As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: Β»
    Also I SUPER hate that I need to reserve so many item slots for resist accessories. If i bring enough for every magicite, that's 30 item slots, or go jumping into the vault every time I want to switch up the magicite dungeon I'm tilting at.

I don't care for the way they handle item storage in this game.

I've started making an item spreadsheet with all my accessories. Then I'll throw EVERYTHING other than major resist and 30+ stat boosts in the vault, and just pull them out when needed for various debuffs/etc.

• MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    I have unlocked every nightmare dungeon except Omega Drive! Gonna finish that one then go do all the bosses, these have been great fun so far!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Also I SUPER hate that I need to reserve so many item slots for resist accessories. If i bring enough for every magicite, that's 30 item slots, or go jumping into the vault every time I want to switch up the magicite dungeon I'm tilting at.

I've started making an item spreadsheet with all my accessories. Then I'll throw EVERYTHING other than major resist and 30+ stat boosts in the vault, and just pull them out when needed for various debuffs/etc.

I have grown to truly appreciate the double moderate resist items. They do a lot to help with inventory management all of a sudden. To think I used to see them as a waste next to single resist + offensive stat ones. Well, more of a waste as I used to think of all resist accessories as kind of pointless with the occasional use for an oddly hard boss. Edit: Well for my teams they were at least. I readily admit the length of time I have played this game puts me in the FFRK 1%. Having enough MC3s to just throw one on literally any character I think might be useful in even one fight changes a lot.

Gnizmo on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Every time I equip that one moderate paralyze resist + ice resist accessory we received recently, I yell at it for not being fire resist :x

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Oh also! How can I look to improve my lightning team right now? Obviously they're all around level 65 so that needs to change, but am I running the party optimally?

Right now my setup is this:
    Fran - Full Break/Wrath, Ace Striker (imperil ssb)
    Ashe - Thundaja/Sudden Thunder, Dalmascan Royalty (bsb)
    Rapha - Thundaja/Protectga, Dr. Mog's Teaching (bsb)
    Sazh - Breakdown of choice/Wrath, Knight's Charge (bsb)
    Aphmau - Curaga/Shellga, Mako Might (usb)

The game plan is almost always to spend the first two turns applying breakdowns/buffs/RW wall, then drop the Aphmau USB to apply haste and start cruising for the rest of the fight

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    MummBrah wrote: Β»
    Oh also! How can I look to improve my lightning team right now? Obviously they're all around level 65 so that needs to change, but am I running the party optimally?

The game plan is almost always to spend the first two turns applying breakdowns/buffs/RW wall, then drop the Aphmau USB to apply haste and start cruising for the rest of the fight

Sazh BSB is group haste and ATK/MAG buff right? I would switch MM to him if so. This lets you use the double breaks on his commands earlier in the fight as well. Throw another breakdown in place of Wrath is what I would do. You get the double stacking of Mag buffs needed much earlier, and throwing Ace Striker on Aphmau lets you throw out the USB pretty quickly, and if it goes on long enough more of them though I think it would take a long fight. i also think fran running Wrath/Tempest Snipe might do you better for some extra damage, but if you need magic and power breakdown they aren't bad choices defensively.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Time to throw Magicite Team No Wall Or Hastega at Liquid Flame and see if it sticks.

Characters
    Bismarck mastered! Still over a minute. No idea how I only lost one medal for damage, but I'll take it.

This Counter Blaze > Shift Form > Immediate Savage Firaga gets old really fast.

Characters
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: Β»
    This Counter Blaze > Shift Form > Immediate Savage Firaga gets old really fast.

Yeah especially living flame seems incredibly RNG in his damage output. He can either do nothing or just oneshot your team all of a sudden.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    Lightning: "I'm about to land Thunderfall on a double Imperil'd Liquid Flame! I'm awesome!"

Bismarck: "HAI GUYZ I'M HELPING" *PHTOOEY*

*shifts into Hand form*

Lightning: "..."

