As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's official! East is going to 4 days!

klzklz Registered User regular
Reposted from Reddit fromthe official Pax Twitter:

"Did you catch the announcement from Gabe and Tycho at #PAXWest? Starting next year, #PAXEast will become four days (April 5-8th in 2018)!!"

• stitchingdragonstitchingdragon MA, USARegistered User regular
    Much harder to get 2 days off than one. This is tricky.

-stitchingdragon
  • Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    Thank goodness it's from Thursday - Sunday and not Friday - Monday like West.

HYPE!

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I'm excited. The 5th is a Thursday. Makes it a little different from the Friday to Monday at PAX West. Curious if some of the after hours events that occur on Thursday night will stay on Thursday or switch to Wednesday night.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Awesome news! Of course, my body will fall apart sometime Saturday afternoon...but my mind will still be active. (little victories!)

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Nice to have a date confirmation, and definitely curious about the implications of an extra day. Is it worth taking an extra day off work? (Probably)

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I'd be more hyped about this if I didn't have to then take 2 days off the next week for a wedding....

Guess I need to talk with the boss now.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Much harder to get 2 days off than one. This is tricky.
    More if you gotta travel. Wednesday to get there, Thurs/Fri, and then Monday to fly home unless you're made of stone and able to do a red-eye flight on Sunday night and work straight after PAX without a full night's sleep in 5+ days.

YL9WnCY.png
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    @LexiconGrrl

So what's up with pre pax boardgame night?

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Wow, didn't think that would actually happen. Now I have to decide if i'm going all 4, the usual 3, or stick to just Saturday and Sunday that I was thinking about after last year, hehe. As for the pre-Pax stuff, it will probably all happen a day early but we all wont know until the organization starts.

• ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    @LexiconGrrl

So what's up with pre pax boardgame night?

Was thinking the same thing. Will it be Wednesday night now?

• RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Yea i usually head up the day before just cause driving up there in the morning sucks and just so much more stressful. So if i can go and do all days your looking at at least 5 days off maybe 6 since there is always the last hurrah at the westin sunday night. I might need to end up applying for medical because i have scoliosis in my back.

RedK232 on
    xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Well, on this plus side: this lets us experience the glory that is 'I can do that tomorrow' in regards to stuff on the show floor. It's massively liberating.

One the downside, 4 days is exhausting.

I will see my feelings after having lived through an East in early spring with it, as opposed to a pleasant summer's day at West.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Curious if some of the after hours events that occur on Thursday night will stay on Thursday or switch to Wednesday night.

I can tell you the Pre-PAX dinner will be on Wednesday...which is great, as this will open up way more options for possible locations. Boston is notoriously $$$, and trying to get space to accomodate a large group on a Thursday is always a struggle.

While I too am excited about the Thursday start, I will probably end up taking the full week off to get ready =\

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I'm hoping Thursday will be much less crowded and feel like the olden days. But alas, I may miss PAX this year due to a 3-month training seminar out of state.

Bad News: I won't be allowed to train because I'm "over qualified" for training
    Good News: PAX East is now possible for me.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I'm hoping Thursday will be much less crowded and feel like the olden days. But alas, I may miss PAX this year due to a 3-month training seminar out of state.

Bad News: I won't be allowed to train because I'm "over qualified" for training
    Good News: PAX East is now possible for me.

That sounds like a win-win! You're already skilled and you get to PAX! :)

• DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    I was only able to get Thursday/Friday this year. I've never gone on a Thursday so I'm looking forward to it. I hear Thursday may be the worst day to go through out of all 4 days. Is this true?

Ds3hsEH.png
  • starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    I was only able to get Thursday/Friday this year. I've never gone on a Thursday so I'm looking forward to it. I hear Thursday may be the worst day to go through out of all 4 days. Is this true?

Depends on your definition of "worst day". Saturday will for sure be the busiest, so from a crowd standpoint that's the worst for me. But until panels/guests are announced it's hard to say

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    Thursday will prob be the slowest since this is the first year that they are doing 4 days. So none of us really know what to expect. Next year though if thursday turns out well then the next time around it will prob be busier.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
    I'm honestly praying that Thursday is the least crowded day. It'll be like the old days where the lines were manageable, the aisles not should-to-shoulder, and you could freely wander from one end to the other without taking almost an hour to do so. It could be absolutely glorious.

On the flip side, I'm so incredibly happy that I'll be skipping Saturday. These last couple of years have been way too crowded, so missing what I consider the worst day of the convention is AOK with me.

I'm also kind of shocked that Thurs/Fri/Sun still show as "Available" and none of them are at "Low" yet.

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    The attendee part of me is hyped.

The Enforcer part... not so much.

JfqWFk8.png
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I'm expecting Th to be a somewhat calm day, we'll see.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I just bought Fri and Sat badges so far, but now I'm wondering if I should go back and grab a Thursday badge. I've never had this option before because usually everything sells out instantly, so I'm confused XD

But it's a good confusion to have.

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    Anyone else surprised that it took a month for Friday passes to finally sell out?

5fhxvn385q28.png
    starNOstar wrote: »
    Anyone else surprised that it took a month for Friday passes to finally sell out?
    I'm hoping this all means a less crowded PAX. Saturday will still be a mob

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    starNOstar wrote: »

Took 2 weeks last year after doing way with the 3day passes. Adding in an extra day can probably be credited with taking some of the heat off of Friday.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    That combined with there now being 5 paxen is likely helping. This is good though; part of the reason for adding more PAX is to make sure more people get to go to PAX. Sellouts slowing down might be an indicator that the capacity is getting closer to the demand overall.

• flaznarflaznar Registered User regular
    edited January 2018