As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited September 2017 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Clan Update (Sept. 9, 2017): Bungie's new clan portals have rolled out, and we have three separate clan pages (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @SniperGuy (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice (on PS4, add yourself to the bottom of the blue-labeled Waitlist section). Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. Note that clans will be a bit more of a walled garden in D2 - because the 100-member cap will remain, we're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread. General policy is to boot for inactivity after a few months, and our plan is to enter D2 with a group of active Arcadians on each platform. (Note that the PS4 clan is full-up at 100 as of this writing. Because some members have carried over from D1 but may not plan to be active for D2, we will perform an inactivity check after a couple of weeks to make room for new members if possible.)
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

PS4 Overflow Clans
On PS4, Pax Arcadia's waitlist has been growing pretty steadily since launch. If you're on that list and are looking to escape from no-clan purgatory and reap some weekly clan rewards, might I suggest joining either our overflow clan or the SE++ subforum's clan? There's a lot of overlap between PA and these other clans, and if you're on the waitlist, I'll still let you know if your spot comes up.
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.
DestinyDB: Item lists and tons of info.

mfua5ptrphdo.png

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    Said it right before the old thread died, but man. Nightfall design changes are so good. Keeps effort and tension without resorting to peeking your head out of cover for a shot and then hiding like the old ones. Great stuff.

PSN: corporateshill
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Speaking of Nightfalls, I just opened them. So I'll definitely be down for some NF's this weekend, especially to get the weekly done.

As far as the campaign...
    I'm really glad I don't come to Destiny for a real solid single player story experience...because blah. It's certainly better than the Destiny 1 campaign which was a mess...but this campaign still suffers from so many of the same issues. Bad pacing, strange leaps forward in the story, story beats that appear and then are never really fulfilled. They didn't really dig deep in to any of the meat of what the hell is going on. What is the Traveler? Why did it explode like that? How is it "alive" all the sudden? It seems pretty clear by looking inside the shell it's a machine. Did the Vanguard get their light back too? What happened to the Speaker? It's not a bad campaign, just not very satisfying. It has some moments but it doesn't wrap up well.

Ah well. The rest of the game is turning out great. I'm enjoying the tweaks to the end game loop and the way loot works seems a lot more sane this time around. Nice steady flow of new stuff.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    My first exotic engram was a fucking coldheart.

I am not remotely amused.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused about strikes. Is there no way to choose them directly? Are there no story-ish leadups? I just did a couple (finished the campaign earlier) and it drops you in with people saying things that imply I missed part of a conversation or something?

Or are they just that abrupt?

EDIT: Also sparrows
    are you seriously not supposed to get them till after the campaign, or did I just miss something painfully obvious and do the whole thing the hard way?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    First Mercy of Destiny 2 (from last night):
    6c9YHU4.jpg

Thanks to Ben and Volteage, first game I had a fireteam going (and both of their first games in D2 Crucible).

My general advice for Crucible in D2 is that Guardians that stay together, win together. Just a general consequence of the fact you don't have OHKO special weapons anymore as a force leveller and the general dynamic changes from 6v6 to 4v4, good team play is king.

Seen so many pub teams where everyone yolo's off in a separate direction getting completely rofl stomped by teams that understand the dealio.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Subclass question
    I was out doing side quests so as to reach level 15 and carry on with the main story; I got a broken shard for my 3rd subclass (just after having done 2 public events) so decided I would try grind it out.

It seemed to be much slower and didn't seem to matter which planet I went to, to level up the broken shard. In fact I hit 20 before filling the bar.

I'm just wondering if I was doing something wrong for when I do this with another class.

I could have done the last subclass quest last night, but truth be told I was shattered and thought I'd appreciate it more when in a better frame of mind

That is this evening's aim, as well as finishing the main questline off and getting "gud" gear

PSN Fleety2009
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    So nightfall stuff has no pugs? I'll have to join some of you guys on the weekend to do it then

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Yeah, I really enjoyed the changes to nightfall, it's not easy but it's much better than the hide in the corner with Icebreaker nightfalls of Destiny 1

PSN- AHermano
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    So the way exotics work is you can only wear one at a time right?

