As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Fenrir is a tricky beast. On my alt account I was able to reliably beat him, but I have Squall's BSB2 + OSB and complete legend dive to do the hard work with Gilgamesh OSB to chip away with (35k with Shout, VoF and Hailstorm up is not great). On my main account I am lucky enough to have Cloud's USB and complete legend dive, so him along with Squall with his 5 hit ice aura unique was enough to finish the fight. It would make life a heck of a lot easier if I had a better ice option than Squall's unique, though. Maybe I'll luck into some ice options during the festival.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I still can't beat Golem. I should have all the parts, what with Alphanaud's BSB, Edward's hastemarch, and a few other +mag bursts, but I just can't get them in the right arrangement.

I did pull off a sub-30 Bismarck, though. It dropped the last Bismarck I needed to 99 all the water magicite. Onto the next murderspree!

Narbus on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Hey that DC 140 was pretty easy. Maybe it's time to try the next step up, doesn't look too bad if I RW Meteor Shots.

*later*

Goddamn my hubris for I am Icarus flown too close to the sun.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Hey that DC 140 was pretty easy. Maybe it's time to try the next step up, doesn't look too bad if I RW Meteor Shots.

*later*

Goddamn my hubris for I am Icarus flown too close to the sun.

Yeah the Calcas and Brinas are pretty mean if you don't have a lot of AOE damage available. I used summoners to take them out, but that's not necessarily an option for everybody.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Having trouble with Torment 300, actually. Another one of those things where the enemies just don't seem to die, like Belias.

Does the fight end if you kill Golbez without killing the Shadow Dragon? Because I think I could do that before the dragon starts doing its OHKO.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    You forgot the Crystal Tower Select draw, assuming we get it.

E:
    OR NOT. Never mind. Just skipping it then? There's good shit there.
    My analysis a few pages back aiming at Magicite/Torment CMs indicated that nothing I didn't already have on that banner would actually help me aside from Echo's BSB, which it's unclear we'll even get.
    Phew, 300 3 CM cut it close. I should've brought a better healer, since level 80 Rosa with SSB got picked off near the end before getting a chance to use her SSB again.

TGCid (OSB, BSB)
    Pecil 80 (BSB 1 & 2)
    Ceodore (BSB)
    Ramza
    Rosa 80 (SSB)
    RW Ultracloud, Magicites Enkidu

I should really consider 99ing Pecil since I've got his two bursts. Ceodore without an Enholy was tickling the bosses but at least he helped with the healing. Still, came down to only TGCid and Ceodore standing, but still pulled off mastery.
    How the heck did you survive? I was blowing up with Wall only, which is equivalent to a ProShell. They would just gib me on turn 2.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    You forgot the Crystal Tower Select draw, assuming we get it.

E:
    OR NOT. Never mind. Just skipping it then? There's good shit there.
    My analysis a few pages back aiming at Magicite/Torment CMs indicated that nothing I didn't already have on that banner would actually help me aside from Echo's BSB, which it's unclear we'll even get.
    Phew, 300 3 CM cut it close. I should've brought a better healer, since level 80 Rosa with SSB got picked off near the end before getting a chance to use her SSB again.

TGCid (OSB, BSB)
    Pecil 80 (BSB 1 & 2)
    Ceodore (BSB)
    Ramza
    Rosa 80 (SSB)

I should really consider 99ing Pecil since I've got his two bursts. Ceodore without an Enholy was tickling the bosses but at least he helped with the healing. Still, came down to only TGCid and Ceodore standing, but still pulled off mastery.
    How the heck did you survive? I was blowing up with Wall only, which is equivalent to a ProShell. They would just gib me on turn 2.

Protectga/Shellga is +100%. Wall is +200%

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Yeah it was pretty hairy, mostly just luck I guess. Pecil's new BSB has sentinel with very large defense up, and c2 is large resistance up, so I think that took the brunt of the single attacks.