Characters
    edited September 2017
    HE DID IT AGAIN IN THE SAME ATTEMPT

Edit: The attempt wiped at <5%. Bismarck, I am not happy with you right now.

Aegis on
    Characters
    Lucky Draw chart

https://i.imgur.com/O3uh5Yz.jpg

Wishlist, ignoring dupes: Anything ice, a BSB for XIII, or TGCid OSB/Agrias BSB for holy imperil

Plenty of other things I'd be happy with, but if I got any of those, it'd be super nice.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    "Anything Ice" is pretty much the subtitle for this banner

edited September 2017
    Rius wrote: Β»
    "Anything Ice" is pretty much the subtitle for this banner

I'm gonna whiff again. My ice consists of:

Edea's SSB, which is just AOE damage (no imperil, no enIce), Delita's BSB (which is nice, but not super powerful), Celes's BSB (which is admittedly nice, but more focused on holy), and Vivi's BSB (which is good, but once more not focused on ice primarily).

Jragghen on
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Man, even Serah is getting in on the ice action.

I could really use some good ice stuff, but I'm probably going to get... frozen out.

Fry on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    If you think her ice potential is good now, wait until they release her BSB2 and USB and turn her into Magic Ice Lightning.

I am already budgeting for Magic Ice Lightning.

This time maybe I won't have to spend 350 mythril ahahaha yes, yes I will.

Characters
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I will take anything other than dupes from this banner. Preferably good stuff to let me expand my roster a bit because there isn't much point to leveling up new characters when I don't have relics for them.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm not rolling on this lucky banner. Way too many old bad pulls. Also I get the same things on fft lucky draws every single time.

Also my mythril is too low. In unrelated news...

q0tgznho87xf.png

Finally rewarded for a series of unwise pulls.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

226 mythril is too low? >_> <_<

I have 18 and I'm considering a pull. Is not like I'll be able to pull for UltraGeraldine either way.

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to wait until after Thursday to decide if I want to pull for Bartz stuff a second time. Rosa's USB just looks amazing. That sort of wrathable healing power is just swell.

Gonna lucky draw tonight because Lucky Draw.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    226 mythril is too low? >_> <_<

There are a lot of good banner coming, festival luckies, festival banners. I like having a buffer because it can take a ton of mythril to lure relics off the banner. Generally I just give up but it's nice to have the option to be foolish. I think I had 1025 or so before U cloud.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Heh, I get antsy just having 50 mythril saved up. "Oh boy, it's gonna mysteriously disappear for no reason if I don't spend it soon!"

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm young and full of realm dungeons so I can be a bit reckless before I hit middle age and have to start scrimping mythril together on events.

Madican wrote: Β»
    I'm young and full of realm dungeons so I can be a bit reckless before I hit middle age and have to start scrimping mythril together on events.

I used to be you!

I miss being you :(

Characters
    MOTHERFUCKER!!

I had it! I god damn fucking HAD IT! I finally had a team together that can possibly sub-30 clear Sealion (the secret ingredients are Raijin's Aura, an R2 copy of Entrust, and the reckless courage to make Onion Knight my only healer)! The Stars finally aligned such that Tyro gave Terra enough bars to get the killshot before he died! Terra and Onion had Last Stand, and Onion was midway through re-upping Vessel of Fate, and Terra had dropped out of Trance, but it didn't matter because she still had Enfire, there were 3 full seconds left on the clock, and she had the meter for one last OSB! All I had to do was click the button!

And the game fucking GLITCHED! Right at the goddamn finish line, the game failed to register me tapping on Terra's Soul Break menu, long enough for the clock to run out. I could have fucking won goddammit!

• mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Heh, I get antsy just having 50 mythril saved up. "Oh boy, it's gonna mysteriously disappear for no reason if I don't spend it soon!"

