cause I need something to help out with the upcoming FFXI Torment. 1/11. Alphamau's SSB. Woof.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Aaaaand thanks for that advice. Did one more try before bed. Knocked off Golem, mastery, 59:23. So JUUUUUST under a minute. Don't see how I'd hit sub-30 without some serious firepower boost.

Earth Elemental (I)x1
    Clay Goldem (1)x1
    Ralvuimago (IX)x1
    Arcana x5
    Greater Arcana x2
    Sand Worm (X) x1

Looks like they combine to 1) reduce earth damage (so easier future runs of this one), 2) boost earth damage (so better odds for running Lightning), and I have the Lightning-only Stoneskin. Does that stack with stoneskin?

Won't be able to do the same thing with Ice, because while I do have Terra's OSB, I don't have her enFire, unfortunately. I do, however, have shittons of other fire options, so I'm sure I'll land on something that works.

Looking to the next mega man target, Earth damage, I've basically got Tyro's SSB (ahahaha, no), Rinoa's OSB (no enEarth, but still not bad to have), and Gladolious's BSB (but I need to level him). And the magicite itself, of course. That one'll be tough, I think.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Megamanning is for nerds. Skipped back to Golem, 53:04.

But first! A little detour:

F8jS3jMl.png

Did the math, needed Fujin's LM1 to cap her OSB while taking a little less MAG from equipment for resists instead. She was a dive I was borderline on anyway, so no real hardship. Going all the way to her LM2 might've been interesting to fish for procs in order to get fast OSBs out but I would've needed 2 Entrusters to keep meter up in that strat and I couldn't figure out how to make that work.

Setup:
    VSzh6Vfl.pngaujMhlPl.png
    Major Earth resist on Garnet, Moderate resist on Fujin, Minor resist on Vanille and Ramza

https://youtu.be/87gfK8RN2IQ

So that's it for my strong elements. The next ones are going to be...interesting.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Recommended best team given the following pieces:

Locke BSB (imperil fire)
    Thranced BSB (imperil fire)
    Terra OSB (fire), also her BSB which has a fire attack but why bother
    Papalymo BSB (enFire), also SSB which has haste, +MAG, reduce cast time x3
    Krile BSB (enFire), also SSB which has haste, +MAG, major regen

Obviously need a healer or two, and I've got one other fire burst, but it's poor compared to the above.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I'm worried about Wind, Fire, and Earth. I have no imperils for Ice, Water, or Wind. For that matter, I have no strong Enice either. I have an Ice Chain and several BSBs with ice entries and commands.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    SeaLion down, 1min+ but whatever. My fire game isn't super hot (ha!), but I muddled through with Refia BSB and Balthier OSB. Ramza had to buff and entrust which probably cost me a lot of time. I need to find an OK BSB or similar that can entrust, that would help immensely.

Got Minfilia but that doesn't quite mesh with Ramza. I should take a look at who else I have, maybe I forgot I had someone useful.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    I'm worried about Wind, Fire, and Earth. I have no imperils for Ice, Water, or Wind. For that matter, I have no strong Enice either. I have an Ice Chain and several BSBs with ice entries and commands.

If you can beat one the rest are a matter of time. Just level your magicite. People who can't beat any are the ones who are screwed.

Going to check Reddit for a poverty setup.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    So just yesterday I was struggling with Fenrir, and a huge part of the problem is that I had no way to fit both Dispel and Protectga into the party, because I needed Khimari around for a lifesiphon-able magic blink and he doesn't really provide much else.

I just remembered that I have Seiken Shock for Beatrix. It was seriously like an epiphany.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Hmm. Almost got Fenrir but at around 1 min 10 seconds he appears to enrage and cast Savage Wind whatever 6 times in a row. Maybe its not a good idea to leave haste on him.
    Using :
    Cloud Omega Drive/Hailstorm
    Zack Worthless/Worthless Chain
    Tyro USB/Wall
    Ysh Curaga Wrath BSB
    Alphinaud Curaja Protect Deployment Tactics.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Recommended best team given the following pieces:

Locke BSB (imperil fire)
    Thranced BSB (imperil fire)
    Terra OSB (fire), also her BSB which has a fire attack but why bother
    Papalymo BSB (enFire), also SSB which has haste, +MAG, reduce cast time x3
    Krile BSB (enFire), also SSB which has haste, +MAG, major regen

Obviously need a healer or two, and I've got one other fire burst, but it's poor compared to the above.

Krile, Papalymo, Terra, and an Entrust battery might be your best bet.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I think I might try Living Flame first, then Sealion, My water synergy isn't bad.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Hmm. Almost got Fenrir but at around 1 min 10 seconds he appears to enrage and cast Savage Wind whatever 6 times in a row. Maybe its not a good idea to leave haste on him.
    Using :
    Tyro USB/Wall
    Ysh Curaga Wrath BSB

I think he has an 80% chance to use savage withering winds in very weak phase and his speed is 650, so haste doesn't really do anything.

• Options
    I just realized that Golem here means that we'll never get him as an actual ability.

I'd have loved a 5* or 6* Summon that applies Bubble.

• Options
    Ardor wrote: Β»
    Using :
    Tyro USB/Wall
    Ysh Curaga Wrath BSB

I think he has an 80% chance to use savage withering winds in very weak phase and his speed is 650, so haste doesn't really do anything.

They move to weak phase>berserk phase based on turn count or damage though, and their angriest phase only comes from taking too many turns.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I might suggest giving Y'shtola Dispel and Wrath. Or give Alphy Dispel and Curaja, and Y'shtola Protectga and Wrath. With Alphy picking up the early-round healing slack, she should be able to get to her BSB without packing Curaja, after which Tetragrammaton is better anyway.

• Options
    I just realized that Golem here means that we'll never get him as an actual ability.

I'd have loved a 5* or 6* Summon that applies Bubble.

Way too overpowered with Alphinaud BSB's C2. I can see it being a 5* magicite ability, though.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I both beat Fenrir and didn't: beaten in 1:00.01 (!!!), so I S/L'd. Just in time to not waste the keystone, apparently. Need to remember to use my magicite Ultra Skill next time... Wendigo's Ice Imperil would definitely have made the difference.

Beaten with Edea (BSB), Rinoa (BSB), Alphinaud (SSB, offheal + haster), Edward (Faithga/Hastega, wrath/entrust), Y'shtola (BSB).

I'll get that sub-1 minute yet! And then I'll start farming Bismarck and Sealion, because they're much easier and because leveled magicite from Sealion should make Fenrir more straightforward.

Daffydd on
  • Options
    So, I'm not sure how the sub-Magicite system works. I get their passive abilities (Dampen Water and the like), but I don't get to summon them and get them to perform their actions?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I'd like to welcome you all to the new thread!

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/213522/ffrk-magicite-dungeons-live-30th-anniversary-fest-next-month-come-join-us/

Perhaps it will last through the 30th anniversary, but somehow I doubt it =)

@Echo lock us up, plox thx

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    So, I'm not sure how the sub-Magicite system works. I get their passive abilities (Dampen Water and the like), but I don't get to summon them and get them to perform their actions?

The only for-lack-of-a-better-term Esper you get to summon (because that's effectively what they are, let's not kid ourselves) is the one in the Main slot. All of the magicite have skills that are shared by your party when they're in the sub slot, but the one in the main slot will use their actual skills to fight for you. Only the main 3* (the bosses you fought) currently appear to have an Ultra Magicite Skill that they'll use upon summoning. Then they rotate their other skills for about 4-5 turns before you need to resummon them.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

This discussion has been closed.