Rosa's SSB with magic blink was pretty clutch as well, good I wish I had her USB instead.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Spectrum wrote: »

TGCid (OSB, BSB)
    Pecil 80 (BSB 1 & 2)
    Ceodore (BSB)
    Ramza
    Rosa 80 (SSB)

Protectga/Shellga is +100%. Wall is +200%
    Whoops, sorry, I conflated that with stacking one on top of each other is basically halving damage again, imprecisely. The factor is 1/DEF^.84--Wall does more by itself is 60% DR vs 35% for ProShell, so about 1.7 more damage taken with just ProShell.

But anyway, my question stands even more--how were you not dying to random physicals in a row?

edit: Ohhhhh, yeah that would snuff those. Okay.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Having trouble with Torment 300, actually. Another one of those things where the enemies just don't seem to die, like Belias.

Does the fight end if you kill Golbez without killing the Shadow Dragon? Because I think I could do that before the dragon starts doing its OHKO.

Nope, you gotta kill both of them.

• Options
    For anyone who's been having as much trouble with this Torment as I have, friendly reminder that Shadow Dragon solo is the Dark 3* Magicite because fuck us I guess, with a similar do X damage before turn Y or OHKOs start mechanic.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah the 3* dark magicite is super mean. He KOs somebody about 10.5 seconds into the fight, and does it again I think around 21s. These KOs can be skipped by making him transition into his second phase, which requires something like 120k damage done. Super obnoxious.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Elderlycrawfish I think I love you, you mad bastard. I'm ecstatic right now.

Setup:
    ChhQ28Fl.pngt9QG0Szl.png

RW UltraCloud
    Crafted Gaia's Cross
    Egged Kain to 80, 3* dive (oh my god I have no eggs left)
    Rosa already 80, didn't bother diving.
    40% Holy on Celes, 20% Lightning on Lightning.
    Paralyze resist on Rosa and Ramza, but was unneeded

https://youtu.be/1baQA7Siz90

Took a couple tries for the opening damage to spread sufficiently. Celes and Ramza have way the fuck too much to do in their opening turns. Might have gotten better damage if I had done Lightning Dive instead of the 3rd SSB on Kain and gotten inside the UltraCloud window. Too slow on hitting buttons or something somehow, you normally should be able to get a full 3 supers in.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Beat/Mastered Golem for the first time, under a min.
    I had to hone Raging Storm to R3 and Gust to R5, egg Krile / Edgar to 98. Utterly out of Dark orbs now.
    Didn't really have any good MAG items nevermind +wind, leaving reflect damage to do a good amount of work while Alphinaud had 470 MAG and Edge with 355 MAG.

That makes 3/6 completed (Sealion -> Fenrir -> Golem), onwards to the rest in clockwise fashion.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Cool to see people being able to get the 3CM done. I don't think this one is viable for me, but I could maybe try RW Cloud USB onto Pecil with his BSB and see what happens. My other soul breaks for the realm include Edward's Hastemarch, Edge's Eblan Dual Wield (both uniques) and Rydia's BSB + OSB combo that has been super effective against Savage Hydra. There is a small chance I could make it work, but I'm not overly optimistic.

I hate that I have so few relics for FFIV, it was the first Final Fantasy I ever played and I quite like the game and story.

-fake edit- I do have some SSB for Palom I think, but I'm not sure if it would be helpful. I'll continue pondering.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Because of the reddit topic, I started planning all the future Torment CMs out in detail.

And I realized that Aphmau's junky SSB (Astra+High Regen) actually means she contributes a lot to that fight.

That was certainly unexpected.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    How is Celes' BSB2 against Golbez Torment? Thinking of a team like Pecil, Rosa, Edge, Ramza and Celes for the 300 JS, and RWing Cloud USB instead of the usual Wall, if Celes can prevent a lot of the damage by having runic.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Imperil wars!
    jojn50eruetv.png

It looks like a tie but that's because he can only stack to three. I should be at 5-6 stacks here. Pretty much the golem team but gave ysh armor breakdown instead of dispel. I'm not sure how much damage that actually adds here.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Barely anything at all, breaks are diminished to 20% effectiveness vs Magicites

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Armor Breakdown is 40% *.2 = .08 which against Hydra is still almost 1000 defense stripped which I would assume does something. I guess I'll have to try and find a damage calculator.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I thought I had a good team vs Hydra but it was nowhere near fast enough for sub 30

Glad Dad/Squall/Dorgann/Ramza/Rosa

45 seconds :( not that it matters too much, Maria is too slow to get started with the 6 hit pain train to do enough damage in time

e: the only sub 30 Hydra vids I've seen involve wrath entrusting earth OSBs with instant cast support

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Armor Breakdown is 40% *.2 = .08 which against Hydra is still almost 1000 defense stripped which I would assume does something. I guess I'll have to try and find a damage calculator.