Don't make me choose!

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    So the way exotics work is you can only wear one at a time right?

Don't make me choose!

1 exotic armor and 1 exotic weapon at the same time.

RE: sparrows
    If you hit level 20 before you finish the campaign, you can get sparrows from the Bright Engrams you earn or buy from Tess and use them immediately, otherwise you have to wait until you finish the campaign to get one normally.

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    My first exotic engram was a fucking coldheart.

I am not remotely amused.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused about strikes. Is there no way to choose them directly? Are there no story-ish leadups? I just did a couple (finished the campaign earlier) and it drops you in with people saying things that imply I missed part of a conversation or something?

Or are they just that abrupt?

EDIT: Also sparrows
    are you seriously not supposed to get them till after the campaign, or did I just miss something painfully obvious and do the whole thing the hard way?
    I got one precampaign completion by a lucky eververse engram. but yeah I think it's an after campaign unlock, usually

jCyyTSo.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Subclass question
    I was out doing side quests so as to reach level 15 and carry on with the main story; I got a broken shard for my 3rd subclass (just after having done 2 public events) so decided I would try grind it out.

It seemed to be much slower and didn't seem to matter which planet I went to, to level up the broken shard. In fact I hit 20 before filling the bar.

I'm just wondering if I was doing something wrong for when I do this with another class.

I could have done the last subclass quest last night, but truth be told I was shattered and thought I'd appreciate it more when in a better frame of mind

That is this evening's aim, as well as finishing the main questline off and getting "gud" gear

i didn't really pay attention to time but
    the second one didn't seem to take appreciably longer to unlock for me.

planet doesn't matter

it goes quickest by doing public events but i think you fill the bar any time you are fighting with other guardians in the area

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Mentioned it at the end of the last thread, but want to share my pain again. Infused a 288 Riskrunner into my 276 Midi Mini and ended up with a 276 Midi Mini. Sadface.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Of my first three exotics engrams, I got two duplicates of the void exotic pulse I chose.

Classic Destiny!

Wassermelone on
  • CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Of my first three exotics engrams, I got two duplicates of the void exotic pulse I chose.

Classic Destiny!

More like Destiny 1.5... amirite?! :D

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    anyone up and roughly 140 light? I need a hand doing a strike for an exotic quest related to failsafe, maybe others are also on this quest?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    First crucible match - gotta love newbies.

lwygip1rm19a.jpg

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    anyone up and roughly 140 light? I need a hand doing a strike for an exotic quest related to failsafe, maybe others are also on this quest?

Wish I was on ps4 I'd help you. I can tell you though spoilers for general quest stuff,

It is soloable as the thing you need doesn't come from the last boss, though there is a nasty like hack objective type thing that might wipe you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So I'm sure it's literally just me who's the dumb, but everyone else knows you can shoot the middle of a phalanx shield to have the shield drop all together? I just noticed that last night and they went from being the more annoying enemy to kill to one of the easier ones.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    So I'm sure it's literally just me who's the dumb, but everyone else knows you can shoot the middle of a phalanx shield to have the shield drop all together? I just noticed that last night and they went from being the more annoying enemy to kill to one of the easier ones.

You mean the big glowing "Please don't shoot here" light? Yeah... shoot it.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Classic Destiny!

you mean you got free legendary shards!

Celian wrote: »

seems like a serious design flaw to me, but i'm not telling the cabal armory

Chanus wrote: »
    Celian wrote: »

seems like a serious design flaw to me, but i'm not telling the cabal armory

Well clearly the shields were designed by Galen Erso.

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    going after some crucible challenges with @Luarithae and @Huggles , and this is how I got my shutdown...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGCMSspLTJc

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Gosh I'm bad at crucible in this. I'm particularly bad at using the arcstrider super. To the point where if I kill anyone before I die with it I'm happy

And I'm ecstatic if I don't die while using it. Like my kd while using my super has to be like .25

I'm not even exaggerating. Getting 5 kills with it took like 10 matches. It was like the invective quest.

