As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[JRPG] FFXII: The Zodiac Abs

1596061626365»

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Persona 4 has two actual animes

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    P4 was maybe the least anime of the Persona games and 5 just brought it back to its standard

y'all Persona 3 was Anime As Hell and that was the game where you literally could not just be friends with women

and had a robot girl waifu. It was so anime.

I'm not sure I'd agree with Persona 4 being the least anime though.

Really the series that currently is Persona is just anime as fuck and has been anime as fuck for as long as it has been this series (3-5)

I'd say Persona 4 is the least anime of the modern Personas.

I'd also say red fire is the least hot of the colors of fire.

Like, yeah sure it may be true but it's still fucking fire.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Yall know that media is a product of its era, right
    P1 and p2 are just as anime as anything else, styles and themes have evolved and changed over time

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Got a free month of Game fly and they are sending me Nier:Automata

Finally going to play it.

You probably already know this, but the game isn't even close to over when you see the credits the first time.

Prepare for feels.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Persona 4 is pretty fire though

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    P1 and p2 are just as anime as anything else, styles and themes have evolved and changed over time

As anything else?

Oh no, we were all anime all along.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

As anything else?

Oh no, we were all anime all along.

burn it all down

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Fire Emblem also needs to sort out its anime problem

And its lack of magic triangle problem

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I mean I personally don't think something being "anime" is negative in of itself. It more comes down to how lazily its done.

Though I do see it has become a disparging remark. From folks who are most likely to engage in the media to begin with. Which is kinda weird tbh.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Anime is my raison d'être, there is no god for me to kill, no exam for me to ace, no cat bus for me to ride that can slake my thirst fully

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I come to jrpgs BECAUSE they are anime as fk. I get my non-anime games elsewhere.

So yea, I do not say it as a disparaging thing. It is what it is, some people like it some don't.

But I'm not gonna tell someone an anime as fuck game isn't anime as fuck ya know? Like it's a thing people should know and be prepared to run from if they are NO ANIME types. Because let's be honest, it's a very understandable thing to not be into.

• Options
    "Anime as fuck" is misleading at best though
    Most jrpgs of any era are drawing from popular Japanese media in some way

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Yeah. For the worse.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »

Yeah. For the worse.

For some sure

• Options
    Also hey dude you know how you get upset when people dunk on a thing you like????

Maybe don't also do that

• Options
    "Anime as fuck" is misleading at best though
    Most jrpgs of any era are drawing from popular Japanese media in some way

Well I mean Japan is anime as fuck.

jrpgs in general are pretty darn anime, that's generally who they are aimed towards. Sometimes they are less anime. And people are looking for those less anime ones. So you gotta let them know if it's not one of those less anime ones by letting em know just how god damn anime it is.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Geth close thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative A steak!. Closing thread...

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    If this is going to be the content of this thread then it has less than no value. Megathreads ain't got no reason to live as it is.

This discussion has been closed.