Against bosses with regular break resistance, Armor Breakdown is +11.8% damage. Against magicite enemies with uber break resistance, it's a mere +4.2% damage. (It doesn't matter what the exact value of the enemy DEF is, since there aren't any breakpoints in that formula)

For regular Armor Break (hi Zack), you're only getting +3.1% damage against magicite bosses.

Fry on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    If anything it's probably a loss of damage. Each turn spent on a weak break is one not spent on a harder hitting elemental skill.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Ysh'tola doesn't have a lot of hard hitting elemental skills.

I think its around 6k extra damage per Ultra Cross Slash if I'm using the calculator correctly. Which across 124k isn't that much I guess. I guess I could try curaja/shell Relm USB but Hydra does a good bit of damage especially at 3 imperils.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I thought I had a good team vs Hydra but it was nowhere near fast enough for sub 30

Glad Dad/Squall/Dorgann/Ramza/Rosa

45 seconds :( not that it matters too much, Maria is too slow to get started with the 6 hit pain train to do enough damage in time

e: the only sub 30 Hydra vids I've seen involve wrath entrusting earth OSBs with instant cast support

The only Global ones. Cause JP had Morrow and Ingus's earth chain, either of which bring the hurt immensely.
    Sub 30 sec without them do exist though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    reddit says the change to Last Stand has apparently been reverted, you are now free to get a bunch of bonus ATB whenever it pops. DeNA, what are you even doing

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Cool to see people being able to get the 3CM done. I don't think this one is viable for me, but I could maybe try RW Cloud USB onto Pecil with his BSB and see what happens. My other soul breaks for the realm include Edward's Hastemarch, Edge's Eblan Dual Wield (both uniques) and Rydia's BSB + OSB combo that has been super effective against Savage Hydra. There is a small chance I could make it work, but I'm not overly optimistic.

I hate that I have so few relics for FFIV, it was the first Final Fantasy I ever played and I quite like the game and story.

-fake edit- I do have some SSB for Palom I think, but I'm not sure if it would be helpful. I'll continue pondering.

You may be able to get there if you have Agrias's BSB or Beatrix's BSB. Use Boost to buff Pecil's attack, open with AoE holy weakness SBs and Edward's hastega, follow with Cloud USB -> 3 x Pecil BSB -> Gaia Cross -> Cloud USB -> spam Guardbringer. Someone will need to bring protectga - maybe Agrias/Beatrix (other skill should be Saint Cross). You will definitely want Wall. Don't forget to recast Boost.

• Options
    Anyone here actually make Dervish? I'm pondering it again while I'm considering what I'm going to be dong in some of these CMs. I've mostly ruled out OD for lack of anyone who superlatively benefits from it but the more I look at SSS Rank 3 the more I realize I don't use it fast enough either in most fights.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I've gotten my Hydra time down to about 36 seconds.

Rydia - Chain Stonega, Quake - OSB - 30% weapon RM
    Tifa - Lifesiphon, Meteor Crush - BSB - 30% earth RM
    OK - Meltdown, Shellga - BSB - Dr. Mog's
    Ramza - Wrath, Entrust - USB - Mako Might
    Relm - Curada, Protectga - BSB - Battleforged
    Magicite: Shell Dragon

This is without any LD for my three DPS characters. I could possibly conceive of getting it under 30 with a concerted effort (legend dives plus magicite leveling), but it's really not worth blowing a bunch of motes on a single magicite dungeon.

