The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WH40K] Necromunda has returned! Blood Angels and Dark Angels up next!

145791042

Posts

  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Registered User regular
    Voro wrote: »
    I probably have a good year of building minis ahead of me, but I wanted to check something about battle-forged armies:

    Ex: I have an Alpha Legion Battalion Detachment, a Death Guard Patrol Detachment, and a Renegade Knight Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment. This would count as a battle-forged Chaos army, right?
    And from a non-rules point of view: Is that fluffy? Outside of the Horus Heresy battles, I don't know too much about legions working together.

    In 10,000 years of war it is folly to assume there wouldn't be any number of alliances/ betrayals/ or joint conquests of convenience at the behest of myriad commanders, demons, and the Gods themselves.

    In other words- never bind yourself to stringent interpretations of background.

  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    With a full SM company, I'll meet the min for a brigade. If I finagle my heavies and assault squads a bit. Maybe just count the extra slot as company auxilaries.

    So 6 squads of tactical, 2 dev squads and some centurions, and 2 assault squads and a bike squad.

    Look at scouts for some troop choices and scout bikes are really nice for horde clearing.

    Troops are where you shave some points for the fun stuff.

    Also SM have a ton of nice elites that are cheap single units like Apothecaries and the Ancients.

    I like troops and I'm working on a full company so it means I need those tacticals. I could add even more squads of scouts to get more troop choices.

    Keep in mind this would only be for a large Apocalypse type game where I would deploy the whole company. I'm just planning it out in advance.

  • ForceVoidForceVoid Registered User regular
    Tyranids in October?

  • ForceVoidForceVoid Registered User regular
    Scratch that, November

  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited September 13
    Before November. So October.

    Nids then IG then Eldar, all before November, so nids possible by end of September.

    Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
    ForceVoidFroThulhu
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    So what will be left after that? Deldar, daemons, genecult, sisters, Necrons, bangels dangels & swolves, inquisition (with assassins/ministorum thrown in there), wherever silent sisters and custodians fit in, Khorne daemonkin, deathwatch, Thousand Sons, was there anything else besides weird stuff like the iron hands sub-codex?

    Jesus there's a lot of armies.

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • MazzyxMazzyx I can dig it. Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    So what will be left after that? Deldar, daemons, genecult, sisters, Necrons, bangels dangels & swolves, inquisition (with assassins/ministorum thrown in there), wherever silent sisters and custodians fit in, Khorne daemonkin, deathwatch, Thousand Sons, was there anything else besides weird stuff like the iron hands sub-codex?

    Jesus there's a lot of armies.

    Next year should be both Eldar+Ynnari, BA, DA, &Space Pups. Orks, TS, Daemons, Custodies/Silent Sisters, Psions/Inquisition, and Sisters.

    Also a non-zero chance of Emps Children and World Eaters with their Primarchs. Space Pups and DAngels might get theirs back as well.

    03x29di.png
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Jeez I remembered iron hands but forgot Orks, how embarrassing.

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Dino FuckerRegistered User regular
    It would be cool if Iron Hands got their own mini codex, but they don't have any special characters/vehicles/weapons, so outside of lore and maybe some strategems what would they put in it?

    73CQcJZ.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx I can dig it. Registered User regular
    It would be cool if Iron Hands got their own mini codex, but they don't have any special characters/vehicles/weapons, so outside of lore and maybe some strategems what would they put in it?

    They have a trait, 6+++ feel no pain, and their stratagem is ignoring penalties for moving or advancing on a vehicle.

    03x29di.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I haven't followed AoS in a while but I'm under the impression that random sub-factions using existing units are A Thing?

    zaku.png
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »
    So what will be left after that? Deldar, daemons, genecult, sisters, Necrons, bangels dangels & swolves, inquisition (with assassins/ministorum thrown in there), wherever silent sisters and custodians fit in, Khorne daemonkin, deathwatch, Thousand Sons, was there anything else besides weird stuff like the iron hands sub-codex?

    Jesus there's a lot of armies.

    Next year should be both Eldar+Ynnari, BA, DA, &Space Pups. Orks, TS, Daemons, Custodies/Silent Sisters, Psions/Inquisition, and Sisters.

