As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    And Hydra makes 6.

Genuinely surprised I still got the mastery. Guess Y'shtola's bubbles ate a lot more than I expected. Plenty of minor miscues and Quake Strike is only at R2 because I have no idea where my black majors went. Dorgann is also still only at 80 since I'm back to saving up eggs for the FFXV CM in a few weeks. Bartz and Cloud still both put solid damage, but no triple cast procs, which was sad. Y'shtola was very taxed on healing, but held in there and specifically targeted Cloud for the last second full heal before it wiped everyone but him with yet another Savage Thunder.

I could legend dive her to help. Maybe. She's my strongest raw healer. But we'll wait and see after 30th fest and whatnot. I have a shitload of amazing white mage relics. I'm extremely spoiled for choice and it's a little paralyzing, which is why I dived Shan even though I haven't touched her for a single magicite thing. Still need some random other motes to finish Bartz's 4* sphere to get him fully legend dived.
    Is that Bartz with BSB3 or just BSB1? And legend dived? USB or no?

USB. I have his BSB1, 2 (both unused), and his LMR (also never triggered) but not his BSB3.

This, aside from the lit magicite, is what I used to beat it.

Definitely should've used Dr. Mog on Y'shtola instead since healing was light at the start and I used someone else for Fabula anyway. Even with enEarth, Dorgan was only doing ~10k with Gaia Cross, so he should've definitely been in the back row and just wrathing or BSBing.

E:
    Huh. I missed the lit resist on Dorgann? Well, another thing that could be improved, I guess.
    Was the chase making it worthwhile for you for Bartz, then? My math was showing either the BSB command or the relatively weaker modifier on Quake Strike doing maybe 8k at most on its own. At that point you're basically just better off with Piercing Strike. Or is one of those an Earth booster on him?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    And Hydra makes 6.

Genuinely surprised I still got the mastery. Guess Y'shtola's bubbles ate a lot more than I expected. Plenty of minor miscues and Quake Strike is only at R2 because I have no idea where my black majors went. Dorgann is also still only at 80 since I'm back to saving up eggs for the FFXV CM in a few weeks. Bartz and Cloud still both put solid damage, but no triple cast procs, which was sad. Y'shtola was very taxed on healing, but held in there and specifically targeted Cloud for the last second full heal before it wiped everyone but him with yet another Savage Thunder.

I could legend dive her to help. Maybe. She's my strongest raw healer. But we'll wait and see after 30th fest and whatnot. I have a shitload of amazing white mage relics. I'm extremely spoiled for choice and it's a little paralyzing, which is why I dived Shan even though I haven't touched her for a single magicite thing. Still need some random other motes to finish Bartz's 4* sphere to get him fully legend dived.

USB. I have his BSB1, 2 (both unused), and his LMR (also never triggered) but not his BSB3.

Definitely should've used Dr. Mog on Y'shtola instead since healing was light at the start and I used someone else for Fabula anyway. Even with enEarth, Dorgan was only doing ~10k with Gaia Cross, so he should've definitely been in the back row and just wrathing or BSBing.

E:
    Huh. I missed the lit resist on Dorgann? Well, another thing that could be improved, I guess.
    Was the chase making it worthwhile for you for Bartz, then? My math was showing either the BSB command or the relatively weaker modifier on Quake Strike doing maybe 8k at most on its own. At that point you're basically just better off with Piercing Strike. Or is one of those an Earth booster on him?

I can try running it again tomorrow and pay a little more attention to the numbers. I want to say it was doing in the 2.7k-3.5k range per hit on chase, which is still a solid 24kish extra half the time, so nothing to sneeze at. I think it was around 6k per hit on his USB. Fast cast makes it hard to really compare. I know I left at least one bar on the table in Bartz though.

And yes, that's Dorgann's earth armor.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Experimenting I need to do: I have noticed, on Liquid Flame, I have been having Faris Wrath twice at the start so she could go into BSB and so both Wraths would be done before I Not Shout. And then I avoid as much as possible from pressing Wrath, so she can do more damage.

At which point I wonder: should Wrath just be literally anything else? Like, say, an ability that deals damage? I guess it would need 6 uses since I'd spam it early on, or she could attack a couple times. Once she BSBs, she's largely self-sufficient from Sapphire Shots & BSB Commands.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    And Hydra makes 6.

E:

I can try running it again tomorrow and pay a little more attention to the numbers. I want to say it was doing in the 2.7k-3.5k range per hit on chase, which is still a solid 24kish extra half the time, so nothing to sneeze at. I think it was around 6k per hit on his USB. Fast cast makes it hard to really compare. I know I left at least one bar on the table in Bartz though.