I just think about surprise limited-time banners and clutch my mythril even closer. Over 300 on both main and alt.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    And Hydra makes 6.

yQMa9lal.pngxsC3SZ9l.pngmaj65eil.png

Genuinely surprised I still got the mastery. Guess Y'shtola's bubbles ate a lot more than I expected. Plenty of minor miscues and Quake Strike is only at R2 because I have no idea where my black majors went. Dorgann is also still only at 80 since I'm back to saving up eggs for the FFXV CM in a few weeks. Bartz and Cloud still both put solid damage, but no triple cast procs, which was sad. Y'shtola was very taxed on healing, but held in there and specifically targeted Cloud for the last second full heal before it wiped everyone but him with yet another Savage Thunder.

I could legend dive her to help. Maybe. She's my strongest raw healer. But we'll wait and see after 30th fest and whatnot. I have a shitload of amazing white mage relics. I'm extremely spoiled for choice and it's a little paralyzing, which is why I dived Shan even though I haven't touched her for a single magicite thing. Still need some random other motes to finish Bartz's 4* sphere to get him fully legend dived.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    So I was reading up on the next magicite bosses to arrive, and the one weak to holy (Shadow Dragon I think?) has an auto-hit KO move that he uses if you haven't done 120k-ish damage to him in time, and that time is something on the order of 10 to 10.5 seconds. That strikes me as utterly ridiculous, as I very rarely start any serious damage dealing before 15 seconds at least simply because I need to build up meter for soul breaks. It is scripted to hit the lowest hp% person, and I'm not sure what actions he takes before that, so I guess you could do something like have an entrust character build up and send maybe a bar of meter to your DPS, or possibly something like start the fight with Tyro dropping Wall + Protectga/Shellga before face planting, thereby allowing you to wait on using you RW Elarra cast until later in the fight. I don't know, though, this seems like an utterly ridiculous thing to have scripted into a fight. I'll definitely have to see if I can find some more information on it, but it could make something like Yuna's USB extremely useful.

steam_sig.png
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Yuna's USB, or force some of their lesser used white mage abilities like Raise or Arise to be used.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

Oh wait. No, turns out my team can't manage it even when the game isn't glitching out. So, I spent the orbs to hone Entrust for nothing.

Fuck it, I'm done.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Gnizmo wrote: Β»
    MummBrah wrote: Β»

Sazh BSB is group haste and ATK/MAG buff right? I would switch MM to him if so. This lets you use the double breaks on his commands earlier in the fight as well. Throw another breakdown in place of Wrath is what I would do. You get the double stacking of Mag buffs needed much earlier, and throwing Ace Striker on Aphmau lets you throw out the USB pretty quickly, and if it goes on long enough more of them though I think it would take a long fight. i also think fran running Wrath/Tempest Snipe might do you better for some extra damage, but if you need magic and power breakdown they aren't bad choices defensively.
    Sazh BSB is not group haste, that setup requires the haste from Aphmau. Hastega should in general be used on Turn 1, either way; wouldn't spend setup turns doing buffs and breakdowns. Put whichever is less important for the fight of ProShell on her instead.

The problem with that party is both Sazh and Fran aren't going to be doing any damage worth writing home about and sacrificing two characters for the sake of boosting/imperil is going to impact your main dps. Without knowing who else you have available I don't know how to fix that, unfortunately.
    And Hydra makes 6.

Genuinely surprised I still got the mastery. Guess Y'shtola's bubbles ate a lot more than I expected. Plenty of minor miscues and Quake Strike is only at R2 because I have no idea where my black majors went. Dorgann is also still only at 80 since I'm back to saving up eggs for the FFXV CM in a few weeks. Bartz and Cloud still both put solid damage, but no triple cast procs, which was sad. Y'shtola was very taxed on healing, but held in there and specifically targeted Cloud for the last second full heal before it wiped everyone but him with yet another Savage Thunder.

