As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fitness and Weight Management

1939495969799»

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Yeah. Looks super gross too!

Keep running!

Scare neighborhood children!

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    So my primary means of not being a complete unhealthy mess is JiuJitsu and today I got my purple belt

02JsqKm.jpg?2

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Damn Nic that's gnarly!

@TheStig hells yeah!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Dang

How deep is that, Nic?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't think I gouged too much flesh out but it's hard to say. Hurt like buggery to clean.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I was feeling pretty crappy the last few weeks with over doing it badly for both of my shoulders, giving myself some bursitis. On the plus side, after resting up, I did a 6:40 mile and 23 minute 3 mile, so at least my cardio isn't suffering too badly.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I don't think I gouged too much flesh out but it's hard to say. Hurt like buggery to clean.

This is exactly the reason why I like to curl up into a ball and veg out.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    So my primary means of not being a complete unhealthy mess is JiuJitsu and today I got my purple belt

02JsqKm.jpg?2

Totally unfair that they don't let you wear your helmet in class.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    My wife has been noticing my bigger arms and shoulders since I've started doing farmer carries as part of my lifting routine.

Generally been cutting back on crap food and trying to maintain a calorie deficit to lose weight, but actively trying to gain muscle means I'm toeing the line between okay and ravenously hungry.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Really hope this gash on my finger heals up soon so I can actually hold a barbell again. Losing out on #sickgainz

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    My wife has been noticing my bigger arms and shoulders since I've started doing farmer carries as part of my lifting routine.

Generally been cutting back on crap food and trying to maintain a calorie deficit to lose weight, but actively trying to gain muscle means I'm toeing the line between okay and ravenously hungry.

same here

on the plus side, back down to 205

I don't know how long it'll take to lose the belly fat, but that's when I'll stop =P

one thing I'm noticing is gross loose skin on my fatty belly area. Is there like a cream or something to tighten it up? Is that a thing that can even happen? I'm assuming there is no one trick a mom discovered that doctors hate.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Xaquin wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »

same here

on the plus side, back down to 205

I don't know how long it'll take to lose the belly fat, but that's when I'll stop =P

one thing I'm noticing is gross loose skin on my fatty belly area. Is there like a cream or something to tighten it up? Is that a thing that can even happen? I'm assuming there is no one trick a mom discovered that doctors hate.

Depending what your skin sag is like reconstructive surgery is like one of the only solutions I've heard of. They essentially cut away all the extra skin.

I'm just going to always have a ton of extra skin hanging around, and I'm okay with that, that shit is my proof for what I just did.

Stretch marks are the reward. I almost got emotional when my tummy started showing the tiger stripes.

Sleep on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I had forgotten that one of the side effects of running outside is having strange men yell sexual things at you from vans.

So thats fun.

• Options
    Would catcalling be better if it was positive messages like "YOU ARE A GREAT PERSON!"

YJiqRF4.png

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I had forgotten that one of the side effects of running outside is having strange men yell sexual things at you from vans.

So thats fun.

Well, you won't have any motivation to run slower

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Men are pathetic

• Options
    edited September 2017
    bowen wrote: »
    Would catcalling be better if it was positive messages like "YOU ARE A GREAT PERSON!"

ehh
    i mean I've had that kind of interaction and in most situations it IS fun and positive but not everybody wants to be yelled at when they're going about their business, you know?

edit: also I don't know if guys realise, but there's often an inherent power imbalance in men yelling at you, especially if you're a smaller person, which makes ANY unsolicited comment from a stranger seem threatening.

double edit: also all of this isn't super relevant because catcalling, by definition, is threatening and sexual. Otherwise it would just be 'having a positive non-gendered comment on a stranger's demeanour or dress style".

tynic on
  • Options
    Yes, they are.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I once heard a neighbor say to a woman who was jogging "what are you training for" and for the rest of the day I was battling between wondering if he knew her and was genuinely curious as to what her next event was, or if he was doing some sort of thing along the lines of "you're skinny enough and I don't like women with muscles" and decided on the latter because grossboy.

• Options

ehh
    i mean I've had that kind of interaction and in most situations it IS fun and positive but not everybody wants to be yelled at when they're going about their business, you know?

edit: also I don't know if guys realise, but there's often an inherent power imbalance in men yelling at you, especially if you're a smaller person, which makes ANY unsolicited comment from a stranger seem threatening.

It still boggles my mind.

Every reason I can think of for why men do it keeps rolling back into the whole dominance thing "I am asserting my superiority over you".

Are there some guys that think it's going to be a good thing for them to do it? Like someday someone's going to stop and go "Why yes my ass is fine, let's bang" ?

• Options

ehh

It still boggles my mind.

Every reason I can think of for why men do it keeps rolling back into the whole dominance thing "I am asserting my superiority over you".

Are there some guys that think it's going to be a good thing for them to do it? Like someday someone's going to stop and go "Why yes my ass is fine, let's bang" ?

No
    the point is to make you feel skeeved out or frightened.
    Nobody actually thinks you're going to stop and fuck them. They just want to remind you that your only value is as something to fuck.

• Options
    Its sport, they find it fun to watch you be scared.

• Options
    I did overhear someone on their bike while riding past me, while I was walking at the park, yell out at a obese woman while they were jogging, "Keep up the good work!"

It also bothered me a bit because they didn't say it to anyone else, even the obese guy that was slightly behind me (she was ahead of me), and he kind of leered at her as he went by.

It was kind of a catcall disguised as encouragement.

So I guess it's still bothersome in some regards.

• Options
    Oh because if they do it like that and then you get offended its all "Geez lady, I'm trying to be nice and give you a compliment, god all you bitches are stuck up".

Catcalling seems to be far less prevalent in the UK and than US so I am lucky, but its still rage inducing.

• Options
    Yeah that's patronising at best.

• Options
    Also, sorry to hear that Liiya, I feel bad for anyone that has to deal with this when you're out and about.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    It's gross and way more common than you realize when you are a man and don't experience it

Though now it's more apparent to me

poo
  • Options
    I worry for people that live in those kinds of areas too.

It'd put me on edge constantly if I was a woman.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    (Sorry to cut you guys off in mid conversation, I just saw the 100 page mark before reading the last page and a half.) See you in the new thread!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.