As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West 2017 Cosplay thread

• bubblegirl22bubblegirl22 portlandRegistered User regular
    Oh sweet. I have Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I know I'll definitely be cosplaying on Saturday not sure about the other days just yet. And thank you! It been working really hard on it

So surprisingly my thrown together Jace turned out pretty satisfying in my opinion. I'll just need to make his hooded cloak and I'm set. Not super accurate of course but I'll at least be recognizable. I'm claiming the right to be creative lol

tqd7shag53my.jpg

m6lmkcydolfd.jpg

b4sm96l48ybs.jpg

Wow that turned out really well. And I feel you on the being creative part.
    How did the other one turn out?

• CharmingDevilCharmingDevil Token Awkward Muffin Graham, WashingtonRegistered User regular

Thank you! I ended up not costesting Nissa though. After looking through my cosplay stuff I realized I didn't have as much stuff that would work for Nissa than I originally thought.

Thank you! I ended up not costesting Nissa though. After looking through my cosplay stuff I realized I didn't have as much stuff that would work for Nissa than I originally thought.

Ahh I got ya. When do you think you will be cosplaying during the con? I know I will be saturday. I'm not sure if your OK with me hanging out with you but I would love to get some photos together if you are cosplaying

• CharmingDevilCharmingDevil Token Awkward Muffin Graham, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Ahh I got ya. When do you think you will be cosplaying during the con? I know I will be saturday. I'm not sure if your OK with me hanging out with you but I would love to get some photos together if you are cosplaying

I'll definitely be cosplaying Jace on Saturday. Bought material for his cloak today and raided my closet for more pieces so I think he'll actually look pretty legit lol I might cosplay Sunday as well but it all depends on how I feel. Usually I just do something comfy and casual on Sunday. And I don't mind if you hang out and I'd love to get pictures with you too! I'll be walking around with my husband and his cousin but they're pretty chill and shouldn't have a problem with a plus one. :)

I'll definitely be cosplaying Jace on Saturday. Bought material for his cloak today and raided my closet for more pieces so I think he'll actually look pretty legit lol I might cosplay Sunday as well but it all depends on how I feel. Usually I just do something comfy and casual on Sunday. And I don't mind if you hang out and I'd love to get pictures with you too! I'll be walking around with my husband and his cousin but they're pretty chill and shouldn't have a problem with a plus one. :)

Nice. And I might be with my husband at some point xD lol every time Iv gone to pax with him he always finds a way to wander off. Lol. But yeah I feel the same way about Sunday. Most of the time my feet can't take 2 days in a row. But Yaaay photos! We will look awesome. Is your husband cosplaying?

Nice. And I might be with my husband at some point xD lol every time Iv gone to pax with him he always finds a way to wander off. Lol. But yeah I feel the same way about Sunday. Most of the time my feet can't take 2 days in a row. But Yaaay photos! We will look awesome. Is your husband cosplaying?

Yeah I can understand that haha they might wander off too but usually we tend to stick together for the most part since you can get lost pretty damn easy at PAX! And yes! I'm excited for photos! Liliana is my second favorite Planeswalker! And Jace and Liliana have history so that'll be fun haha ;) My husband probably won't be cosplaying. He normally does at other cons but for PAX he prefers to just walk around in civilian clothes. But me on the other hand takes any excuse she can get to cosplay! XD

Yeah I can understand that haha they might wander off too but usually we tend to stick together for the most part since you can get lost pretty damn easy at PAX! And yes! I'm excited for photos! Liliana is my second favorite Planeswalker! And Jace and Liliana have history so that'll be fun haha ;) My husband probably won't be cosplaying. He normally does at other cons but for PAX he prefers to just walk around in civilian clothes. But me on the other hand takes any excuse she can get to cosplay! XD

Haha same, Ahh I had to bring part of my cosplay to work so I can work on it during lunch. XD I'm running short on time lol

Haha same, Ahh I had to bring part of my cosplay to work so I can work on it during lunch. XD I'm running short on time lol

Oh geez, I've been there haha but unfortunately the bulk of my cosplays usually consist of sewing which I unfortunately cannot/will not lug all that stuff to work with me. XD As for Jace, I have all the pieces for his cloak cut so I just need to sew them all together tonight when I get home from work. Thankfully I don't work tomorrow so I'll be spending all day making appliques for all those white symbols... RIP my sanity...