I could legend dive her to help. Maybe. She's my strongest raw healer. But we'll wait and see after 30th fest and whatnot. I have a shitload of amazing white mage relics. I'm extremely spoiled for choice and it's a little paralyzing, which is why I dived Shan even though I haven't touched her for a single magicite thing. Still need some random other motes to finish Bartz's 4* sphere to get him fully legend dived.
    Is that Bartz with BSB3 or just BSB1? And legend dived? USB or no?
    chrisnl wrote: Β»
    So I was reading up on the next magicite bosses to arrive, and the one weak to holy (Shadow Dragon I think?) has an auto-hit KO move that he uses if you haven't done 120k-ish damage to him in time, and that time is something on the order of 10 to 10.5 seconds. That strikes me as utterly ridiculous, as I very rarely start any serious damage dealing before 15 seconds at least simply because I need to build up meter for soul breaks. It is scripted to hit the lowest hp% person, and I'm not sure what actions he takes before that, so I guess you could do something like have an entrust character build up and send maybe a bar of meter to your DPS, or possibly something like start the fight with Tyro dropping Wall + Protectga/Shellga before face planting, thereby allowing you to wait on using you RW Elarra cast until later in the fight. I don't know, though, this seems like an utterly ridiculous thing to have scripted into a fight. I'll definitely have to see if I can find some more information on it, but it could make something like Yuna's USB extremely useful.
    It's just barely possible with immediate entrust onto a 99 Orlandeau w/ OSB with a 30% RM and 40% equipment. One OSB should be just under 60k.

something like

Orlandeau LS/Hailstorm - Truthseeker
    Support LS/Entrust - Ace Striker
    Support LS/Entrust - MM
    Rikku whatever/whatever - DMT (Hyper Mighty G)
    Healer Curada/Boost - BF

The Lifesiphons+Hailstorm need to make up about 10k which should be doable.
    Orlandeau needs the opening MM Entrust and Boost then goes OSB -> Hailstorm -> OSB after second AS Entrust
    ergh. maybe not, that's a little over 10s. You need to find a party CT0 somewhere.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I don't think you were meant to beat the timer per se.

38thDoE on steam

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

Yeah, I can do the spreadsheet thing, it's more just the annoyance of having to strip lightning resist gear off the team, stash it in the vault, go into the vault, find the ice resist gear, send it to the inventory, equip that. Since I'm vaulting a lot of things, I can't just save the party loadouts and run with them.
    Mostly I'm just being whiney.

I'm looking at a team for the VII Torment 300, and I think using Zack's chain to shout/chant Lightning up is going to be a solid approach. Even without her legend dive, Shelke can bring silencega and entrust, then Barret with his AoE imperil lightning to make sure everything is taking hilarious damage gives me 3 VII characters. Lighting, as stated, and then Yuna with her USB/HP stock SSB for hastega and heals.

Yay more motes!

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Spectrum wrote: Β»
    And Hydra makes 6.

Is that Bartz with BSB3 or just BSB1? And legend dived? USB or no?

USB. I have his BSB1, 2 (both unused), and his LMR (also never triggered) but not his BSB3.

This, aside from the lit magicite, is what I used to beat it.

rDEQFqvl.png4X1SI0nl.png

Definitely should've used Dr. Mog on Y'shtola instead since healing was light at the start and I used someone else for Fabula anyway. Even with enEarth, Dorgan was only doing ~10k with Gaia Cross, so he should've definitely been in the back row and just wrathing or BSBing.

E:
    Huh. I missed the lit resist on Dorgann? Well, another thing that could be improved, I guess.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Clearly the answer is to spend unfathomable amounts of mythril/gems to expand your inventory.

....so I guess I'll just keep juggling this 100-slot inventory because nooo my precious mythrils!

I am never getting Spellblade motes, am I?

Characters
    You'll get just enough to get you playing this game at an endgame level for months of your life with no reward but more of it.

This discussion has been closed.