    Also a non-zero chance of Emps Children and World Eaters with their Primarchs. Space Pups and DAngels might get theirs back as well.

    I'm both shocked and impressed that GW is actually releasing a Tyranids codex early in an edition!

    I wonder if that means they'll get proper boned by codex creep.

    Also, no Tau announced.

    Nova_C wrote: »
    "I'm arresting you for failing to check yourself. You have the right to wreck yourself."
  • MazzyxMazzyx I can dig it. Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »
    So what will be left after that? Deldar, daemons, genecult, sisters, Necrons, bangels dangels & swolves, inquisition (with assassins/ministorum thrown in there), wherever silent sisters and custodians fit in, Khorne daemonkin, deathwatch, Thousand Sons, was there anything else besides weird stuff like the iron hands sub-codex?

    Jesus there's a lot of armies.

    Next year should be both Eldar+Ynnari, BA, DA, &Space Pups. Orks, TS, Daemons, Custodies/Silent Sisters, Psions/Inquisition, and Sisters.

    Also a non-zero chance of Emps Children and World Eaters with their Primarchs. Space Pups and DAngels might get theirs back as well.

    I'm both shocked and impressed that GW is actually releasing a Tyranids codex early in an edition!

    I wonder if that means they'll get proper boned by codex creep.

    Also, no Tau announced.

    Well they are getting out ~10 codexes this year. Figure that is 2 a month. They should finish out everyone by June/July next year if that pace holds and I feel it might.

    Not a lot of creep if they are all coming out in basically a year to year and a half time period. Plus the general's handbook at least once a year though I think they said it might be every 6 months to help update and keep everyone more balanced.

    GW has learned a lot of lessons from AoS it seems.

    03x29di.png
    valhalla130FroThulhu
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Dino FuckerRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    It would be cool if Iron Hands got their own mini codex, but they don't have any special characters/vehicles/weapons, so outside of lore and maybe some strategems what would they put in it?

    They have a trait, 6+++ feel no pain, and their stratagem is ignoring penalties for moving or advancing on a vehicle.

    I know, but all of that is already in the vanilla Space Marine codex, so there isn't anything new that could be added in a separate book.

    My homebrew chapter uses Iron Hands rules so if anything it would be nice to have a codex that was smaller/easier to pack around (and not $50), but unless they add some new chapter specific models or rules or something I don't see it happening.

    73CQcJZ.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Licius is up

    https://warhammer-community.com/2017/09/14/forge-world-focus-lucius-sep-14gw-homepage-post-4/

    Pretty nice. Treat ap-1 as ap0.

    ironically elcectro priests are not "best unit" today while the Lucius stratagem benefits them extremely, putting them in range without having to walk through enemy fire.

    No Warlord trait shown today.

    Tomorrow Agripinaa, the dauntless.

  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    So Inquisition units can hop into any Imperium transport, regardless of keywords or faction. What would be the best vehicle to use for hauling Inquisitors, Inquisitorial henchmen and henchmonkeys around in? The sky is the limit, aside from vehicles that expressly limit passengers like Primaris Repulsors and Land Speeders.

    I'm liking things like the Corvus Blackstar, Drop Pods, and a few others, but are there any obscure Forgeworld things that might work?

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Registered User regular
    My Deahtguard book came in early at my LFGS! Squee!

    I also picked up the Nurgle dice because the case was cracked so it was 15% off. They're pretty snazzy (and squishy!), if a little bit lighter than I prefer my dice.

  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    So Inquisition units can hop into any Imperium transport, regardless of keywords or faction. What would be the best vehicle to use for hauling Inquisitors, Inquisitorial henchmen and henchmonkeys around in? The sky is the limit, aside from vehicles that expressly limit passengers like Primaris Repulsors and Land Speeders.

    I'm liking things like the Corvus Blackstar, Drop Pods, and a few others, but are there any obscure Forgeworld things that might work?

    Razorbacksssssssss

  • VoroVoro Registered User regular
    Since I'm planning to use MKIV marines for some Alpha Legion 40K CSM with their old HH colors I thought I might try to use them for 30K too. However, I've run into a problem with WYSIWYG (assuming the 30K update doesn't change much). 30K marines can take chainswords as equipment even if they have bolters or heavy / special weapons.

    Is there a good solution for temporary attachment? Maybe pinning without gluing one side into the marine? Or should I get used to scraping white / blue tack off of sealed minis? Or stop being greedy and just set them up for 40K?

    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Registered User regular
    Do auras affect the character that has the aura?

    Does a Marine Captain's Rites of Battle (Friendly <Chapter> Units within 6" reroll hit rolls of 1") affect himself, for example?

    If so, is there a place where it states this explicitly in the rules?

  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    "These models don't actually have chainswords they're just modeled that way."

    "Okay."

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
    valhalla130
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Do auras affect the character that has the aura?

    Does a Marine Captain's Rites of Battle (Friendly <Chapter> Units within 6" reroll hit rolls of 1") affect himself, for example?

    If so, is there a place where it states this explicitly in the rules?

    Yep. Page 179 in the rulebook, under "Aura Abilities".

  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Do auras affect the character that has the aura?

    Does a Marine Captain's Rites of Battle (Friendly <Chapter> Units within 6" reroll hit rolls of 1") affect himself, for example?

    If so, is there a place where it states this explicitly in the rules?

    Yep. Page 179 in the rulebook, under "Aura Abilities".

    Cheers!

  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Registered User regular
    I have 1925 points of Nurgle currently.

    valhalla130Arch
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Voro wrote: »
    Since I'm planning to use MKIV marines for some Alpha Legion 40K CSM with their old HH colors I thought I might try to use them for 30K too. However, I've run into a problem with WYSIWYG (assuming the 30K update doesn't change much). 30K marines can take chainswords as equipment even if they have bolters or heavy / special weapons.

    Is there a good solution for temporary attachment? Maybe pinning without gluing one side into the marine? Or should I get used to scraping white / blue tack off of sealed minis? Or stop being greedy and just set them up for 40K?
    Magnets. You can get tiny rare-earth magnets by the dozen from various places, drill holes into the joints where you want the alternative parts located and make quick-swap anything that way.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Brainleech
  • VoroVoro Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    "These models don't actually have chainswords they're just modeled that way."

    "Okay."

    Yeah, there isn't a huge 40K presence in my area, and a good chunk of them are pretty try-hard (must have 100% painted & based minis & terrain). None of my friends have an interest in wargames, so I can't afford to alienate too many people until I know I have a steady group that aren't shitlords.
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Voro wrote: »
    Since I'm planning to use MKIV marines for some Alpha Legion 40K CSM with their old HH colors I thought I might try to use them for 30K too. However, I've run into a problem with WYSIWYG (assuming the 30K update doesn't change much). 30K marines can take chainswords as equipment even if they have bolters or heavy / special weapons.

    Is there a good solution for temporary attachment? Maybe pinning without gluing one side into the marine? Or should I get used to scraping white / blue tack off of sealed minis? Or stop being greedy and just set them up for 40K?
    Magnets. You can get tiny rare-earth magnets by the dozen from various places, drill holes into the joints where you want the alternative parts located and make quick-swap anything that way.

    I am familiar with magnetization (not that great at it), but this isn't for a held weapon. It's for one that's fixed to the unit's back / side. Best example I have is a stock photo of MKIII's with the chainsword on:

    picbk6gh20ok.jpg

    I don't know of anything to cover the magnet with when the weapon isn't in use.

    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Voro wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »
    "These models don't actually have chainswords they're just modeled that way."

    "Okay."

    Yeah, there isn't a huge 40K presence in my area, and a good chunk of them are pretty try-hard (must have 100% painted & based minis & terrain). None of my friends have an interest in wargames, so I can't afford to alienate too many people until I know I have a steady group that aren't shitlords.
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Voro wrote: »
    Since I'm planning to use MKIV marines for some Alpha Legion 40K CSM with their old HH colors I thought I might try to use them for 30K too. However, I've run into a problem with WYSIWYG (assuming the 30K update doesn't change much). 30K marines can take chainswords as equipment even if they have bolters or heavy / special weapons.