Oh geez, I've been there haha but unfortunately the bulk of my cosplays usually consist of sewing which I unfortunately cannot/will not lug all that stuff to work with me. XD As for Jace, I have all the pieces for his cloak cut so I just need to sew them all together tonight when I get home from work. Thankfully I don't work tomorrow so I'll be spending all day making appliques for all those white symbols... RIP my sanity...

Haha have to sew once I get home as well. I'm making my leg armor and paint my head piece at work.
    I see sleep deprived in both of our futures.

Haha have to sew once I get home as well. I'm making my leg armor and paint my head piece at work.

Oh dude, Sleep Deprived is my middle name! I do my best work under pressure. 99.9% of my cosplays are made with stress, exhaustion, and a pack of Red Bulls. The other 0.01% are the cosplays I actually started months in advance haha! But deciding what to cosplay a week before con is definitely a first for me. Thanks for that btw lol I didn't consider cosplaying a Planeswalker until you mentioned something. XD But if I find that I enjoy cosplaying Jace, I may actually make a more accurate version for next year.

Oh dude, Sleep Deprived is my middle name! I do my best work under pressure. 99.9% of my cosplays are made with stress, exhaustion, and a pack of Red Bulls. The other 0.01% are the cosplays I actually started months in advance haha! But deciding what to cosplay a week before con is definitely a first for me. Thanks for that btw lol I didn't consider cosplaying a Planeswalker until you mentioned something. XD But if I find that I enjoy cosplaying Jace, I may actually make a more accurate version for next year.

Haha sorry about that, but when you said you were thinking about a MtG character I had to make my move. XD and yeah that's how I finished many of my final's papers .
    But thank you for making all the effort ^-^ I'm very happy my Liliana will have a Jace

Haha sorry about that, but when you said you were thinking about a MtG character I had to make my move. XD and yeah that's how I finished many of my final's papers .
    But thank you for making all the effort ^-^ I'm very happy my Liliana will have a Jace

No need to apologize! I honestly had no idea who to cosplay. When I mentioned cosplaying MtG I was just going to do some randomly thrown together elf or something since a week before con wasn't enough time to make something as complex as a Planeswalker or other notable character. But when you said you were cosplaying Liliana I started thinking that I may actually be able to pull off Jace. His signature piece is the cloak so as long as I make that, the rest I don't feel so bad about if it's not accurate. As long as it's blue and flowy, it'll work haha! And the effort will be worth cosplaying my favorite Planeswalker with my second favorite! Angsty telepath and devious necromancer, here we come!

No need to apologize! I honestly had no idea who to cosplay. When I mentioned cosplaying MtG I was just going to do some randomly thrown together elf or something since a week before con wasn't enough time to make something as complex as a Planeswalker or other notable character. But when you said you were cosplaying Liliana I started thinking that I may actually be able to pull off Jace. His signature piece is the cloak so as long as I make that, the rest I don't feel so bad about if it's not accurate. As long as it's blue and flowy, it'll work haha! And the effort will be worth cosplaying my favorite Planeswalker with my second favorite! Angsty telepath and devious necromancer, here we come!

All I can say to that is. "Muwahahahaha!"

• 2thug2bkawaii2thug2bkawaii Registered User new member
    I've decided to go as 2B from automata for pax and I'm honestly so excited, it's going to be my first actual cosplay :3

That's awesome!! I'll be going there as 9S. If you don't mind, we should get a photo together. Glory to mankind!

