As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wireless PC Headset Recommendations?

PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
I have a budget of up to $150. Ideally it's not TOO nerdy looking, want this so I stop getting caught on the cord connected to my PC. I saw this thing that has OK reviews, but part of me feels like the earphone attachments are designed to break.

Any suggestions out there?

• DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    I recently bought the Corsair VOID wireless headset but had to return it due to the drivers having a lot of feedback/popping in win 10. Apparently its a known issue with no fix. It also didn't fit well with my glasses. Replaced it with the Logitech G533 and have loved it.

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I recently bought the Corsair VOID wireless headset but had to return it due to the drivers having a lot of feedback/popping in win 10. Apparently its a known issue with no fix. It also didn't fit well with my glasses. Replaced it with the Logitech G533 and have loved it.

Thanks, I had another friend recommend the Logitech too. I didn't upgrade to win 10, so maybe I'm OK with the corsair then. How were the ear cups on them? I have kinda big ear, so a large cup is nice.

• DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Whichever set you choose, pay close attention to how the headset is charged. Most of them charge with a mini USB. DO NOT HAVE THE MINI USB CONNECTED WHILE THEY ARE ON YOUR HEAD. Mini USB ports are made to break, and trust me, with your head twisting and such you will wear out the ultra tiny connections and they are a complete bitch to fix (if you even can).

So yeah, my overly excited advice is: If you're going to have a wireless headset, treat it as that, and that only. Keep the headset stationary while it is charging.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    Whichever set you choose, pay close attention to how the headset is charged. Most of them charge with a mini USB. DO NOT HAVE THE MINI USB CONNECTED WHILE THEY ARE ON YOUR HEAD. Mini USB ports are made to break, and trust me, with your head twisting and such you will wear out the ultra tiny connections and they are a complete bitch to fix (if you even can).

So yeah, my overly excited advice is: If you're going to have a wireless headset, treat it as that, and that only. Keep the headset stationary while it is charging.

Is there one that you've used and liked?

• DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    DeShadowC wrote: »

Thanks, I had another friend recommend the Logitech too. I didn't upgrade to win 10, so maybe I'm OK with the corsair then. How were the ear cups on them? I have kinda big ear, so a large cup is nice.

The cups on the corsair were smaller than the ones on the Logitech, plus the leather didn't seem the breath as nicely as the mesh from the Logitech.