And yes, that's Dorgann's earth armor.

Damage just seems higher than calculator is reporting, even with factoring in the Earth+ armor...ah, maybe 2 Imperil stacks? No, still higher. I'm still only seeing chase hits of 1.7k.

Don't sweat it if you weren't planning on running it tomorrow, I'm just trying to resolve math for my own run, since my Hydra team is slow as shit because of my pitiful earth options.
    Aegis wrote: »
    Experimenting I need to do: I have noticed, on Liquid Flame, I have been having Faris Wrath twice at the start so she could go into BSB and so both Wraths would be done before I Not Shout. And then I avoid as much as possible from pressing Wrath, so she can do more damage.

At which point I wonder: should Wrath just be literally anything else? Like, say, an ability that deals damage? I guess it would need 6 uses since I'd spam it early on, or she could attack a couple times. Once she BSBs, she's largely self-sufficient from Sapphire Shots & BSB Commands.

I still don't know why you're bringing Faris at all. You can do better than 7k/turn with gimpy NE BSB commands with any random Monk and there has to be a better Sharpshooter candidate for however long those hones hold out.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    So I looked a bit closer at Shadow Dragon's moveset, and it looks like you don't necessarily need Wall during his first phase. He uses a weak physical attack, a gravity attack and a piercing attack before doing the ST auto-hit KO, and those are his only attacks until you knock him down below 80%. Unfortunately he will do the auto-KO turn 4 and also turn 8 if you haven't gotten him out of that first phase by then. A pretty strange fight, and I'll have to contemplate how to approach it. I have decent holy options with Agrias (aura SSB + OSB) and Orlandeau (BSB) and might have more by the time that fight unlocks. I might also have more options for healing by then, though the only one I think that would be truly useful would be Yuna's USB.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    So I looked a bit closer at Shadow Dragon's moveset, and it looks like you don't necessarily need Wall during his first phase. He uses a weak physical attack, a gravity attack and a piercing attack before doing the ST auto-hit KO, and those are his only attacks until you knock him down below 80%. Unfortunately he will do the auto-KO turn 4 and also turn 8 if you haven't gotten him out of that first phase by then. A pretty strange fight, and I'll have to contemplate how to approach it. I have decent holy options with Agrias (aura SSB + OSB) and Orlandeau (BSB) and might have more by the time that fight unlocks. I might also have more options for healing by then, though the only one I think that would be truly useful would be Yuna's USB.

Someone's sub30 setup which can skip Black Fang with one doublecast: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/690yxe/jp_insanity_shadow_dragon_clear_298s/dh2t85q/

So it's definitely possible.

Also sounds like you can just Prot only for phase 1 and be fine if you were stuck with Reraise/Arise, which is easier to rebuff than the Wall cast. You have to be careful to get ProShell and Wall up in time or Phase 2 will probably immediately explode you, though.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I still don't know why you're bringing Faris at all. You can do better than 7k/turn with gimpy NE BSB commands with any random Monk and there has to be a better Sharpshooter candidate for however long those hones hold out.

I find 7k a turn to be reasonable for a non-elemental attack? And she deals more damage than Laguna with Sharpshooter because Faris is 535 ATK while Laguna barely breaks 400.

Unless you can provide me video of a sub-430 ATK monk providing more than 150,000 damage over the course of the fight, which is the minimum that Faris is providing since her BSB & USB (which she casts 4 of over the course of the fight) are both dealing ~20k entries on top of 4 uses of 15-16k Sapphire Shots.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular

Someone's sub30 setup which can skip Black Fang with one doublecast: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/690yxe/jp_insanity_shadow_dragon_clear_298s/dh2t85q/

Also sounds like you can just Prot only for phase 1 and be fine if you were stuck with Reraise/Arise, which is easier to rebuff than the Wall cast. You have to be careful to get ProShell and Wall up in time or Phase 2 will probably immediately explode you, though.

The good thing about this clear is it's a sub30 clear. If you don't care about trying for sub30, you can push out a bit more damage rather than bringing a double Entruster.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    9 mythril left after my failed Bartz chase. Hopefully the LD will be true to the name!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    1x11
    Nabaat BSB

Because I don't have enough mage imperil dark garbage.