    Is there a good solution for temporary attachment? Maybe pinning without gluing one side into the marine? Or should I get used to scraping white / blue tack off of sealed minis? Or stop being greedy and just set them up for 40K?
    Magnets. You can get tiny rare-earth magnets by the dozen from various places, drill holes into the joints where you want the alternative parts located and make quick-swap anything that way.

    I am familiar with magnetization (not that great at it), but this isn't for a held weapon. It's for one that's fixed to the unit's back / side. Best example I have is a stock photo of MKIII's with the chainsword on:

    picbk6gh20ok.jpg

    I don't know of anything to cover the magnet with when the weapon isn't in use.

    If the magnet sits more or less flush in the drill hole you could fill in the gaps with superglue or green stuff and then just paint over it.

    GvzbgulVoroGR_Zombie
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Hillary had it in his veins Registered User regular
    And then you have a metal sheet in your army box and hey presto! Your models secure themselves.

  • NorgothNorgoth Registered User regular
    Isn't 30k still using 7th as its base? In which case the chainswords don't actually do anything?

    Lezta
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I had a thought about the Graia Dogma. It says to ignore the wound that slew the model and not the damage. Would that mean, that a model with 6 wounds in its statline that hasn't be wounded before and got hit and killed by a single lascannon shot would keep all 6 wounds it has?

  • MazzyxMazzyx I can dig it. Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I had a thought about the Graia Dogma. It says to ignore the wound that slew the model and not the damage. Would that mean, that a model with 6 wounds in its statline that hasn't be wounded before and got hit and killed by a single lascannon shot would keep all 6 wounds it has?

    Technically it is receiving each of those wounds one at a time so it should only keep one. Kind of like a FNP only on the last wound.

    03x29di.png
    HaphazardMoridin889
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited September 15
    The language is a bit confusing to me because you recieve wounds that cause damage that causes you to loose wounds.

    The battle primer says you inflict a wound only steps 2. and 3. on page 7. Wouldn't this be the wound that gets ignored by the Dogma's 6+? In step 5 you inflict damage as a result of the inflicted wound that the Dogma says to ignore. The damage then cause the model to loose it's own wounds.

    But I guess your version is what it's meant to be, just because otherwise it would probably get messy when combined with feel no pain like saves?

    Although on the other hand what about the slain by fleeing part? You don't take any damage at all and don't loose wounds one after the other, you just don't flee. So a multi wound model would keep all of the wounds it had at the moment it was forced to flee?

    honovere on
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited September 15
    Agripinaa:

    https://warhammer-community.com/2017/09/14/forge-world-focus-lucius-sep-14gw-homepage-post-4/

    Dogma: Overwatch on 5+

    Stratagem: remove unit and have it come in as reinforcement at full starting strength. can only be used on Kataphrons and Servitors.

    Tomorrow Stygies which got either renamed to V from VIII or there's a typo. They're the secretive and sinister Forgeworld.

    That stratagem could be really interesting. Even if you haven't lost any models it can be used to redeploy units and/or get them out of melee and still have them shoot.

    honovere on
  • NorgothNorgoth Registered User regular
    Went and preordered my Death Guard codex to pick up tommrow.

    Whoops how did this Mortarion get in the basket.

    MazzyxNo-Quarter
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Hmm. Still debating on a 2k point list, after some playtesting.

    I'm torn between this full Dark Eldar list;
    Archon (Blaster, Agoniser)
    Succubus (Agoniser, +1 WS drug)

    5xKabalites, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    5xKabalites, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    9xKabalites, in Raider w/ Disintegrator
    9xWyches (+1 T drug), in Raider w/ Dark Lance

    5xIncubi, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    5xTrueborn with Blasters, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons

    10xHellions (+1 A drug)

    5xDark Lance Scourges
    5xDark Lance Scourges

    Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances
    Ravager w/ 3 Disintegrators

    and this mixed Aeldari list;
    Farseer Skyrunner (Guide, Doom, Shining Spear)
    Warlock Skyrunner (Conceal/Reveal)

    5xKabalites, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    5xKabalites, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    10xKabalites w/ 1 Dark Lance, in Raider w/ Dark Lance

    5xIncubi, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    5xTrueborn with Blasters, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons

    5xDark Lance Scourges
    5xDark Lance Scourges
    6x Windriders w/ Scatter Lasers

    Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances
    Ravager w/ 3 Disintegrators

    The mixed list shores up some of the Dark Eldar's weaknesses (lack of psykers, no real anti-horde weaponry, weak-ish HQs) but looks a bit weaker in close combat. On the flip side, I've been having little luck in close combat anyway in this edition, so maybe a stronger focus on ranged attacks mixed with being able to debuff with the Farseer's Doom would help me out.

