As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The second new dungeon has Red Giant as the final boss, and I just accidentally pressed Auto.

Someone kill me. He's talking me to death.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    rattletrap wrote: »
    2/11
    Snow Entrench SSB - not amazing but will potentially see use as gauge overflow in Torment / JS / Materia dungeons given I have Snow's BSB
    Rinoa Wishing Star SSB - Five magic NE attacks to random targets?? HOW IS THIS AN SSB? That's unique quality crap right there.

What they don't mention is that it lets you ride a dog as a surfboard.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    3/11. Nabaat BSB, Chant, and Ovelia's Protect/Shell/HP Stock.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Some good pulls in here tonight.
    Jragghen wrote: »

I now have, for XIII, this:

Lightning: Unique
    Snow: SSB, Unique
    Vanille: SSB
    Sazh: SSB, Unique
    Serah: SSB, Unique
    Cid Raines: SSB, SSB2, LMR
    Noel: SSB
    Hope: SSB
    Nabaat: nada
    Fang: SSB, BSB

Have you ever pulled XIII?

Yep!

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hey! Sealion!
    dySkcyU.jpg?1

History will remember today as the day I kicked your ass in 29 seconds! And that will always be the truth!

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Eeergh. I can get down to 33 seconds on Bismarck. So close!

If Kain's USB were out, and I had it, I'd be able to pull this off, no problem at all.

If I hadn't just honed Quake Strike to R3, I could swing another entrust. Hmph.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh hey, upcoming event has Paladin Cecil as an unlockable.

I remember that event the first time it came and how you had to clear that entire fucking mountain to even unlock the encounter you needed to bring Cecil to if you wanted to unlock Paladin Cecil.

Yeah, I remember that.

I recall that I just barely beat Decil on top of the mountain, after a mythril refresh.

Also, that was the weird period of the game's history when events replaced certain story dungeons. We still don't have Mount Ordeals in the main story dungeons.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hey! Sealion!
    dySkcyU.jpg?1

History will remember today as the day I kicked your ass in 29 seconds! And that will always be the truth!

Awesome. Ramza's brand new USB got you over the top?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    2/11

Snow BSB and Mustadio BSB. The latter being a dupe. God dammit, another gun

And Snow. Dammit Snow. I wanted Lightning's stuff not yours. Oh well, at least the stat stick is Light Armour + Ice Boosting. Very nice piece of gear, that. I'm shifting towards light armours in general as I'll damage cap without using bracers regardless on 'normal' content and with the higher level stuff like difficulty 200 or torments or magicite dungeons, I'll want the extra def/res over using bracers for a tiny 5-7 Atk boost when I'm going to soft cap any how. It's not every day that I complain about getting BSBs, but Lightning's USB at the very least would be a significant boost in her power levels.

And Ice boosting... Squall, you got your standard armour now. Mind the smell.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Did my DU draws.

Emulator: 1/11 - Ovelia BSB

Phone: 1/11 - Irvine slow/blind SSB

Two 1/11 draws, which in the past would have likely been 0/11. So thanks G5, at least I got something. Ovelia's BSB isn't bad, and I think puts her in 4th place in my healing lineup behind Eiko (USB), Relm (BSB) and Yuna (stock HP SSB + USB), and ahead of Aerith (BSB + USB). Should be quite helpful when the Crystal Tower party locking shenanigans start happening. Irvine's SSB clocks in as my 3rd most powerful gun in FF8 (technically tied for 2nd) next to a 5+ Laguna gun and a 5* Laguna gun. I have a lot of guns for FF8.

Not completely happy with those draws, but both were new one is potentially useful. I would like to stop getting 1/11 draws though, my last 3 draws between the two accounts have been 1/11, and I haven't beaten 2/11 in quite some time (I think the last festival). On the other hand, I didn't get a dupe Cardinal like one of my friends did, so it could have been worse.

steam_sig.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    2/11 with one disco

Seifer's Reverse Zantetsuken, which is fun to have from a nostalgia perspective but won't ever get used.

And Fujin's OSB, which is hilariously awesome. I have her BSB and her LMR, but not her En-Wind SSB. Still, with an Entrust bot I bet I can rip off a bunch of awesome tornadoes in the first 25 seconds of a fight now.

True story, her OSB is a blue ice colored throwing weapon. I legit thought I'd pulled Rinoa's Ice Chain, I was so happy. Ah well.

Rius on
    edited September 2017
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hey! Sealion!
    dySkcyU.jpg?1

Awesome. Ramza's brand new USB got you over the top?

Just so.

I was trying it with Raijin's Aura, but he couldn't quite use it often enough to get me there. Ramza was able to Wrath up his USB quickly, and it providing a second layer of MAG boost freed Terra up to carry Mako Might instead of Scholar's Boon, so she could roll out faster.