Eat shit, lucky draws.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I am a simple man, I see lucky draw, I make a pull
    2/11
    Hope BSB
    Squall USB?? da fuk

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    4/11 no disco

Zell SSB - Ehrgeiz
    Sazh SSB - Canopus AMPs
    Mustadio SSB - Mythril Gun
    Seifer SSB - Seifer's Gloves

Well I did ask for my roster to be expanded so that's four more people with at least one relic.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    2/11 - both 5*

Hope SSB
    Fang SSB

So that's an 0/4 for wants :(

I now have, for XIII, this:

Lightning: Unique
    Snow: SSB, Unique
    Vanille: SSB
    Sazh: SSB, Unique
    Serah: SSB, Unique
    Cid Raines: SSB, SSB2, LMR
    Noel: SSB
    Hope: SSB
    Nabaat: nada
    Fang: SSB, BSB

Literally SSB for every character but two, and a grand total of 1 thing above that. How does that even happen.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    1/11 - Irvine's Blind/Slow SSB.

Pbbbbbbbbbt.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    3/11

Gaff's SSB
    Serah SSB
    Rinoa BSB2 (nice prize).

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    5/11: Lightning OSB, Raines OSB (dupe), Snow SSB, Vanille SSB, Raijin SSB

I don't have much of anything for Lightning, so I'm not sure I'll be getting much use out of that OSB any time soon. Still nice to have and an overall incredible pull. Very happy to pick up Raijin's SSB.

• Options

I find 7k a turn to be reasonable for a non-elemental attack? And she deals more damage than Laguna with Sharpshooter because Faris is 535 ATK while Laguna barely breaks 400.

Unless you can provide me video of a sub-430 ATK monk providing more than 150,000 damage over the course of the fight, which is the minimum that Faris is providing since her BSB & USB (which she casts 4 of over the course of the fight) are both dealing ~20k entries on top of 4 uses of 15-16k Sapphire Shots.
    7k/turn is bad because any arbitrary monk or ninja should put out 10k with either Piercing Strike or Phantasm if you're buffing that way.

I don't know why sub-430 ATK is your arbitrary cutoff considering most monks have about 30+ ATK over Faris naturally.

I have video of Prishe doing somewhere in the neighborhood of 180k over the course of 1:03 on Hydra which has basically comparable defenses to Liquid Flame. Given that Hydra has slightly lower health, presumably her damage on Liquid Flame would be higher (assuming hones held, it was admittedly getting a little close) and that's with me fatfingering and missing her combo finisher.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    All right, let's see what sad disappointment DeNA is saddling me with this time.

S8I60FSl.png

...I...okay, could still get something.

7tP8jlzl.png

fuck off DeNA

*throws phone*

1/11: Orlandeau SSB

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    3/11: Hope's Hawkeye #3, Fujin BSB, Raines OSB

Daaaaang, that's a really good pull for not having any ice relics or Lightning stuff. Fujin BSB might be the single most appreciated non-ice thing in the realm I could have gotten (my VIII CM-style teams have multiple mage boosts and need a Protectga carrier), and the OSB will get used as a finisher at least occasionally since I have The Claw from a previous lucky. Too bad the Torment absorbs wind. Maybe the non-elemental component will still make the 200 CM doable...

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    1/11 raijin bsb

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Welp here we go

3/11: Laguna BSB, Snow BSB, Laguna SSB2. No dupes!

Two Imperils for Laguna isn't too shabby, especially since I had 0 relics for him. Snow BSB also works for the Ice Team. Good day for ice and lightning teams!

Enkindler continues to elude.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular

Very interesting, though I do not have Orlandeau OSB or anything useful for Beatrix (Rose of May is not useful). I do have Agrias with everything except her BSB and Orlandeau with his SSB + BSB, so I could theoretically make this work with some alterations. The lack of imperil holy is rather a bother, though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2017
    lmao, and that's why I do these (both are new)

nAWSZ1o.png

A duck! on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Some good pulls in here tonight.
    Jragghen wrote: »

I now have, for XIII, this:

Lightning: Unique
    Snow: SSB, Unique
    Vanille: SSB
    Sazh: SSB, Unique
    Serah: SSB, Unique
    Cid Raines: SSB, SSB2, LMR
    Hope: SSB
    Nabaat: nada
    Fang: SSB, BSB

Have you ever pulled XIII? I have pulled once on one banner for it but I have:

Lightning: SSB
    Snow: LMR
    Vanille: Unique, SSB
    Sazh: BSB
    Serah: SSB, BSB
    Cid Raines: 6*BSB OSB
    Hope: 6* BSB
    Nabaat: BSB
    Fang: -

This is part of the reason why I don't like lucky draws, they are almost always XIII now and I have way too much synergy here to want to pull. Ditto Tactics. I do need 8 junk but its pretty unlikely. All future dungeon updates are FFT XIII XIV XV and then they finish VI V VIII. Then X-2 and VII spin offs start. Would love to get some for I, II, IV. Stupid poor planning DENA.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

7k/turn is bad because any arbitrary monk or ninja should put out 10k with either Piercing Strike or Phantasm if you're buffing that way.