Totally! What day are you going? ^-^

• Moichao10Moichao10 Registered User new member
    Is it ok to cosplay from an Anime? it doesn't have a game yet but It's in the progress of having a game be made (so I've read)

• botanic-anticsbotanic-antics Registered User regular
    Moichao10 wrote: »
    Is it ok to cosplay from an Anime? it doesn't have a game yet but It's in the progress of having a game be made (so I've read)

You can cosplay from anything, but as it's has been said before, just don't expect to be stopped for pictures as often as a video game character.
    It's all up to what you are comfortable with, I am doing 2 cosplays from comics and Doctor Who because I don't have a game character but I have never been to a con without a cosplay.

OufnvCf.png
    Highlights from a baby PAXer: First time with VR, awesome Indie games, and Acq Inc. "C" Team shenanigans
  • Moichao10Moichao10 Registered User new member

You can cosplay from anything, but as it's has been said before, just don't expect to be stopped for pictures as often as a video game character.
    It's all up to what you are comfortable with, I am doing 2 cosplays from comics and Doctor Who because I don't have a game character but I have never been to a con without a cosplay.

okay, thank you! I'm just asking because I cannot afford to cosplay anything else right now, and I love wearing the cosplay as much as I can :)

• botanic-anticsbotanic-antics Registered User regular
    okay, thank you! I'm just asking because I cannot afford to cosplay anything else right now, and I love wearing the cosplay as much as I can :)

Same with me! This hobby takes over my life and my wallet, but I love it

OufnvCf.png
    Highlights from a baby PAXer: First time with VR, awesome Indie games, and Acq Inc. "C" Team shenanigans
  • alansmith52alansmith52 Registered User regular
    My 12 year old daughter is dressing up as danyres stormborn. We've never done cosplay before. Is there a low stress event she should go to or get involved with. Thankyou

• seckzeeseckzee Saphyre SeattleRegistered User regular
    My 12 year old daughter is dressing up as danyres stormborn. We've never done cosplay before. Is there a low stress event she should go to or get involved with. Thankyou

Geek Girl Con!

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Last minute packing choice: Bringing my Green Power Ranger cosplay.

Ahhh it's time for the final push for all cosplay. Time to live off of coffee like college students craming for finals

Ahhh it's time for the final push for all cosplay. Time to live off of coffee like college students craming for finals

I don't miss college at all but I still remember how it's done. Red Bulls and Mountain Dew! And power naps! Gotta buy some more iron on adhesive tonight but otherwise Jace is coming along slowly but surely. So many iron-ons!! @_@

I don't miss college at all but I still remember how it's done. Red Bulls and Mountain Dew! And power naps! Gotta buy some more iron on adhesive tonight but otherwise Jace is coming along slowly but surely. So many iron-ons!! @_@

Haha I'm having the same feeling but with painting. I'm having to borrow a friends sewing machine because mine decided to die last night. Blah. We can do it

Haha I'm having the same feeling but with painting. I'm having to borrow a friends sewing machine because mine decided to die last night. Blah. We can do it

Oh noes! RIP sewing machine...

Oh noes! RIP sewing machine...

Yeah. But it was super old and cheap. The next one will be much nicer

Well that's not too bad then. I just bought myself a new machine a couple months ago for my birthday and I'm so happy with it! My old one was a 1970s Singer from my great grandma and it still works great but it only did basic stitching. I needed something a bit more for cosplay work. Good luck friend!

Well that's not too bad then. I just bought myself a new machine a couple months ago for my birthday and I'm so happy with it! My old one was a 1970s Singer from my great grandma and it still works great but it only did basic stitching. I needed something a bit more for cosplay work. Good luck friend!

