As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    ETF being dead will probably help a bit, since they're not getting their free credits off installing assets. And at least Scrubbers is sticking around.

Plus there's a new MWL on the way, so Moons & Friends will probably get hammered in there.

It'll be interesting to see what else goes in there. Maybe Clippy?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am still undecided if I'm going to nationals this weekend. Why'd they have to do it in Liverpool?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    adn50-upya.png

....up ya what?

where's it up

liEt3nH.png
  • KesterKester Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    100% gonna play some Leela in this new meta

It'll be interesting. Now she doesn't have the bounce+Siphon threat corps can probably be more aggressive against her, which will help even things out.

I am a bit worried that those awful Leela Gang Sign decks will be good once Jackson rotates out, especially as HQ Interface is now staying in the game.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    ETF being dead will probably help a bit, since they're not getting their free credits off installing assets. And at least Scrubbers is sticking around.

Plus there's a new MWL on the way, so Moons & Friends will probably get hammered in there.

It'll be interesting to see what else goes in there. Maybe Clippy?

Hb losing their 10+ free credits every game will matter

With that, and with Friends definitely going on the mwl, moons isn't gonna be remotely as scary

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Kester wrote: »
    100% gonna play some Leela in this new meta

It'll be interesting. Now she doesn't have the bounce+Siphon threat corps can probably be more aggressive against her, which will help even things out.

I am a bit worried that those awful Leela Gang Sign decks will be good once Jackson rotates out, especially as HQ Interface is now staying in the game.

heck yeah gonna play some gang sign leela

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I was playing Gang Sign LeeMaw at Nats this year in the icebreaker and it was really good. Only lost one game to a Boom deck on my own stupidity, but it otherwise was very solid. Aside from losing Account Siphon, it's still pretty intact.

• KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Ok Netrunner thread, I really need a corp deck for post rotation and I'm turning to you for help. My runner deck (Stealth Smoke) survived the rotation mostly intact but I don't have a corp deck that I like anymore.

I'm looking for something that's 1) Competitive 2) Not-Asset Spam 3) Fun to play. My previous corp decks were NBN FA (until astroscript went to 1 per deck) Sync (Exchange of Information + Global Food) and then lately Argus Security. The Argus Security deck was a rush deck with casting calls and Prisec to force the runner to choose between letting me score agendas or leaving themselves vulnerable to scorched earth. Now with scorched earth gone, I'm not sure the deck is that competitive anymore. I could replace the scorches with Booms but I'm worried that's going to to make a deck was honestly wasn't top tier even worse. I could go back to NBN which is my favorite faction but tagging decks seem much weaker without access to breaking news.

Anyone have a cool corp deck that will survive rotation?

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Tennin mostly survives, thanks to Trick of Light and Celebrity Gift going into core 2.0!

I think the Titan/Builder of Nations/Skorpios decks that use Trick of Light and Audacity (and sometimes Red Planet Couriers) to FA score off of their advanced ice are pretty good. The new Priority Construction, Dedication Ceremony, and Ansom Rose are all good cards that fuel the archetype, and they still have the best 2/1 in the game.

• KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Tennin mostly survives, thanks to Trick of Light and Celebrity Gift going into core 2.0!

Tennin does look sweet with that new operation in the next cycle. Biotic labor is really good when it's in faction and costs 3 instead of 7 to score a 3pt agenda from hand.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
    In case you missed it, NRDB seems to be updated with the Revised changes. Force a reload if it doesn't show up.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    In case you missed it, NRDB seems to be updated with the Revised changes. Force a reload if it doesn't show up.

Yup! I believe there's some screwyness where the new cards are duplicates in the database, so what you need to do is uncheck core, genesis, and spin, and then check core revised.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    hmmmmmm.

I still have my core set and some expac really liked this game

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Did they so new art for some cards? I was putting my decks on the netrunner deck app and a lot if the art is different.

I also bought that campaign expansion thing that looks fun and the 4 championship decks to try and get some staples and so my friends can play since I only had 1 runner and Corp deck that I could build with what I have.

After putting those championship decks into the deck lists I feel like my decks I have are pretty garbage. I have a lot of 1 ofs in the two decks I made.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Did they so new art for some cards? I was putting my decks on the netrunner deck app and a lot if the art is different.

