As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Ever Judging

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Ever Judging

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    If anyone else is sitting here in the time between waking and the coffee/ tea kicking in, and you don't play Madden, realize that Gabe means a scout for a football team. The vagueness of that term made it take a second to parse for me, hopefully this will be helpful to someone else.

Zomagic on
  • Options
    bsctgodbsctgod Registered User regular
    He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    bsctgod wrote: »
    He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.

God...Santa...
    closeenough.png?1317606898

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I can't tell if I'm missing a joke, or if the thrust of the joke is just the combo heathen mockery of Gabe and "the footballs."

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    If they're in a truck on country road, anytime he "scores" is definitely making Jesus cry.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    If they're in a truck on country road, anytime he "scores" is definitely making Jesus cry.

The joke is that Tycho is right, Jesus is listening, and Gabe's swearing displeases Him.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »

The joke is that Tycho is right, Jesus is listening, and Gabe's swearing displeases Him.

Thank you for this. This one almost felt like one of those old Magic Eye pictures where I would squint, move it back and forth, but never figure it out.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    This one made me laugh very heartily. Well done.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Wait just how much other non-football shit can you do in Madden now?

Like can you get charged for domestic violence and have to navigate the PR nightmare? Can you try your hand at having an acting career on the side and win an oscar the same year as the super bowl? Can you have your girlfriend burn down your house?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    identeregareidenteregare Registered User regular
    So, are we talking in-universe, tabletop-gaming-buddies-with-Tycho-and-Gabe Jesus Christ, or some other embodiment of the Son of God?

Also, does the Scouting Report ever go OVER 9000?

• Options
    tac042tac042 Registered User regular
    They shoulda brought Jesus back as a character. Zoom out in the third frame and show him on the couch next to Gabe. He could say something irreverent and witty.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    tac042 wrote: »
    They shoulda brought Jesus back as a character.

They don't have to bring him back; as shown in this comic, Jesus is always there.