As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2IwzOneJuM

omg Farrow Valkyries are finally coming omg

Does that mean the fat lady is about to sing?

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I got my in store Warmahordes league up and running again. Learned a lot from how the first one didn't work out and this is going much better already. The trick will be with how people respond to needing to expand their armies again.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    PP just announced a nerf to Haley2s feat and the Cygnar FB group imploded

The new version of the feat now only hits d3+5 models currently in her control zone.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    You know, I *watched* the video at L&L with the teaser about the Crucible Guard, and I have no idea how I didn't make they mental connection that they were the next WM mini-faction release. It took Gaston2 showing up and saying that he works for them to actually go ooooooooooooooooooh yeah.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    What's this now about the next mini faction?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mZLbyizm40

Last couple of minutes. By the name, sounds like they're tied to the Order of the Golden Crucible. AKA the international alchemy guild in the IK. From what I gather, it sounds like it involves those that were able to escape the invasion of Llael (where they were mainly based out of) into Ord, where they're setting up shop and getting ready to kick some Khadoran ass.

And it looks like they've got tanks, as per the video.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

The new version of the feat now only hits d3+5 models currently in her control zone.

Which is actually not that hard a nerf for her to be honest. But hey, it wouldn't be the Cygnar FB group if it doesn't implode every once in a while.

• Options
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

Which is actually not that hard a nerf for her to be honest. But hey, it wouldn't be the Cygnar FB group if it doesn't implode every once in a while.

The good news is it settled down pretty quickly as big name Haley2 players came out of the woodwork to say that it was needed and everything is fine.

The major Kraye buff confirmed at the same time probably helped, as well as the acknowledgement that Siege1 is heading into CID soon.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Definitely sold my entire Cygnar collection to a local at least partially on the back of a recent tournament where a mediocre player swept through by playing Haley2 every game. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the butt!

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The Haley 2 nerf is great and her feat is still incredibly strong. It will still cripple battlegroups and solos.

I fully expect them to watch how that nerf affects play, and then hit Deneghra 1 with the same thing.

She'd still be the strongest caster in Cryx, I think, but it would make her much worse against hordes of infantry. And I wouldn't feel guilty playing her anymore.

• Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    I just straight up won't play against haley's or denny's anymore.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options

The good news is it settled down pretty quickly as big name Haley2 players came out of the woodwork to say that it was needed and everything is fine.

The major Kraye buff confirmed at the same time probably helped, as well as the acknowledgement that Siege1 is heading into CID soon.

Yeah, the new Kraye is amazeballs.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Sometimes, a magic ice-scythe/hammer just isn't enough.

So, do you think she get two cannons, or one cannon and they couldn't decide which side to mount it on?
    The cannon is on the right side in the back view on the top row, but is swung out on the left side in the bottom row back view.

• Options
    In all views, the cannon deployed is on her left side. When it is stored it is on her right side because the mounting arm doesn't telescope.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    I love that design. My buddy is waiting patiently for his MOW theme and she'll fit right in.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So I've picked up a rager cager and a child in anticipation of playing in a journeyman. This'll be my first ever wargame. But it sounds like WH8th Ed is the thing to play and Warmachine is on its way out.

Am I buying into a dying game?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Sometimes, a magic ice-scythe/hammer just isn't enough.

So, do you think she get two cannons, or one cannon and they couldn't decide which side to mount it on?
    The cannon is on the right side in the back view on the top row, but is swung out on the left side in the bottom row back view.

The arm it's mounted on swings underneath her ribs/boiler, which is why in storage it's on the right and deployed on the left.

• Options
    So I've picked up a rager cager and a child in anticipation of playing in a journeyman. This'll be my first ever wargame. But it sounds like WH8th Ed is the thing to play and Warmachine is on its way out.

i don't think so. this kind of thing is hugely dependent on your local community. games are more or less popular based on very small regional trends. as a broader thing, warmachine is still going strong and has tons of big tournaments and events and new releases.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

No, the games not dying.
    WH40k just got a new edition dropped and is actually moving the story forward some, so it's the latest new hotness.
    Give a year or so for the new shine to wear off.

