As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West 2017 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

12345679»

• ClarinexusClarinexus Registered User new member
    edited August 2017
    Does anyone know if everyone getting a badge at will call needs to be there to pick up badges, or if one person can pick up for the group?

Clarinexus on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Clarinexus wrote: »
    Does anyone know if everyone getting a badge at will call needs to be there to pick up badges, or if one person can pick up for the group?

Only the person who bought them needs to show up.

• cedelacruzcedelacruz Kirkland WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Is the Bungie Destiny Experience going to be similar to what they did with Halo a few years back?

cedelacruz on
  • Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    NyanNhan wrote: »
    That's a great question. I would like to extend that question to the Showbox in SoDo (Riot Games Party). If any locals can provide feedback regarding "sketchy-ness" of the general vicinity around the time frame of late night and recommended travel method. I (we) would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Showbox is just South of the stadiums. It is a more warehousey/industrial type area. It would be about a 15 minute walk from the stadium light rail stop. Light rail northbound (back into downtown) stops around 12:30 am. An Uber would probably be around $10-15 from the convention center area.

• wolfemancswolfemancs Registered User regular
    As for the sketchy-ness of various parts of downtown, while I'm a local I don't spend a bunch of time in the city itself. But I work at a fairly large company that has employees that come from all over the country, and their reports on the sketchy-ness of downtown vary greatly based on where they're from. My friends that grew up in DC or Chicago or Detroit laugh at the "sketchy" parts of Seattle saying they'd let their grandma walk through the worst parts alone in the middle of the night. My friends who grew up in the middle of nowhere or upscale suburbs though think the whole downtown is a death trap. So I think it's all a matter of perspective and what you're used to.

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Clarinexus wrote: »

To be more clear, only the purchaser can pick up their own badge(s), they check ID. If you and 3 friends each bought your own badges, you all have to go to Will-Call. If you bought badges for all your friends on your own account, then only you have to go.

• DScribeDScribe Registered User regular
    Are we going to have any idea what games are being played in the arena prior to PAX starting?

• ninjamittensninjamittens Registered User new member
    Question: I can't seem to find info on Swag Bag stuff on the site anymore? Can you point me to that info?

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    Question: I can't seem to find info on Swag Bag stuff on the site anymore? Can you point me to that info?

d4LVNs1.png?1

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Edit: read the question wrong. Don't mind me, just loosing my mind trying to get ready and running out of time.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    DScribe wrote: »
    Are we going to have any idea what games are being played in the arena prior to PAX starting?

Actually, @DScribe, normally they post PAX Arena in advance. I've always been able to plan around it.

Good news, though. If you open the app, it was very recently updated. Also now that I checked it's updated on the main site's schedule, just filter it by PAX Arena. From what I can see, though, it looks like it might not be just attendee tournaments--can anyone clarify on that?

Friday:
    Smash 4 Friday Invitational
    HP Omen Arcade Overwatch 3v3 finals

Saturday:
    HP Omen Arcade The Ringer
    Injustice 2 Fan Tournament
    Overwatch 3v3 Saturday Finals

Sunday:
    Blade and Soul North American Regionals & MXM Invitational

Sunday:
    Smash 4 Monday Invitational

Pavio on
    v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    For the folks asking about the PlayStation Experience app: Pax is on it now and check in starts in 22h which means 9pm tomorrow. Kinda weird but just a heads up.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • RyzenRyzen Registered User new member
    Has there been an official announcement of when/where the Merch Lite Booth will be this year? Wondering when and where I should start standing in line.

I have searched the website, FAQ, this thread, and the PA forums to no avail.

Thanks.

• RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Edit: Nevermind, I am dumb and was reading the map completely wrong. I figured it out - yay for using your brain!

RiDE on
    "Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
    edited August 2017
    Ryzen wrote: »
    Has there been an official announcement of when/where the Merch Lite Booth will be this year? Wondering when and where I should start standing in line.

I have searched the website, FAQ, this thread, and the PA forums to no avail.

Thanks.
    Gotta search Twitter too :) Admittedly, it was only posted like 20 minutes ago...

Dreamwriter on
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Does anyone know how late the paramount theatre will be open for destiny stuff? These merch lines are awful.

Edit: they capped the line so I think they shut down at 6. Just a heads up for people.

IncreaseBlue on
  • afipanicafipanic Registered User regular
    If I have someone who cannot make it today (sat sept 2) and we are wanting to sell the badge @ cost to someone who wasn't able to get a saturday badge where could I do that at?

Next PAX: West 2017!
    Flight: [X]
    Lodging: [X]
    Passes: [X]
    Excitement: [10/10]
    afipanic wrote: »
    If I have someone who cannot make it today (sat sept 2) and we are wanting to sell the badge @ cost to someone who wasn't able to get a saturday badge where could I do that at?
    Stand outside next to one of the scalpers and shout “Don’t support evil scalpers, I’ll sell you my badge at cost!”

• cedelacruzcedelacruz Kirkland WARegistered User regular
    I like that the blocked the street between the Paramount and the Annex and had food vendors there.

The Bungie line is insanely slow. They should've used the same method Pokemon did a few years ago.

• brainyronbrainyron Registered User new member
    What happened to all of the GAMES at pax? There seemed to be very few actual games being demoed, and it was more about the hardware vendors showing off their latest shiny things. That's all fine and good... but I go primarily to try out new games. I'm very disappointed by this year's experience as a result.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    brainyron wrote: »
    What happened to all of the GAMES at pax? There seemed to be very few actual games being demoed, and it was more about the hardware vendors showing off their latest shiny things. That's all fine and good... but I go primarily to try out new games. I'm very disappointed by this year's experience as a result.

What? Theres literally dozens of games. Ive personally played like 6 different things, and I havent even gone to the indie stuff yet.

This discussion has been closed.