As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[No More Heroes III] The Galaxy vs The Hood [It's game time!]

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited August 2021 in Games and Technology
C2BmoGhUoAEZ93q.jpg
C2BoBwnUsAADtmC.jpg
YEAH!
Oh, that didn’t go well.

Hi everyone, I’m Goichi Suda from Grasshopper Manufacture.
Today, on January 13th, I’ve been invited to this, well, not “exhibition”, but “special match” here in Ariake.
I’d like to talk about a certain game.
Allow me to read it off.
Does everyone remember the guy from Santa Destroy who came into this world ten years ago through the team-up between Marvelous and Grasshopper?
That’s right – Travis Touchdown.
Switch!
It’s not coming up…
Show the picture, please.
There it is.
This legendary dark star is making his comeback on the Nintendo Switch.
I can’t tell you the title of the game just yet, and this is a bit off-topic, but last year I spent the whole year going to gamer-based events such as PAX and Bit.Summit in Kyoto. Throughout that time I spoke with lots of indie creators about all kinds of stuff, and they’d be like, “Hey Suda, what’s up with the Nintendo Switch?” Well, at the time I believe it was called the “NX”, but I’d say “I have no idea, but I’m looking forward to it.” And lots of people would go “C’mon man, tell us something! Apparently the development environment makes it really easy to make games, right?” So I’m like “Hey wait a second, I’ve got a nondisclosure agreement with Nintendo, I can’t talk about it,” and we’d go through little skirmishes like that. Anyway, both Japanese and worldwide indie creators are really interested in the Switch and I think the development environment matches perfectly. It’s got great compatibility and I felt like it could become a sort of bridge between indie and major games. And as for the game I’m making now, I plan to make the sort of game that will be a real kind of singularity for indie games and the Nintendo Switch. Travis will be right up at the forefront. Like a collaboration between Travis and an indie star... Or to put it more simply, in pro wrestling terms, like a collaboration of a really hardcore style + a good ol' death match, maybe? That’s not exactly it... To compare it to Fire Pro Wrestling... Sorry, I can’t really explain it well, but anyway, Travis is gonna be coming back to rock out on the Nintendo Switch.
This has been Goichi Suda of Grasshopper Manufacture.
Thank you very much. YEAH!
Switch LOVE!!

He's also directing and writing this time.

No, really.

w2XzDRH.png

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I'm not sure there's enough information out yet to justify a whole new thread.

But I'm looking forward to seeing Travis again.

And Shinobu.

And Henry.

Maybe Sylvia.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I definitely feel it does, this was the news of the conference for me.

Also, I should share this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13rhrr86_CI

Yes, that's Travis and Sylvia, talking about how they got married and are now living in space. After becoming immortals.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Cautious optimism, looks a lot like Killer Is Dead.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2017
    Aw, yeah, that's the kind of fourth-wall breaking nonsense I love these games for.
    Also, wait, did I hear that masked man saying he's looking for revenge for his daughter?

And that picture in his car was of Jeanne, which...

Oh dear. This might get awkward.

EDIT: Nope. Watching the actual presentation and not just the trailer, I was wrong.
    The dead daughter isn't Jeanne, it's Bad Girl.

Well, that just makes the whole thing a lot less awkward.

WotanAnubis on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    God I can't wait! It looks great.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Aw, yeah, that's the kind of fourth-wall breaking nonsense I love these games for.
    Also, wait, did I hear that masked man saying he's looking for revenge for his daughter?

Well, being a trailer character...
    i'm 90% sure he's gonna be killed offscreen before the game even starts, like Helter Skelter in NMH

Well, being a trailer character...
    i'm 90% sure he's gonna be killed offscreen before the game even starts, like Helter Skelter in NMH
    Well, that'll just make it even more awkward.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, wow. This was staring us in the face the entire time.

Remember the Devolver E3 conference, with Suda showing up wearing Hotline Miami stuff?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    Looking forward to this but, man, Grasshopper Games trailers seem to have the absolutely worst sound mixing.

There's a concern that this isn't Robin Atkin Downes voicing Travis. Can anyone confirm? Its hard to tell.

wVEsyIc.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    There's a concern that this isn't Robin Atkin Downes voicing Travis. Can anyone confirm? Its hard to tell.

If it's hard to tell then is it really a problem? lol

urahonky wrote: »

If it's hard to tell then is it really a problem? lol

Well, he personifies Travis, soo...

wVEsyIc.png
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    the exhaust tips on the front of that car crack me up for some reason.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    I approve of the new jacket.

Q8QM9Fh.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Q8QM9Fh.jpg
    What kind of wood withstands a beam of focused energy like that?

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

Q8QM9Fh.jpg

Only the strongest wood, carved from the ancient Tree of the Morning.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Purple is my fav color. Travis is the man.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    You know, I didn't see a Ubisoft logo in this trailer anywhere. So I'm assuming Marvelous is publishing world-wide this time?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch

Q8QM9Fh.jpg

I'm more curious how an outward block is supposed to be effective here.

wVEsyIc.png
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular

Q8QM9Fh.jpg

I'm more curious how an outward block is supposed to be effective here.

He's a trailer character. It doesn't have to be.

Robin just confirmed on twitter, its not his voice.

wVEsyIc.png
    Robin just confirmed on twitter, its not his voice.

It's a shame, he was pretty good in the other two.

Then again, it's unlikely that i'll get a Switch, so getting this new one is unlikely.

Plus, I really disliked NMH2.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So apparently Quinton Flynn is the replacement in the trailer

While it's a shame if they don't get Robin back, Quinton Flynn has to be one of my favorite voice actors when it comes to hamming it up

Dude absolutely killed it as Raiden, especially in Revengeance. Not to mention Vorkken.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    But Quinton already plays Mister Sir Henry Motherfucker

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Looks like Travis stole Garcia Hotspur's jacket

agoaj wrote: »
    But Quinton already plays Mister Sir Henry Motherfucker

Wait, i thought Sir Henry Motherfucker was also voiced by Robin Atkin Downes?

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Yep, that won me back.

Well, this too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD75-fF5SX0:5920

Live action shenanigans! (1:38:00)

wVEsyIc.png
    Playable Shinobu means I kind of have to play this now, I guess.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    I finally started playing TSA since it's on Steam.

This girl's my hero.

8xhq01ui65t7.png
    EOjAulyWAAAjk-l?format=jpg

wVEsyIc.png
    NMH3 delayed to 2021:

When Travis was skeptical it would make 2020 in the announcement trailer before COVID-19 this isn't exactly the biggest shock.

New trailer for III + 1 and 2 Switch ports shadowdropped today:

https://youtu.be/TGi40VO9ce4

Is that Sylvia's new look?

wVEsyIc.png
    Is that Sylvia's new look?

That's definitely her voice, so I assume so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8TNX-iUv4E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdBBGEw9cLg

Sadly, I'm hearing Heavenly Star is still gone from NMH1.

wVEsyIc.png
    III launches August 27:

https://youtu.be/JnxoHOXqkiE

Looks insane, can't wait.

Also:

Miyamoto's back!

wVEsyIc.png
    Limited Run Games to produce physical editions for the Switch ports of 1 and 2: