As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, August 25, 2017 - Sample

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, August 25, 2017 - Sample

Sample

Sample

http://campcomic.com/comic/459

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Oh my god
    It's because Malachi's hair is the same color as the carpet sample!

Hahahahaha

edit: I really need to edit my blog post with names (Theo) and backstories sometime this weekend.

briguy on
  • Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    wouldn't that be funny (ha. ha.) if that was the stock photo that came with the frame when it was bought?
    ... but according to it, Neiman has an older sibling (sister? -- looks like a ponytail, but what does that mean nowadays?). or he has a really tall, younger sibling.

and I'm intrigued by the toy car, which end is the front? and don't get me started about the globe of falling particulate matter.

edit: ooh, he was wearing the wrist band before camp -- making it a pre-camp relic just like Colin's whistle and 17's lovebug.

hajen on
  • Options
    NagoraNagora Registered User regular
    While it's nice that we're getting some more background, I don't think anyone here needs too much explanation why Neiman's parents left him at camp.

• Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    Wow. That was fast. I didn't think you could make him relatable *this* quickly.

• Options
    BrobBrob Registered User regular
    Kram1032 - exactly!

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    Why do I get the feeling that this will be the one flashback that doesn't leave me sympathetic?

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    The Neiman-box is really creepy. It prefigures his beheading, stare intact.

• Options
    Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    I hope it goes less for sympathy than just understanding here. I'll sympathize with Neiman when he is redeemed and not a moment sooner!

• Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    So a carpet sample is enough for Neimans needs but a hairsample is not?

• Options
    SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Why can't he be obsessed with something normal? Like badly drawn, overpriced cartoon animals you can trade with other people in what are laughingly called gyms. Better being exploited financially than mildly creepy.

Skizz on
  • Options
    SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    Oh, and best kitty ever.

• Options
    tabletable Registered User regular
    Aw man, his family seemed to really care about him? I mean, they probably had the 'N' pillow made for him and his guardian checks up on him and looks out for him. I'm actually a bit nervous about what could have happened. Could it be possible that Neiman liked something and didn't want to leave camp?

On another note, is this the first backstory that Malachi is told?

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    He is a creepy child but I like him!

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    I'm starting to develop some understanding for Neiman....I suspect that Neiman may have a neurological/cognitive/developmental processing disorder such as Asperger's Syndrome/autism mixed with something on the more severe side, contributing to his tendencies. Maybe he has a hyperfixation on teal things? While I didn't like it when he peed on Malachi in that one comic (certain toilet humor doesn't sit well with me), he starts to give off less unnerving vibes but moreso a kid version of Suzanne Warren from Orange Is the New Black (both Stalker with a Crush archetypes that stalk their crushes and do something involving pee). At least his family seems supportive (so far....I mean a truly supportive family wouldn't leave their kid at CW).

This comic has a knack for making even the more "difficult to like" characters human and sympathetic.

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    No, really -- the box in the first panel? Doesn't it look to you like Neiman's severed head upside-down with blood running over his face? Doesn't anybody else see that?

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    No, really -- the box in the first panel? Doesn't it look to you like Neiman's severed head upside-down with blood running over his face? Doesn't anybody else see that?

I think it's supposed to be Malachi's face, given the rosy cheeks. The dyed mop head next to it is its hair.