As of the announcement of the new core there's a bunch of new art. Otherwise there are just some promos and the full-art cards from world championship decks.
    After putting those championship decks into the deck lists I feel like my decks I have are pretty garbage. I have a lot of 1 ofs in the two decks I made.

1-ofs are rarely correct.

admanb wrote: »

As of the announcement of the new core there's a bunch of new art. Otherwise there are just some promos and the full-art cards from world championship decks.

Yea, I started looking up decks for Kate and Blue Sun to see what I can do with what I have. I need to get more data packs to work with.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I don't see how Blue Sun is playable right now without Curtain Wall and (more importantly) Oversight AI. That's been kind of the fundamental strategy for it for a while and losing OAI to rotation just makes me think, why bother playing Blue Sun?

edited September 2017
    I just play casually with my friends so rotations aren't really a big deal. I just want to try to make the decks are efficient so my friends and I can have some fun matches

Stragint on

Honestly, I think BS will be fine, they'll just have to actually pay for ICE. Or run regular-priced ICE instead of 10+ credit stuff.

Or splash a Toybox or two and rez a Hadrian's Wall or Orion for free.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited September 2017
    Is there a website that I can put in what packs I have and see decks that I can either make or nearly make? I'm looking at decks on Netrunner DB but it looks like a lot of decks are using a lot of different packs that I don't have.

Edit: Is there a sit I can buy singles from?

Stragint on

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    On netrunnerdb you can use the "pack filter" option to build decks with only the cards you have.

With the LCG model there's really no such thing as buying singles.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    I don't see how Blue Sun is playable right now without Curtain Wall and (more importantly) Oversight AI. That's been kind of the fundamental strategy for it for a while and losing OAI to rotation just makes me think, why bother playing Blue Sun?

Without siphon threats, mother goddess shennigans with blue sun might be possible (rushing and returning all other ice) as a win con. You still have the adonis/launch campaign drip as well.

admanb wrote: »

1-ofs are a lot less silly in netrunner than other card games due to the massive draw power available and the problem/solution nature of ice and breakers. In runner decks especially.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I like running lots of 1-ofs among my ice. There are gobs of options for "costs about 6 credits and does nasty things to the runner," and if the runner sees one of them early in HQ or R&D and starts planning around it, sometimes they can get hosed later in the game when they actually run into one of the other ones.

Fry on
    eBay is probably your best bet for singles, really.

Also, wondering if a Hot Tubs Gagarin variant is any good now. It lost very little to rotation, and seems to have benefited from Whizard no longer being around. We'll see what MWL does to FIHP but otherwise it looks pretty reasonable.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    wasn't tubs a deck before FIHP was printed?

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    wasn't tubs a deck before FIHP was printed?

yes, but also before the •Museum of History errata.

I am not sure how ridiculous levels of recursion it requires.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    edited September 2017
    well the tub itself is rotating (executive retreat) so you can replace that with hades fragment if you need more than museum of history, which is what I did when I threw this together:
    new tubs I guess

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (8)
    1x Hades Fragment (Up and Over)
    1x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
    3x Hollywood Renovation (Old Hollywood)
    2x New Construction (Business First)
    1x Utopia Fragment (The Source)

Asset (25)
    1x Blacklist (Breaker Bay)
    3x Commercial Bankers Group (Democracy and Dogma)
    2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains) ●●
    1x Elizabeth Mills (Revised Core Set)
    1x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
    3x Mumba Temple (Kala Ghoda) ★★★○○○○○ ○
    3x Mumbad City Hall (Democracy and Dogma) ★★★
    3x Mumbad Construction Co. (Business First)
    2x Museum of History (Kala Ghoda) ○○○○
    3x Tech Startup (The Valley)
    3x Turtlebacks (The Source) ●●●

Upgrade (4)
    3x Breaker Bay Grid (Breaker Bay)
    1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (2)
    1x Diversified Portfolio (Honor and Profit)
    1x Heritage Committee (Kala Ghoda) ○○

Barrier (4)
    3x Spiderweb (The Underway)
    1x Wall of Thorns (Revised Core Set)

Code Gate (6)
    2x Hortum (Terminal Directive)
    2x Lotus Field (Upstalk) ●●
    2x Mausolus (Martial Law)

