As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew was planning to put Tubman on $20

1235»

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Paladin wrote: »
    Will we even still use paper money by then?

Poor people are going to be using cash for a very long time.

I've shifted almost entirely to cash over the last four years. Sure, I'm poor, but it's also really hard to try and steal my credit card number if I'm using cash for 95% of everything I do. I'll consider switching when RFID catches on faster and in far greater numbers.

Anyway, I don't care if Jackson stays on the front or back. I don't care who they put on the money since it spends the same no matter what. But when people start complaining that it's all about PC or erasing history or whatever dumbass thing pops into their heads, then I say we put people like Andrew Carnegie, JP Morgan, and Cornelius Vanderbilt on them. Let us remind the world what our money is really fucking all about.

That's what all the Freemason and Illuminati imagery is for.

Too subtle by half. We're not a nation that does subtlety. We need to remind everybody how important it is to serve our natural oligarchs. And we can put Howard Hughes on the fifty to remind people that it's still possible to become rich, too. But keep the design different to make people uncomfortable to have it.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

Oh, Steve King, we all know you're a goose. There's no need to continue to prove it.

• Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular

Oh, Steve King, we all know you're a goose. There's no need to continue to prove it.

Wut?

There's playing to your base in an election year and then there's this guy.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    It blocks any redesign of paper money at all, in fact, which Treasury does periodically for anti-counterfeiting anyway.

So I guess now is a good time to get yourself a high-quality printer, a bunch of ones, and some bleach

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    For some reason, I totally misred "King’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment." as "King did not immediately resign from office in response for a request for comment."

Part of me thinks the latter is more appropriate.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    LGM headline:
    “There Are Too Many Black People On American Currency Nowadays. Please Eliminate One. I Am Not A Racist Crackpot.”

Perhaps if we suggest putting a couple of cantaloupes on the front?

• Options
    Oh. My. God.
    He also called it “racist” and “sexist” to say that the United States should put a woman or person of color on the country’s money. “Here’s what’s really happening: This is liberal activism on the part of the president that’s trying to identify people by categories, and he’s divided us on the lines of groups,” he said. “This is a divisive proposal on the part of the president, and mine’s unifying. It says just don’t change anything.”

• Options
    LGM headline:
    “There Are Too Many Black People On American Currency Nowadays. Please Eliminate One. I Am Not A Racist Crackpot.”

The commenters make the excellent point of "what's the problem of putting on the $20 a Republican using their right to bear arms?"

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    LGM headline:

The commenters make the excellent point of "what's the problem of putting on the $20 a Republican using their right to bear arms?"

I'd still prefer Tubman but I think the idea of a well regulated militia of Republicans defending their freedom merits consideration.

9wAiZrw.jpg?2

Something like the above could make for an excellent tableau.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Tubman was a Republican, presumably.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Party Of Lincoln™

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

This is a good point.

MbtroJ0.jpg

• Options
    God dammit I just got that's exactly what the commenter was suggesting.

God dammit.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Let's be honest. Lincoln 's party has been dead a long time.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »

At some point "what have you done for me lately" is a perfectly valid question

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

"What have you done for me sooner then three french republics ago?"

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Southern Strategy sucked the majority of the white southern racists out of the Democratic party in order to rally the Republican base, officially turning the Republican party into the face of continued racial oppression.
    So at least they're mostly congealed into a solid high visibility mass now.

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Remember the halcyon days of June 2016? Anyway bumping this post for this new world we live in.

Reporter from CNBC.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Remember the halcyon days of June 2016? Anyway bumping this post for this new world we live in.

Reporter from CNBC.

Fucking, sure, why not

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Gosh, I thought Republicans were all about remembering history and preserving culture nowadays.

Oh right, only if it's white.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Instead of Tubman they'll put Reagan on it.