Oh. Not sure if it's something you want do but Saturday night I'm going to the bioshock party. I have a little sister cosplay as well. But I have a splicer mask if you were wanting to go

Oh. Not sure if it's something you want do but Saturday night I'm going to the bioshock party. I have a little sister cosplay as well. But I have a splicer mask if you were wanting to go

I've actually never played Bioshock. I think my husband played the first one so I vaguely remember the premise behind the game and I'm familiar with what the characters look like. The Splicers are the ones who wear Masquerade style masks right? Like a bunny and a cat are the ones I remember. I have a white button up, black sleeveless vest, and tie that I could use to complete the look. I wouldn't mind going but it's up to the guys I'll be with since we're planning on all taking one vehicle. We might take two but it hasn't been decided yet. Not sure how late they wanted to stay in Seattle. I'm the night owl who likes to party so I'm totally down for any kind of party but my husband and friend, not so much haha

I've actually never played Bioshock. I think my husband played the first one so I vaguely remember the premise behind the game and I'm familiar with what the characters look like. The Splicers are the ones who wear Masquerade style masks right? Like a bunny and a cat are the ones I remember. I have a white button up, black sleeveless vest, and tie that I could use to complete the look. I wouldn't mind going but it's up to the guys I'll be with since we're planning on all taking one vehicle. We might take two but it hasn't been decided yet. Not sure how late they wanted to stay in Seattle. I'm the night owl who likes to party so I'm totally down for any kind of party but my husband and friend, not so much haha

Haha OK. Well I'll bring it with me and then we can talk more about it when we meet up tomorrow. And I'm in a great mood. I just got an extension at work and I'm all Yaaaay. And my cosplay is pretty much done

Haha OK. Well I'll bring it with me and then we can talk more about it when we meet up tomorrow. And I'm in a great mood. I just got an extension at work and I'm all Yaaaay. And my cosplay is pretty much done

Ok sounds good. I'll bring a change of clothes as well just in case.
    That's good to hear. I'm in a pretty good mood too. Today started off kinda wonky but it worked itself out in the end. My cosplay is almost done too but I still foresee a late night ahead. It's not so much that I have a lot to do, it's just so time consuming since I have to wait for each section of iron-ons to cool completely before moving on to the next. But it's looking amazing so far! I'm proud that I was able to do it in a week haha! Can't wait to see your Liliana though!

Ok sounds good. I'll bring a change of clothes as well just in case.
    That's good to hear. I'm in a pretty good mood too. Today started off kinda wonky but it worked itself out in the end. My cosplay is almost done too but I still foresee a late night ahead. It's not so much that I have a lot to do, it's just so time consuming since I have to wait for each section of iron-ons to cool completely before moving on to the next. But it's looking amazing so far! I'm proud that I was able to do it in a week haha! Can't wait to see your Liliana though!

We are on our way to Seattle now from Portland. I have a little bit of hand sewing I need to do once I get there but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Yaay

• flavivirusflavivirus Registered User new member
  • flavivirusflavivirus Registered User new member
    Saturday photo compilation: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PHcdE6TWJBMwOAcy1

Great work, cosplayers!

• kalemeplzkalemeplz Registered User new member
    I got last minute ditched and was planning on wearing a Persona cosplay, never been to a convention before so I'm getting a little bit anxious. Is there a specific area people meet at for pictures? Am I better off going later than earlier?

• Shado redShado red Registered User regular
    I see a lot of people meet at the sky bridge area in front of the Thinkgeek booth.

• divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    Darn it! Would have worn naoto today. In civics.

• kalemeplzkalemeplz Registered User new member
    Ah, okay awesome!
    I can't leave until 12:30, and I'm about an hour and a half away from Seattle :(

• FourT2FourT2 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Some of my photos I took this weekend: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aroubin/albums/72157686225536203

Wish I had a chance to take more but I spend a lot of time in lines.

If I got a picture of you and you want a higher res RAW file, DM me and I will provide it to you (no charge).

pg1lub26cgqx.png
  • RhujaaRhujaa Registered User new member
    Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone looking here happens to be one of the people that took my picture during the weekend. While enjoying every game there was to look at, I never took my own photos. My three outfits were:

Friday - Cait Sith (FF, but the FFXIV outfit specifically)
    Saturday - Mayuri (Steins;Gate)
    Monday - Fuka (Disgaea 4)

Thanks!