Sentry (4)
    1x Colossus (Terminal Directive)
    3x Tour Guide (The Universe of Tomorrow)
    15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
    22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
    53 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Revised Core Set

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I'm not sure I like it without a secondary win condition, it might need to be reworked to include Boom and some tagging

I also forgot to put in a 54th card :p

Shorty on
    This is my version, with a HHN/Zealous Judge/Boom threat. Not sure if it's better than yours, though, honestly, I worry that 9 ice in 54 cards just isn't reliable. I like that we both grabbed Blacklist though.
    https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/998563

edited September 2017
    yeah I figured in a world where everyone runs paperclip it's always gonna be nice to have in the back pocket

I like Sandburg too, I'll probably throw that in mine as card 54

Shorty on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Are the new runner appearances a time shift or an art shift? I'd be exited to see if CT is older and has new motivations after accidentally, y'know, trashing the economy in the events of Mainframe.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    They're older.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Definitely older. The plotline's been moving forward.

chaos-theory_card_art.jpg

She's doing her daddies proud.

Edit: And Gabriel's gotten some new upgrades, and by the looks of it a job at Titan Transnational bank!

gabriel-santiago_card_art.jpg

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Salt-n-pepper cyberarm Gabriel is a type I didn't know I had.

I love that new art so much I might even run it in lieu of my alt-art Gabriel.

latest?cb=20140618094226

Shorty wrote: »
    well the tub itself is rotating (executive retreat) so you can replace that with hades fragment if you need more than museum of history, which is what I did when I threw this together:
    new tubs I guess

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (8)
    1x Hades Fragment (Up and Over)
    1x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
    3x Hollywood Renovation (Old Hollywood)
    2x New Construction (Business First)
    1x Utopia Fragment (The Source)

Asset (25)
    1x Blacklist (Breaker Bay)
    3x Commercial Bankers Group (Democracy and Dogma)
    2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains) ●●
    1x Elizabeth Mills (Revised Core Set)
    1x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
    3x Mumba Temple (Kala Ghoda) ★★★○○○○○ ○
    3x Mumbad City Hall (Democracy and Dogma) ★★★
    3x Mumbad Construction Co. (Business First)
    2x Museum of History (Kala Ghoda) ○○○○
    3x Tech Startup (The Valley)
    3x Turtlebacks (The Source) ●●●

Upgrade (4)
    3x Breaker Bay Grid (Breaker Bay)
    1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (2)
    1x Diversified Portfolio (Honor and Profit)
    1x Heritage Committee (Kala Ghoda) ○○

Barrier (4)
    3x Spiderweb (The Underway)
    1x Wall of Thorns (Revised Core Set)

Code Gate (6)
    2x Hortum (Terminal Directive)
    2x Lotus Field (Upstalk) ●●
    2x Mausolus (Martial Law)

Sentry (4)
    1x Colossus (Terminal Directive)
    3x Tour Guide (The Universe of Tomorrow)
    15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
    22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
    53 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Revised Core Set

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I'm not sure I like it without a secondary win condition, it might need to be reworked to include Boom and some tagging

I also forgot to put in a 54th card :p

Tubs (the card) was literally only in Dan's version of the deck, everyone else dropped it right away. The weakening of tubs was actually the game rules change that meant you could not abuse heritage committee/MCH in the same way wasn't it? Without that it was a very strong deck that was just too slow for tourneys?

It's certainly a possibility now, especially with that new meat damage asset. Hives and data ravens seem super great without parasite in the meta.

I opted for spiderweb instead of hive specifically because the deck as I built it is trying to score out

but if you're not, yeah, 5c to break with paperclip is a pretty good deal for the corp

and now that you mention it, heritage committee isn't remotely as good if you can't cheat with it so I may just go and drop that and the red ice for some tagging and Boom or something

Chief Slee is I think a reasonable include instead of Boom for an alt win condition, especially with that ice suite and Sandburg.

I made an Apex deck for fun. The list I was using has 3 account siphon, and 2 traffic jam. I don't have the data pack with traffic jam and I'm missing an account siphon.

Anyone happen to have any idea what I could replace those with? I was thinking maybe a freedom through equality and career fair