As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good Youtube downloader or How to fix Youtube

StormwatcherStormwatcher BleghBlughRegistered User regular
So after I went from 6Mb capped cable to 2Mb capless DSL, longer videos in Youtube just stop loading after a couple of minutes. It's the worst thing ever. Pausing the video right after it starts, so it can buffer a bit, doesn't work either.

Therefore, I need a good app/firefox plugin/whatever that can download those videos for me to watch offline. I tried Flash Video Resource Downloader, but it seems to only get the low quality version of the file... And that's not good.

On the other hand, if anyone knows of a method to enhance Youtube loading, I'd be satisfied.

thanks dudes.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
camo_sig2.png
Stormwatcher on

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I do know if you want to download, open a tab on keepvid.com and your chosen youtube video on another tab. Copy and paste the YT link into the keepvid box and hit download, should give you a couple options (mp4, avi, etc...) to download. Choose your poison and enjoy offline.

I usually do let the video load completely first (I think I saw somewhere that this was a good idea), but at the very least then you could recall videos at will without loads, or you can just try downloading before the youtube stream is complete and see if it works anyway.

Hope that helps.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh, that site is working fine, don't even need to wait for the video to start. Thanks!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm quite fond of the Youtube HD Ultimate greasemonkey script. Gives download links for all qualities right below the video, does some other nice stuff.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    martinimartini Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've used the YouTube downloader app that comes with Videora.

martini on
    I raised the wall. And I will be the one to knock it down.
  • Options
    SilvoculousSilvoculous Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Problem may be solved, but I'm throwing Miro out there for anybody who wants a decent multi-platform video player with the ability to download YouTube straight from the link in your clipboard.

Silvoculous on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Aside from downloading Youtube vids (which isn't a bad idea), if you have Windows 10 (or 8.1) you might want to consider the MyTube App on the Windows Store streaming--I find that handles streaming from Youtube over limited connections better than the website, but your results might be mixed (and it's free anyway).

This discussion has been closed.