Team was:

Onion: Entrust R1, Wrath | Battleforged
    Terra: Meltdown, Firaga | Mako Might | Fire Beam, Scorching Flames
    Mog: Shellga, Curaja | Dr Mog's Teachings | Love Serenade
    Tyro: Entrust R2, Wrath | Gathering Storm
    Ramza: Phantasm (actually got used once, for all the 4000 damage it did, lol), Wrath | Battleforged | History's Truth
    Primary Magicite: Mom Bomb

Once things got rolling, Onion and Tyro were using Wrath or Entrust every turn, with them kind of alternating who was Entrusting to Terra on any given turn. That was fast enough that she only had to spend her turn on Meltdown once, before the Imperil Fire went up.

Enlong on
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Ramza with Shout + USB features in basically every team I've run for the last six months. Some people have been wondering what they're going to do for three teams in Crystal Tower after they've used catgirl, I'm wondering what I'm going to do after I've spent Ramza.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Ramza with Shout + USB features in basically every team I've run for the last six months. Some people have been wondering what they're going to do for three teams in Crystal Tower after they've used catgirl, I'm wondering what I'm going to do after I've spent Ramza.

That's easy. Use my other shout. Then my sage shout. Then my OK-BSB analog. Or my other sage shout.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'm pretty set for mixed parties. Sadly, I don't have Tyro's version of Wall, but I do have his BSB which makes a lot of content easier to handle, particularly if the boss is magic heavy. Wrathable Magic Blinks for those bosses will be a key strategy to winning. Come Thursday, I'm hoping to pull Rosa's USB which should make her the third lynchpin for another easy team.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

ArcTangent wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »

That's easy. Use my other shout. Then my sage shout. Then my OK-BSB analog. Or my other sage shout.

I have Sheepsong for other hastegas, and that's it. Must be nice to have so many good options!

(The actual answer is Tyro and Yshtola are each going to carry a party with Wall, and I'll just RW Shout, but still.)

I wish I had more call to use Sheepsong.

It's just that Love Serenade is so good.

edited September 2017
    I feel like I have a good split for Crystal Tower.

Vanille BSB, Ramza SSB, Celes BSB1, Physical, Physical
    Y'shtola BSB, Ayame SSB, Minfilia SSB, Physical, Physical
    Penelo BSB, Rikku USB, Mage, Mage, Mage
    Larsa SSB(??), Fran SSBs, Garnet BSB2, Mage/Physical, Mage/Physical
    Selphie SSB(??), Serah SSB, Rapha BSB, Faris BSB, Mage
    and just RW 5 Walls

That's 3 Healer BSBs + Larsa for healing.
    Ramza, Ayame, Rikku, Larsa, and Serah as my hastegas.
    Ramza, Minfilia , Rikku, Fran, Faris are support/dancers
    Ramza 50% ATK+Celes 30% ATK/MAG for party 1
    Minfilia 50% ATK for party 2
    Penelo 15% MAG/MND+Rikku 30% ATK/MAG for party 3
    Garnet 30% ATK/MAG for party 4
    Serah 30% MAG/MND+Rapha 30% MAG/RES for party 5

Parties 4 and 5 have the weakest healing so Rapha and Garnet can pitch in as necessary.

And then split up Lightning, Prishe, Refia, Yuffie/Bartz/Agrias/Lion/Orlandeau for my physical slots and Rinoa, Quistis, and Krile/Shantotto/Nabaat/Fujin for my mages. Anyone who can bargain should go to party 4 preferentially.

This is without dipping into my reserves. I could egg up Mog BSB primarily but haven't felt the need to yet. Maybe I should to help party 4...

If elemental fuckery forces some rearranging there's still some flexibility left but this looks good.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Crystal tower only locks characters right? We get the equipment and skills back?

Lucky draw:
    1/11 - Laguna imperil ice SSB

Not nearly as good as I was hoping, but my ice team is in pretty sad shape at the moment, so I'll take it.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    3/11!

Dupe Gaffgarion burst. Sazh and Quistis SSB. While nothing game changing, I'm happy to get two new soul breaks!

edited September 2017
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Crystal tower only locks characters right? We get the equipment and skills back?
    I -think- so.

Wait fuck you need 5 parties. Ugh, I need to rearrange the above, one sec.

edit: there we go

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I thought Crystal Tower was RW Wall only.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    2/11: Squall BSB2 (very nice but dupe) and Fang BSB.

Thunder God continues to go relic-less and Lightning BSB2 continues to elude me. Hopefully the latter is on one of the festival banners.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Fart, dupe fujin super and dupe sazh super. Oh well.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Hrm I do think that your RW choice for Crystal Tower is limited to Dr. Mog and his version of Wall. Which is really a kick in the pants when one of the bosses (Squall) is immune to breaks and has all piercing attacks.

steam_sig.png
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Hrm I do think that your RW choice for Crystal Tower is limited to Dr. Mog and his version of Wall. Which is really a kick in the pants when one of the bosses (Squall) is immune to breaks and has all piercing attacks.