  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Isn't 30k still using 7th as its base? In which case the chainswords don't actually do anything?
    They give an extra attack with the pistol all marines have.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • NorgothNorgoth Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Isn't 30k still using 7th as its base? In which case the chainswords don't actually do anything?
    They give an extra attack with the pistol all marines have.

    Yeah but it's just a "close combat weapon" and most marine kits come with combat knives and stuff instead.

  • AShieldOfMeatAShieldOfMeat Registered User regular
    Voro wrote: »
    I am familiar with magnetization (not that great at it), but this isn't for a held weapon. It's for one that's fixed to the unit's back / side. Best example I have is a stock photo of MKIII's with the chainsword on:

    picbk6gh20ok.jpg

    I don't know of anything to cover the magnet with when the weapon isn't in use.

    You could also try using blu-tac or equivalent. You probably don't want to leave it on forever, but the right type shouldn't leave any marks on the model.

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Hmm. Still debating on a 2k point list, after some playtesting.

    I'm torn between this full Dark Eldar list;
    Archon (Blaster, Agoniser)
    Succubus (Agoniser, +1 WS drug)

    5xKabalites, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    5xKabalites, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    9xKabalites, in Raider w/ Disintegrator
    9xWyches (+1 T drug), in Raider w/ Dark Lance

    5xIncubi, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    5xTrueborn with Blasters, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons

    10xHellions (+1 A drug)

    5xDark Lance Scourges
    5xDark Lance Scourges

    Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances
    Ravager w/ 3 Disintegrators

    and this mixed Aeldari list;
    Farseer Skyrunner (Guide, Doom, Shining Spear)
    Warlock Skyrunner (Conceal/Reveal)

    5xKabalites, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    5xKabalites, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    10xKabalites w/ 1 Dark Lance, in Raider w/ Dark Lance

    5xIncubi, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons
    5xTrueborn with Blasters, in Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons

    5xDark Lance Scourges
    5xDark Lance Scourges
    6x Windriders w/ Scatter Lasers

    Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances
    Ravager w/ 3 Disintegrators

    The mixed list shores up some of the Dark Eldar's weaknesses (lack of psykers, no real anti-horde weaponry, weak-ish HQs) but looks a bit weaker in close combat. On the flip side, I've been having little luck in close combat anyway in this edition, so maybe a stronger focus on ranged attacks mixed with being able to debuff with the Farseer's Doom would help me out.

    I don't know I run with Wyches a lot in Aeldari forces as they are cheap assault troops
    As for my leader I like using autarch or a farseer

    Still I would rather have GW sell an aeldari book with all 4 flavors of eldar than two codex and 2 lesser pamphlets.

    A.jpg
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Mechanicus codex seems to have been more or less leaked. Some minor point adjustments for Skitarii, better ap for taser lances. Almost no other changes to the Index list. So Kataphrons are still quite expensive and Sicarians don't get their special rules back and Infiltrators are still -1 attack from the errata.

    Stygies gets -1 to when more than 12" away and an infiltration stratagem so they are the Raven Guard now. Pretty good.

    Ryza gets reroll wound rolls of 1 in the fight phase and stratagem is +1 to wound and +1 damage to a unit's plasma weapons. Stratagem good, dogma meh?

    There are some nice generic stratagems and a generic warlord trait that gives you a single reroll and on a 6+ you get another CP everytime you or your opponent uses a stratagem.

    Relics seem mostly not so exiting, but the autocadeus of Arkhan Land heals the wearer every turn with 1 wound and gives +1 wound when repairing others.

    Cawl can now repair every imperium model for 1 wound, so even friendly characters.

145791042
Sign In or Register to comment.