As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    One thing I like about the core is that they are bringing in HQ interface but not R&D interface. It shows they have specific goals in this like reducing R&D lock and making meat damage harder.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Also that's a new Apex card that allows you to flip anything except events face up, it looks like!

Very much Apex's formatting. So glad how those 3 ended up.

Though it is interesting seeing Globalsec backing the SSL against Weyland.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    they're getting rid of a lot of the runner's procedural win conditions (dlr, medium, RDI) and forcing play to be a lot more pointed

it's very good, imo

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Also can confirm that this was Damon's brainchild, though with input from other FFG folks it seems!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Also can confirm that this was Damon's brainchild, though with input from other FFG folks it seems!

So that explains Reina. :)

Damn. I wish whatever happened to him hadn't have happened. FFG is gonna be worse off without him. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Also that's a new Apex card that allows you to flip anything except events face up, it looks like!

Very much Apex's formatting. So glad how those 3 ended up.

Though it is interesting seeing Globalsec backing the SSL against Weyland.

yeah also since it says "an" before the card is cut off it's clearly only for non-events.

• Options

yeah it was the last thing he did before he left (it came after designing the next cycle, but that basically had to be entirely redeveloped by Bogogo)

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I knew this was the case and still wish to joke about it simply being his final solution to Desperado.

But gosh, I'm just not excited in the least. I guess Netrunner really is dead to me. That's a realization ... :(

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    This announcement has made me want to go back and see how the community is responding.

... Which led to me realizing Netrunner Geeks on Facebook is just.. gone. Damn.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Boo no more Accelerated Beta Test. Wonder whether it was the extreme swinginess of that card, or just that they really wanted Project Vitruvius and also for HB to not have multiple 3/2s in the core. Probably some of both.

It could be fun to figure out the "revised core only" meta. They definitely made enough big changes that it's going to look different from "original core only" meta, that's for sure.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    This announcement has made me want to go back and see how the community is responding.

What you want is Netrunner Dorks.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options

that community got shut down for being shit so they all migrated to a new one called Netrunner Dorks

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Nice visual aid for what is going on, got linked to my local FB group:

Hu0UC5s.jpg

SVJ3lnI.jpg

Edit: Guess it's time to go back and RE-rotate my shit. :)

Athenor on
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Damn. I wish whatever happened to him hadn't have happened. FFG is gonna be worse off without him. :(

He moved because his wife got a great job somewhere else. It's a thing to be happy for them for.

He was a pretty complex character with his designs, development, playtester management and community engagement*...I think on the whole I prefer Boggs.

*(Echo Chamber seems a bit pointed don't you think ;))

• Options
    Dis' wrote: »

He moved because his wife got a great job somewhere else. It's a thing to be happy for them for.

He was a pretty complex character with his designs, development, playtester management and community engagement*...I think on the whole I prefer Boggs.

*(Echo Chamber seems a bit pointed don't you think ;))

Okay, good that was the ultimate reason he left.

the rumors I heard were that it was related to some pretty shitty behavior directed at him.

• Options
    whoaaaa net shield is gone

that's interesting

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I knew this was the case and still wish to joke about it simply being his final solution to Desperado.

But gosh, I'm just not excited in the least. I guess Netrunner really is dead to me. That's a realization ... :(

Sorry to hear that. Personally, I'm pumped about this. I wanna see how Netrunner shakes out when all these core staples are gone. It's gonna be so different and new, and that's exciting! I'm legit interested in a Core 2.0 only tournament even.

Also, the new cycle is taking us to Africa, and that's gonna be amazing! I've been waiting and hoping for this ever since they talked about Beanstalk 2.0 being built in the Worlds of Android book.

This Worlds is gonna be a memorial in so many ways and that's kind of neat.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    How does the Netrunner fiction compare to Neuromancer?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
  • Options

Was just coming to post that. Worlds is true rotation!

Also darn, I just rotated and packed away the first cycles this weekend, and now I have to go through it again!

But no Noise, no Siphon, no SanSan or Breaking News, this is just crazy. Worlds is going to be bonkers.

• Options
    Makes sense, since it means the Championship deck from Worlds they put out might actually be legal this time.

Did we talk about the new FAQ coming that's supposed to be legal Oct. 1'st?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

everything I've heard suggests it's all eminently missable

so, not favorably

• Options

In tone, similar. Massive corps, lone hackers and young punks fighting back where they can and/or just trying to make a living, battles in cyberspace. I personally enjoy the fiction a lot! There's nowhere near as good a story in any of the inserts (and the mini novellas are fine but not world-shaking), but the world they create is pretty great.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

so, not favorably

Opinions: Monitor is a solid B, Worlds of Android is a sweet artbook and B+. Everything else I've read is pretty darn bad.

• Options
    worlds of android is super cool

• Options
    I really can't wait for the Genesys module.

• Options
    Hey, they saved the giraffes! .... but are they still going to be giraffes?

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    So this new cycle is Boggs' though right, not Damon's?

• Options
    Oh my god Dinosaurus has an eyepatch SQUEEEEEE

• Options
    Lykouragh wrote: »

Yeah. The new cycle is Boggs, the revision to the core was mostly done by Damon (and Boggs had to adapt to it).

Sounds like they worked very well together to craft the future of the game.

• Options
    And today, we pay tribute to today's fallen. Those who have given their lives, so that the game may live.

May you rest in peace.

tmgv2gOh.jpg

• Options
    Except for Noise, who can rot in hell.

I REMEMBER PRE-JACKSON NOISESHOP, FUCK YOU NOISE.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Damon Stone on the Revised Core:
    I don't think I lied about anything regarding this project. It was something Lukas Litzsinger and I had been on about for a long while. We had finally cooked up a plan that we thought might be able to sell the execs on it. It was Lukas who did the presentation and I fielded questions and together we managed to sway them. I then spent a LOT of time trying to make an actual product that they would sign off on once Lukas sold them on the need.

Michael Boggs was the one who over saw the final development of the product, and is probably largely responsible for it getting announced now.

A real team effort. I know that when we're behind the monolithic double F logo it seems like we don't care and maybe even take you guys for granted, nothing can be further from the truth. We love this and every other game we design and develop for, but when you work for a company there is always a very large team of people behind every product and every decision and it takes time to affect change. None of us are perfect but we will do everything we can to make the best games we can.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »

so, not favorably

Opinions: Monitor is a solid B, Worlds of Android is a sweet artbook and B+. Everything else I've read is pretty darn bad.

The old novels are licensed fiction, probably about as good as Warhammer 40k or D&D. The Identity trilogy is probably the best, and FreeFall is decent. Strange Flesh is the worst. They all predate Netrunner though, so don't really talk about that aspect of it much.
    I thought Monsterslayer was a good Novella and would agree that Monitor is B. I haven't read the third. I probably will at some point just so I have the dubious distinction of reading all the fiction.

• Options
    Lykouragh wrote: »

Yeah. The new cycle is Boggs, the revision to the core was mostly done by Damon (and Boggs had to adapt to it).

Sounds like they worked very well together to craft the future of the game.

No new cycle is still designed by Damon, just some development by Boggs. Cycle 9 will be all Boggs.

• Options
    New cycle was started by Damon, revised (apparently a great deal) by Boggs.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I will miss Noise. He hasn't been playable for a while, but I had some good times with him.

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I will miss Noise. He hasn't been playable for a while, but I had some good times with him.

I hate that guy, glad he's going. Pre jackson he was hideous, post faust he was as well. In between he was tolerable, just.

• Options
    100% gonna play some Leela in this new meta

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    It feels like asset spam will be back to being a real problem.