I don't know why sub-430 ATK is your arbitrary cutoff considering most monks have about 30+ ATK over Faris naturally.

I have video of Prishe doing somewhere in the neighborhood of 180k over the course of 1:03 on Hydra which has basically comparable defenses to Liquid Flame. Given that Hydra has slightly lower health, presumably her damage on Liquid Flame would be higher (assuming hones held, it was admittedly getting a little close) and that's with me fatfingering and missing her combo finisher.

Yda can apparently use Swords, which brings her above 500 ATK (thanks inventory of 6* swords), so I'll give this a try (since I have her BSB) as it'll at least be something new for experimentation.

Incidentally, Liquid Flame clear down to 1.12. Putting Affliction Break on Faris instead of Wrath gave her more immediate damage. As expected, though, the last 3 Liquid Flame kills have been:

Salamander
    Salamander
    Salamander

Because of course.

Characters
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    A steak! wrote: »

nAWSZ1o.png

As someone who got that exact same pull some time ago, I highly recommend it.

Probably you don't need do dive her for access to Chain Biora, but getting 4* White might be nice.

Enlong on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2017
    Enlong wrote: »
    A steak! wrote: »

As someone who got that exact same pull some time ago, I highly recommend it.

Probably you don't need do dive her for access to Chain Biora, but getting 4* White might be nice.

I'll give her the 4* mote stuff, probably. I actually have Edgar's Chainsaw, which means I have about 3/4ths of the relevant Poison relics. WHEN POISON CSB, DENA?

A duck! on
  • Options
    Alt account went 3/11: Laguna BSB, Quistis BSB, Raines OSB.

Funny how I have both BSBs on the main account, I figured I wouldn't see too much duplication.

Also, I kind of wanted Raines OSB for the main as that's the one piece I don't have (never intentionally pulled for him but I have all his stuff sans OSB, go figure). Oh well, a good pull for the other account!

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Sazh SSB/11

For all you getting bad pulls look at the bright side this could of been you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    1/11 - Lightning SSB (dupe)

:|

Characters
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Having something of a crisis of faith with this game. But I'll at least spend on this lucky. Drop myself to 0 again, but whatever.

edit:

2/11. 1 disco ball

Ovelia's BSB: Heart's Lament

Ramza's USB: History's Truth

God damn. That's quite the get.

Enlong on
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    2/11, Zell SSB and Mustadio pentabreak SSB.

No dupes, but still meh.

Son's account: 3/11

Ovelia BSB
    Rinoa BSB2
    Fujin BSB

ROFL

• Options
    Party Instantcast is the light.

Characters
  • Options
    History's Truth is good stuff, nice get indeed!

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    2/11
    Snow Entrench SSB - not amazing but will potentially see use as gauge overflow in Torment / JS / Materia dungeons given I have Snow's BSB
    Rinoa Wishing Star SSB - Five magic NE attacks to random targets?? HOW IS THIS AN SSB? That's unique quality crap right there.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Ramza's USB is so good that I basically never use anything else anymore. Use USB, wrath/entrust, wrath up another USB.

• Options
    The only reason I'm not using Ramza USB in Magicites is that I kind of need the Hastega. And then I still try and see if I can't fit Ramza onto the team.

Characters
  • Options
    I'm already using him on some teams for Shout + Wrath/Entrust, so this can work out nicely. Or he could just use the USB by itself, and I can RW Shout. It's a significant boon for various teams, that's for sure.

Meanwhile, Ovelia... the burst will be nice the next time FFT Torment rolls around. Other than that, I believe that Larsa's BSB outclasses it, sad to say. Maybe if I get her LMR when it comes out...

• Options
    Plus, now Ramza can do something for you for mage teams! He does everything.

Characters
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Having something of a crisis of faith with this game. But I'll at least spend on this lucky. Drop myself to 0 again, but whatever.

edit:

2/11. 1 disco ball

Ovelia's BSB: Heart's Lament

Ramza's USB: History's Truth

God damn. That's quite the get.
    Damn. Congrats. At least someone has to feel good, I guess.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.