Wait what?

This is what the write-up I'm looking at has:
    Crystal Tower ~Demon Lord's Advent~

In this challenge event, players will face five bosses on different levels of the Crystal Tower:

FFIII Xande (Brave Synergy for FFI-II-III)
    FFVIII Tonberry King (Brave Synergy for FFVII-VIII-IX)
    FFVI Omega Weapon (Brave Synergy for FFIV-V-VI)
    FFXIII Alexander (Brave Synergy for XIII-XIV-XV-Type0)
    FFXII Hashmal (Brave Synergy for X-XI-XII-Tactics)

Each boss will have different RS, but Core characters will always have Brave Synergy. You cannot exit the Crystal Tower once you start challenging it, so please be prepared to clear it all in one go.

Reaching the top of the tower will let you challenge the FFI's final boss Chaos, with Brave Synergy unlocked for all realms. However, you can only challenge Chaos with a party from the 25 characters you have selected before hand for the Gatekeepers, so please plan well.

Additionally, Crystal Tower will have a Classic and Elite version. The Elite version will unlock on 01/05.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    It actually bugs me that there's no LMRs in this DU Lucky. Why does Global always have to be a worse version of Japan's game, rather than just different.

And the pull!

2/11: No discos. Quistis SSB2 (Hastega and Quickcast 3), and Serah SSB1 (AoE Non-elem and Slow). Old garbage SBs.

And I'm miserable and sick with anxiety again. Thanks game! That was really necessary! No rest for the wicked, eh?

edited September 2017
    FEST Crystal Tower (beta) is any RW. It's 5 floors plus the final boss. None of which are direct repeats of previous bosses. At least not any moreso than the regular repeating.

Two months after that, REGULAR Crystal Tower begins, which is a recap/repeat of the last month's A+ bosses with no changes whatsoever. It's always been four so far. Only RW allowed for that is Dr Mog's wall.

https://xn--ffrk-8i9hs14f.gamematome.jp/game/780/wiki/クリスタルタワー

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    1/11
    Fujin's bsb

I guess I'm fine with that.

Oh hell, there are two versions of Crystal Tower? Oof I am going to be scraping the barrel for healers, though I'm not sure what difficulty level the beta version is at. I know the later version where you are restricted to Dr. Mog's RW is all Apoc+ bosses.

steam_sig.png
    And I'm miserable and sick with anxiety again. Thanks game! That was really necessary! No rest for the wicked, eh?
    hi5 miserable and sick buddy!

I'm not allowed to pull any more until fest or else I can't afford the luckies.

The fest banners actually look okay too, there's a LOT of shit I missed that I want that are on there and there are a couple banners I almost have to pull on for CM/magicite purposes.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    As if there was any doubt, every single phase (except Phase 1 Defense/Evade) of Ixion's 4* Magicite Fight, has two of his four moves with a Dispel attached (one single target, one AOE).

To compensate, he is only 60% resistant to Breaks instead of the standard 80%. :rotate:

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    2/11: Shout (dupe) and Marach SSB, which is...a thing for CMs. I suppose that it'll at least stack with Cleansing Strike. If only Marach's ability access wasn't complete ass.

edited September 2017
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Oh hell, there are two versions of Crystal Tower? Oof I am going to be scraping the barrel for healers, though I'm not sure what difficulty level the beta version is at. I know the later version where you are restricted to Dr. Mog's RW is all Apoc+ bosses.

The fest ones are all marked at 140, except Chaos (the last one) which is 220.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J441tUvhGQ

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    So, I pulled everything but Bartz's BSB3 and LMR and Galuf's enFire from banner 1. Took six or seven pulls, but I went from no useful V synergy to being DPS/Support topheavy.

And then I tried a 100 gem, 'cause why not, and pulled Batz's LMR. And just now a 100 gem on banner 2, and here's Bartz's OSB.

You don't have to yell at me, game, I'm already going to Legend Dive Bartz when I get 5 more 4* dex motes. (But seriously, wtf.)

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Lucky draw pull! 2/11 with a disco! Raijin's BSB and Squall USB! By the gods game I get it! You want me to use all the Spellblades! I will do my best but I would like a little variety. Raijin BSB is exciting as its a toy I have wanted to play with for a while now. I have no idea how to use it properly, but I guess I can figure it out now. Unclear if or how this changes things for my lightning team.

This month is going to be interminable waiting for Lucky Draws and Fest banners. Such a long time to go without pulling at all.

This month is going to be interminable waiting for Lucky Draws and Fest banners. Such a long time to go without pulling at all.

I'm just going to go to bed tonight pretending that I really drew Metsu+Moonfrost Arrows+Heart's Lament.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.