As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Spocairn

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Spocairn

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• sokpupetsokpupet Registered User regular
    Zip's is no joke.
    The original location in Kennewick has the best tartar sauce anywhere, hands down.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Good thing he took those dogs out before they finished lapping, he could've had a Wolfoid infestation on his hands

• Jeff WeimerJeff Weimer Registered User new member
    I love the armpit hair.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    It is funny transplants from spokane generally remember zips well. Its the only reason I stop in ritzville before getting to spokane.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Cat_Spoke_Anne_Wash.png

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Spokane is like the preschool level of cities in washington that get mispronounced. Sequim is the one I hate if only because they themselves use 3 different ones.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    No matter the terror, good food trumps it

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I will never not love the descriptors they use for Spokane; mainly because every one of them is spot on.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Spokane is like the preschool level of cities in washington that get mispronounced. Sequim is the one I hate if only because they themselves use 3 different ones.

Everyone I know just ignores the E and proceeds accordingly.

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    "I had to kill ten of them with a chunk of my father's tombstone" is by far the best thing that has ever been written on the internet.

• AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    This strip gives me some Rainslick vibes, and I like that

• SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    It's strips like this that makes me shudder at the fact that I'll likely live in my own hometown until the day I die. I never escaped this place

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    This strip gives me some Rainslick vibes, and I like that

'Black tongues lap at the spreading pool
    And build the strength they need to rule'

Both one of the best poems and the best eldritch horror story concepts.

H9f4bVe.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    jwalk wrote: »
    "I had to kill ten of them with a chunk of my father's tombstone" is by far the best thing that has ever been written on the internet.

"My Father's Tombstone" would be a good name for a cocktail of some variety.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    It's strips like this that makes me shudder at the fact that I'll likely live in my own hometown until the day I die. I never escaped this place

There's always time to make a change. It's scary, as you get older, but you can still do it. Watch this bit (again, if you've already watched it years ago):
    https://youtu.be/MMbw-V6TTeM?t=7m3s

Sure, Scott wasn't moving from a small town, but what he says is absolutely true. There's always the possibility for life to go in a new direction.

• likesorangelikesorange Registered User new member
    Preacher wrote: »

I thought it was just said like "squim"?

• DrogeistDrogeist Registered User regular
    This seems on topic and timely, but please redirect this post and accept my apologies if it fits better elsewhere.

https://nytimes.com/2017/09/07/us/harvey-irma-couple.html

There's a couple who live in Spokane named Harvey (104 years old) and Irma (almost 93 years old) who have been married for 75 years. Also, Rosie Beestinger is 120 years old and has many children (adopted and otherwise), and this couple has taken in and fostered 120 children over decades.

Weird coincidences going on here!

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Outside vacations I've lived in the same small town for 28 years and will probably die here. But its a nice quiet little place that doesn't have things like best buys, mcdonalds walmarts ect. Yet we still somehow managed to get 2 starbucks...

• MominatorMominator Registered User new member
    You could have just said that the air was still smoky...

I escaped too, so I actually knew what you meant.