As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What time does PAX start and finish?

pinkninjapinkninja Registered User regular
Hi guys,
I was wondering what time PAX starts each day and does it go into the night? What was the general timetable last year? Hope you can help,
Thanks!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    PAX Show Hours: (this is everything at PAX other than the Expo Hall)
    Friday, 27th October 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
    Saturday, 28th October 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
    Sunday, 29th October 10:00 am – 6:00 pm

Expo Hall Hours:
    Friday, 27th October 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
    Saturday, 28th October 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
    Sunday, 29th October 10:00 am – 6:00 pm

• Options
    pinkninjapinkninja Registered User regular
    Thanks Zerzhul, Im a bit unsure about the difference between Pax Show hours and Expo Hall. What happens in the Show hours? And also what happens in Expo Hall hours? Will there still be heaps of things to do all day? I also heard there would be concerts at night, do you know if that is happening? And for my son especially, will there be an Overwatch tournament that he could watch? Thanks so much for your info..

• Options
    If you take a look here: http://aus.paxsite.com/features you will see the different parts of PAX. The Expo Hall Hours refer primarily to the Exhibit Hall, and may also apply to things like PAX Rising and the PAX Arena, depending on where they are located within the convention.

The schedule of events should be released next month most likely, and it will have a list of all the heaps of things to do all day. There are definitely loads and loads of things to do that are not restricted by the Expo hours.

For whatever reason, I can't find the 2016 guide, but here's a link to the 2015 PAX Aus guide so you can see examples of some of the things going on. This isn't a comprehensive list, as much of pax is "freeplay" areas where you can simply go to play a game on your own or with others.

• Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The Exhibit Hall generally has the computer related stuff. Other things such as panels, tabletop, concerts follow general pax hours.

• Options
    That's not entirely true, though. PC Freeplay, Console Freeplay, Classic Console, and BYOC all follow show hours.

• Options
    PDP11PDP11 Registered User regular
    Nearly correct. BYOC passes allow entrance into the BYOC area (only) at 9:00am on Friday.