As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Lunar and early sansan were probably my favourite meta in netrunner

mumbad was so cool thematically but it just really torpedoed the meta for a good while

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

mumbad was so cool thematically but it just really torpedoed the meta for a good while

Faust.. hoo boy. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Great!

...can you tell us what it is? Preferably more than a week or two in advance?

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    We have rotation date: October 1st

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/legality/

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    So uk nationals will be the final hurrah? Time to jam all the craziest spin and genesis stuff into the decks.

• Options
    6 shock IG gogo

• Options
    KesterKester Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

I loved the post-D&D but pre-Mumbad period. A lot of people were complaining about the delay to Mumbad meaning the meta was the same for months, but the game was so fun that I didn't care about new stuff coming out. Both the top decks (PPVP Kate & Foodcoats) actually played proper Netrunner, and there were a bunch of viable tier 1.5 decks if you were a good pilot: Noise, DLR, Good-stuff anarch, Apoc Kate, NEH Fast Advance, Butchershop, HB rush, RP... Tournaments were varied and pretty much every matchup was interesting (DLR & Butchershop were the only two that could lead to really unbalanced/uninteresting games). *looks back wistfully*

Kester on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    post D&D was obnoxious to me for 2 reasons

1) it lasted way too long, but only for some people, because they released D&D and two data packs at gencon, so all those people got to play with new toys, but I didn't

2) way too much yellow in the meta

my favorite time in the game is definitely right after Order & Chaos, but the beginning of the lunar cycle until the first MWL was all incredibly fun

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    On the other hand, the D&D gap sucked for those who *had* D&D early because you wanted to actually play with those cards but they weren't legal and you didn't want to be a dick.

I don't think I unwrapped mine until it actually came out. The spoilers were in the wild already.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    My favorite point in the meta was the one where glacier existed but wasn't wildly frustrating to play against, like after polop but before rumor mill.

Didn't last long :(

So much of the design space in Netrunner is around glacier and ice and it just hasn't worked right very often.

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    So what are people planning to do after rotation when Jackson Howard isn't around to save you from agenda flood?

• Options
    there are a couple operations that mitigate it somewhat, I'll probably try them

• Options
    I really like Special Report as a extra mull. Wish it didn't cost two to splash, but it's often worth it.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Special Report and Preemptive Action seem to be the two I've looked at the most. Disposable HQ is also a possibility, though less so.

There's also a lot less HQ multiaccess now as well, no more Nerve Agent/HQI, though Legwork does still exist and Maw/Alice is more or less the same.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I took my collection to Washingcon and...nothing. I ended up teaching a Core game to someone who never played before. I built him a Core Weyland Tag deck to give his tags some kind of purpose, and we both had a blast.

But now I have a collection to sell for $400.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Nice to have it official.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I'm so glad we can finally talk about it

• Options
    Details about rotation:
    When we originally announced our intention to rotate older cycles of Data Packs out of the Android: Netrunner card pool, we stated that the plan was to introduce rotation in conjunction with the release of the first Data Pack from the game's eighth cycle.

At this point, there are seven complete cycles of Data Packs in Standard Play, and we have announced Sovereign Sight, the first Data Pack from the game's eighth cycle, the Kitara Cycle. We have also announced the upcoming release of the Revised Core Set. These products will soon shape the future growth of Android: Netrunner Standard Play, beginning shortly after the 2017 World Championships.

Because it is our intention that the World Championships highlight the game's future—as well as its greatest players—we are introducing rotation to the game on October 1st, ahead of the release of Sovereign Sight, so that World Championship participants will have ample time to demonstrate their full mastery of the game.

Over the course of one month, the introduction of rotation disrupts the existing metagame and challenges participants to engage in the full Android: Netrunner competitive experience, from metagame analysis and deckbuilding to iterative design, practice, and performance in the tournament setting.

Oh yeah.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/sovereign-sight/

• Options
    MILLS IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS

TIME TO BLOW SOME MOOSES UP

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Okay... so... If I'm reading this right, there are no new errata on revised Core cards, just adding them to the base game and outright removal of others?

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Okay... so... If I'm reading this right, there are no new errata on revised Core cards, just adding them to the base game and outright removal of others?

I believe this is accurate, yes

• Options
    edited September 2017
    OMG ATLAS IS STILL LEGAL! MWAHAHAHAHAAA!!! HAPPY DANCE!

Edit: AND GRNDL REFINERY, MY FAVORITE BLUFFING CARD!!! YAAAY!

Athenor on
  • Options
    Fetal and Astroscript are both gone.

Jesus, this really is going to be a different game.

... I'll still buy one of the revised cores, just for the new artwork. :)

• Options
    Holy fuck. Scorched Earth is gone.

• Options
    yeah it's also going to have a new rulebook and I like having hard copies of those

it's definitely going to be very different, exciting stuff

• Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    I might actually have to catch up on the sets I've been avoiding buying if this pans out. Interesting changes! New art looks cool too :)

• Options
    Yeah, the new rulebook/LTP is gonna be great if the L5R one is any example.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular

Holy shit didn't think this was going to happen. Hoping it'll get my local group excited enough to get a weekly meet up again.

• Options
    From my friend and guy who got me into playtesting back in the day:
    Derrick Billings RIP
    Scorch
    Siphon
    YOG
    SanSan
    ETF
    Kate
    Parasite
    Breaking News
    Astro
    Noise
    Corroder

• Options
    Atlas, PV, Beale and Braintrust are all saying, very happy about that.

• Options
    Wait, am I reading this right, and Account Siphon is gone?

https://youtu.be/L_wdRy7x4Sc

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    As is Desperado.

• Options
    Desperado is gone too

• Options
    Seriously. This is going to be a completely different game once the revised core hits.

• Options

braintrust is garbo and I'm irritated that they gave me that and not fetal AI

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

braintrust is garbo and I'm irritated that they gave me that and not fetal AI

well, yeah, true. I had always hoped they'd change Braintrust to be good.

maybe they didn't want both fetal and obokata around I guess

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Edit: beat'd.

I like the look of that new Jinteki trap though.

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    Not to get lost in the shuffle, but HOLY SHIT.

adn50-55_cardfan1.png

adn50_cardfan1.png

adn50-ikawah-project.png

adn50-upya.png

adn50-lewi-guilherme.png

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Also that's a new Apex card that allows you to flip anything except events face up, it looks like!

Anzekay on