As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Total Recall

2»

• periazhadperiazhad Registered User regular
    @TALYN RAHL

There really isn't a place for memories here. You want to leave them behind to make your new life. I wouldn't want to remember forever that my parents abandoned me.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Talyn Rahl wrote: »
    P.s. Whistle guy sucks... Is also vaguely scary "There's no place for memories at Camp Weedonwantcha"... Incredibly sinister thing to say.

Eh, I read it as more sad and wistful than sinister... meaning that if the kids spend too much time remembering where they came from before they got dumped at CW, it will only make their abandonment harder to bear.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Hmm... You raise a good point Gaslight, after all they do say ignorance is bliss and nowhere is this more evident than Seventeen ;). Would remembering whatever happened to her before Camp Weedonwantcha REALLY help her, in any way?

Also re-reading the comic, it seems more like the memor-eeze doesn't bring back old memories, it helps with new ones... So maybe Seventeen will then go on to read all the books in the library and commit them all to memory, becoming some super walking encylopedia :p

• XMinusOneXMinusOne Registered User regular
    Whistle Kid's a real fun guy. After swallowing all those memory pills, poor Lil' Seventeen's gonna have a brain explosion and start running in circles singing nursery rhymes and calling for her mama.

Oooh, sneaky kitty, but I found ya'.

• stormcontrolstormcontrol Registered User new member
    So the river becomes the Anti-Lethe? Scary...

• ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    These are not the glomfs you are looking for.

• narwhaonarwhao Registered User regular
    Where did Colin get all those whistles

• Spyke66Spyke66 Registered User regular
    Last phrase is sad

• Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Oh if only I could get rid/suppress of my bad memories.......

• Pastels_ParadoxPastels_Paradox Registered User regular
    Oh, gosh. That last line got me bad. Time to write more fan backstories for all the campers!

• Great UlcerGreat Ulcer Registered User regular
    With what happened to Colin, I can understand why he'd think that.