616610-1.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Maybe by destiny 4 I'll finally be good with warlock blink.

What is this I don't even.
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Gosh I'm bad at crucible in this. I'm particularly bad at using the arcstrider super. To the point where if I kill anyone before I die with it I'm happy

And I'm ecstatic if I don't die while using it. Like my kd while using my super has to be like .25

I'm not even exaggerating. Getting 5 kills with it took like 10 matches. It was like the invective quest.

i'm having an issue with the striker super where i just can't see where i'm going or what i'm doing because of the way the third person camera zooms kind of 3/4 over top of you

i lose my bearings really quickly and end up just kind of flailing around

i haven't played my hunter yet, so i dunno if the problem there is similar, but the third person camera in D2 seems different from D1s slightly, but just enough to be disorienting

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

i'm having an issue with the striker super where i just can't see where i'm going or what i'm doing because of the way the third person camera zooms kind of 3/4 over top of you

i lose my bearings really quickly and end up just kind of flailing around

i haven't played my hunter yet, so i dunno if the problem there is similar, but the third person camera in D2 seems different from D1s slightly, but just enough to be disorienting

This is how I feel about Titan subclasses now
    cbpxame78xyf.jpg

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Maybe by destiny 4 I'll finally be good with warlock blink.

i practiced blink jumping in D1 pretty much all week in preparation for D2 because i really just wanted an excuse to play destiny last week due to too much hype in my bones but

anyway i still suck at it

• LuarithaeLuarithae Registered User regular
    Last word on the Speaker
    I wondered about that, but I was hoping something more of a dead reason than getting unhanged as ceremonial breaking the mask can be

They are dead...you..are..not...
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

Classic Destiny!

Yeah but that's not exciting! More exotics!

Classic Destiny!

Yeah but that's not exciting! More exotics!

no you misunderstand

it is exciting else why would they make it work that way?

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Beat the campaign at 20 LL 217. Moving on the Strikes and whatnot now. I hope they get the clan stuff running soon.

@GMaster7 - What are we using for primary communication with the Clan right now? Discord? Is there a PSN Chatroom? The Guild chat on the app seems very quiet and not very active. I was trying to find some strike buddies last night and outside of individually PMs there wasn't a great option.

Fresh 20, Bright Loots! 160 Sparrow and Exotic Ship!
    0fv1k8j3xo1w.png
    siju2qs3mwc4.png

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Hmm, can you be in more than one clan at a time?

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Not to my knowledge. I think you'd have to have different bungie accounts for your Xbox/PC/PS4.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    Echo wrote: »

yes

just buy the game for more than one system and then be in a clan on each system so easy

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Beat the campaign at 20 LL 217. Moving on the Strikes and whatnot now. I hope they get the clan stuff running soon.

GMaster7 - What are we using for primary communication with the Clan right now? Discord? Is there a PSN Chatroom? The Guild chat on the app seems very quiet and not very active. I was trying to find some strike buddies last night and outside of individually PMs there wasn't a great option.

0fv1k8j3xo1w.png
    siju2qs3mwc4.png

Ooh I want that ship

PSN- AHermano
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »

GMaster7 - What are we using for primary communication with the Clan right now? Discord? Is there a PSN Chatroom? The Guild chat on the app seems very quiet and not very active. I was trying to find some strike buddies last night and outside of individually PMs there wasn't a great option.

0fv1k8j3xo1w.png
    siju2qs3mwc4.png

Ooh I want that ship

well sure, now that Magic has it everyone else needs one too.

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

Classic Destiny!

Something I like about the new infusion system is that you can infuse into either the energy or kinetic slot with those weapons, meaning you could use your duplicates to bring another slot up.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    how do ships work this time around? is there a kiosk or something?

edit: also, I applied that code for the preorder and none of the stuff was mailed to me? will it come at level 20 or something?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017

I got an exotic energy scout rifle called
    Skyburner's Oath, it's full auto, solar, does additional damage to Cabal, does extra damage while aimed down sights (fires a little slower), and pierces phalanx shields.

It also sounds amazing. Like firing a rivet gun.

ElementWrath on
This discussion has been closed.