As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chapter 1: The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe - A [13th Age] PbP

1234568»

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    @Nullzone we are still waiting for you. I will love on tomorrow.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Im alive and well. All hopped up on Rx goofballs. But doing good.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Im alive and well. All hopped up on Rx goofballs. But doing good.

Huzzah!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    @Brody I believe you follow Nullzone. Wanna take this last swordsman out?

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Following my attack, can I use a free action to intimidate him into surrendering?

Geth roll 1d20+5+3 for MBA vs AC16
    Geth roll 1d8+4

MBA vs AC16:
    1d20+5+3 17 [1d20=9]
    1d8+4 10 [1d8=6]

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Absolutely!

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Still being ignored by the swordsman who seemed intent on gutting Kirst, Bragg headbutts the man, breaking his nose and almost knocking him off his feet.

"Your comrades are dead, and soon you will be as well. Unless you want to answer some questions," Bragg growls at him while blood runs down his forehead from where the impact of the headbutt split skin. Smiling to finish his statement, he licks some the blood that his trickled down his face, making the grin much more sinister.

Geth roll 1d20+4+1 for Gladiators are scary.

Gladiators are scary:
    1d20+4+1 23 [1d20=18]

Brody on

• Options
    "Whoa... hey..." he panics, dropping to his knees. He tosses his sword and shield aside the holds up just hands. "I-I never liked those guys anyway! I swear I only joined with them caused I needed the imperials (re: coins). I'll tell you whatever you wanna know, really."

Firigin steps out from inside, pulling his mustache. "Yes.. fine work," he muses. "Not terribly efficient but in a battle all that matters is survival, after all."

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Sorry y'all, last week was kind of nuts; had to scramble all plans bc of extended family death. I'm back online now, will catch up on things and jump in where appropriate.

• Options
    Sliding his shield over his shoulder onto its hook, Bragg steps up next to the thug with his sword at the ready.

"Do anything stupid, and you won't be needing any imperials."

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    "You've chosen the path of wisdom! Lovely! So few people do these days, you know. We can start with the basics ... like why are you looking for Inigo?" While waiting for an answer, Tomas walks over to the slightly steaming corpse of the hedge wizard and prods it gently with his foot, just to make sure. When nothing happens, he points his staff and describes a quick circle around the two of them, creating a circle - a faintly glowing red line about an inch above the ground. "Let's see if you've got anything to be wary of ... or interested in ..."
    Geth, roll 1d20+4+3+1 for Searching for magically interesting things (Int)

Searching for magically interesting things (Int):
    1d20+4+3+1 9 [1d20=1]

• Options
    "Look, I don't know much, okay. All I now is some devils are after him so he's got our interest... Also Vutani seems to have a personal grudge with the guy."

@Elvenshae You don't find anything particularly interesting - some worthless baubles, ripped paper, and animal bones in his pockets. That is, however, until flipping through the book he was tearing pages from you find a troubling phrase - only a part of the phrase, really. And you are the only one would could possible know what that phrase even means or its purpose. How did it end up in the hands of this uncouth lout? Where did this book come from?

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Tomas stands with his staff braced across his shoulder, one hand holding a tattered tome open in front of him as the other slowly turns the pages. He answers distractedly, "Butani, Butani ... The name is not ringing a bell ... Kasben, does it sound familiar to ..." Tomas stops with an audible whuff, his fingertip suddenly pausing, then racing back up the page to trace it again; he flips forward a few pages, rapidly. Suddenly, he rips a handful of pages from the book, balls them up, and tosses them into the air. As they reach the apex of their arc, a small lance of flame launches from the wizard's hand and incinerates them instantly. The ashes crackle with dissipating energy as they fall to the ground.

@Mikey CTS Someone, somewhere, has taken to putting bastardized pieces of THE SPELL into spellbooks. They allow minor magelings to tap into some huge pools of energy, allowing them to punch well above their weight class ... for a period of time, at least. The power is unpredictable and addicting, usually driving the users insane. Those minds of those who are not driven completely mad are, instead, opened up to something else. I swear this is not what happened to me. Dun dun dunnnnnn.

ED: Deliberate misspelling of Vutani's name; Tomas is distracted and only half-listening.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Kasben has been leaning on the hut in silence, ruminating on the name Vutani. A lot of visitors came through the Cathedral back in the day, all of varying importance - the Priestess was in high demand in those days. If only he could remember if this name was among them...

Geth, roll 1d20+3+1 for scholarly recall

@Mikey CTS - attach whatever stat mod is appropriate to this roll, I only rolled for background+level.

scholarly recall:
    1d20+3+1 8 [1d20=4]

Nullzone on
  • Options
    If no one else has already called it. I am going to roll the bodies for anything of interest, or worth.

• Options
    @MagicPrime roll 3d10 for me.

• Options
    Geth roll 3d10 for Robbing the Dead

Robbing the Dead:
    3d10 9 [3d10=1, 2, 6]

• Options
    (poke, poke)

• Options
    @Mikey CTS

This dead body is probably really smelly by now...