• Options
    http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-09-05-2017

New insider talking about the upcoming MOW theme force, CID changes, and a new Khador battle engine.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Lots of themes being rolled out soon. After Cryx's dominating performance at the WTC, I hope other factions are getting powerful themes too.

I still expect to see Deneghra1 nerfed in the same way as Haley 2. All those legacy power casters are just too much. I don't even play Denny1 anymore with my friends because of her crushing feat.

• Options
    Btw - I was part of the broadcast team for the WTC. In the upcoming weeks I will upload all the games we recorded as well as put the streams from each round on Youtube for your viewing pleasure.

And Germany won both WTC's last weekend - Warmachine and Guildball. And we narrowly missed the triple with a German player losing the Solo Masters finals.

• Options
    There's some chatter going on where apparently judges reversed one of Norway's wins after they left?

• Options
    There's some chatter going on where apparently judges reversed one of Norway's wins after they left?

Yes, the Norwegian team captain (of courageofcaspia.com fame) wrote a blog post detailing the situation yesterday - today he realized, that he was wrong and took it down. It still looks like the head judge overturned that result.

The unfounded accusations towards the French team have been withdrawn - but nobody knows why the judge overturned that result.

• Options

Yes, the Norwegian team captain (of courageofcaspia.com fame) wrote a blog post detailing the situation yesterday - today he realized, that he was wrong and took it down. It still looks like the head judge overturned that result.

The unfounded accusations towards the French team have been withdrawn - but nobody knows why the judge overturned that result.

Yeah I saw the posts over on the Caspia site (they were also linked on the Cygnar group), I was curious if there was any info from other sources about what went down.

• Options
    I can't look at most gaming sites from work, can someone sum up what happened/is happening?

• Options
    From what I remember of the original post:
    Skorne (Norway) vs Cyriss (France): Axis tried to counter charge while he was under a debuff that prevented him from charging. Players realized this, called over a judge who rules to rewind the game to before the countercharge.

Skorne shoots the caster off the table and wins. Norway then had their last player forfeit his game leaving them at 3-2 for the round so they could leave the venue and rush to their flight, but not before confirming they won and that their final placement was 5-1.

They get home, find out that the head judge overturned the table judge's ruling, and then handed them a game loss.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    From what I remember of the original post:
    Skorne (Norway) vs Cyriss (France): Axis tried to counter charge while he was under a debuff that prevented him from charging. Players realized this, called over a judge who rules to rewind the game to before the countercharge.

Skorne shoots the caster off the table and wins. Norway then had their last player forfeit his game leaving them at 3-2 for the round so they could leave the venue and rush to their flight, but not before confirming they won and that their final placement was 5-1.

They get home, find out that the head judge overturned the table judge's ruling, and then handed them a game loss.

what the fuck?

admanb on
  • Options
    Skorne killed someone?

Man, shows how far out of the meta I am.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    The best part: From what I had read, the countercharge wouldn't have been that much of an issue since nearly the entire Skorne army hadn't activated yet and the French player had offered to forfeit since he didn't see a way to win.

• Options
    Wait, so the head judge said "No, the earlier call is was wrong, and you get a loss for that match for illegal game state(or w/e it would be called)"?

• Options
    edited September 2017
    my guess is that the table judge took it back to the head judge, head judge told him it was done wrong and the game needed to be played with the counter-charge in place, then discovered the Norse team had left so declared it a loss by forfeit.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Skorne killed someone?

Skorne was part of the winning German team and went 6-0 in that team. The player played Rasheth with double Siege Animantarax for all 6 games.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So I'm about to do this Journeyman League completely blind and new.

Am I about to make a horrible mistake?

• Options
    Well, that *is* the purpose of J-Man leagues, so probably not?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Skorne killed someone?

Skorne models are pretty strong after the big wave of errata. Their only issue now is they haven't caught up to the stronger themes (which is true of most hordes factions except Legion, which has one busted theme)

And now Cryx has two strong themes and another fairly strong one announced (and two mediocre), so they're dominating again, which is annoying. I kind of preferred being an underdog. Now I can't blame the game when I lose.

• Options
    Boy... the idea of theme strength being the element that determines a faction's competitiveness really makes it hard to regret spending time away from the game.