Sealion time is around 39 seconds, Golem about 48 seconds. Haven't done the others enough to have a reliable time.

mercurialchemister on
  • Options
    edited September 2017

This is without any LD for my three DPS characters. I could possibly conceive of getting it under 30 with a concerted effort (legend dives plus magicite leveling), but it's really not worth blowing a bunch of motes on a single magicite dungeon.

Sealion time is around 39 seconds, Golem about 48 seconds. Haven't done the others enough to have a reliable time.

Rydia's RM is doing literally nothing. Those 30% weapon RMs are for physical damage. Swap it for something that boosts her Mag or Blk. Preferably Mag since that's a lot more boost for your buck since you're definitely way under the cap and that'll help both her commands and OSB.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I'd been putting off finishing all the Magicite dungeons until I had some nice distinct elemental teams for each boss, but my laziness ended up with me capping out on Keystones so it was time to just cheese out these fights and move on. Cleared Fenrir, Living Flame, Sealion, and Hydra all with this stupid party:

Big Cloud: With BSB2/USB/Omega Drive
    Buff Zack: With CSB and I guess Full Charge because eh whatever his skill pool is so limited
    Ninja Onion Knight: With Elemental Ninja spells or Phantasm or Chain Whatever so I hit medal conditions and BSB
    Dancing Mog: With BSB
    Y'shtola: She's got Aetherial Pulse and Asylum

Cleared 3 of them in under a minute, my clear time on Fenrir ended up over because I forgot to switch people over to slow resist items. Looks like my clear time currently sits at around 58 seconds for each of them unless I get great luck with doublecast Omega Drives.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Holy christ, this turn... 4? turn 5? salvo of AoE attacks from the Calcas+Brinas is fucking absurd.

Edit: or did I just get really unlucky? Second attempt, they threw in some single target attacks. Still absurd.

Rius on
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Holy christ, this turn... 4? turn 5? salvo of AoE attacks from the Calcas+Brinas is fucking absurd.

Edit: or did I just get really unlucky? Second attempt, they threw in some single target attacks. Still absurd.

RNG
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6z555j/iv_fate_calls_power_awakens_enemy_stats_and_ai/

And it looks like you can skip phases with Rubicante by pushing him to weak before 7 turns, but also that he just straight up also has a chance of going into cloaked form with his Ultimate Dispel whenever after the 5th turn.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Rius wrote: »

RNG
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6z555j/iv_fate_calls_power_awakens_enemy_stats_and_ai/

And it looks like you can skip phases with Rubicante by pushing him to weak before 7 turns, but also that he just straight up also has a chance of going into cloaked form with his Ultimate Dispel whenever after the 5th turn.

Skip phases and just murder him really hard. Do it right and you get something like 12 of his turns before his first Dispel which is more than enough time to have gotten meter to rebuff. (And just blow him up out of the gate in the JS, it shouldn't be a concern)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Team No Dancer No Problems

49gxiu9sv18t.jpg

Cecil: Lifesiphon, BSB, Aegis Strike (and casting a second)
    Rydia: RW Wall, Magicite Hydra, Valiagarmanda x2
    FuSoYa: Protectga, Lunarian Might (30% MAG/MND boost), Meteor x2
    Tellah: Haste himself, then everyone else featuring TGCid RM3 -> Ruinga x2
    Rosa: Wrath, Wrath, SSB, Curaga, Die

Everyone's at 80 except for Cecil who is 99. Rydia's two Valiagarmanda did 27k apiece and everyone else just helped. I forgot about Shellga for some reason.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Pfft. You get two turns of them doing just ST weak attacks. That's more than enough time to drop a Thunder God'ed Dusk's Decree and two Tritochs to chunk them all for like 80% of their HP, if not more. More damage!

But more seriously, Dusk's Decree is the light for that battle. Those things are flimsy as fuck.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I did it with Cecil BSB, Edward full broke one of them and summoned Rikku USB, Edge cast 3* ninja magic, Rydia and Golbez used Meteor and Ruinga.
    No heals or wall, I think you got unlucky for a change Rius.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Pfft. You get two turns of them doing just ST weak attacks. That's more than enough time to drop a Thunder God'ed Dusk's Decree and two Tritochs to chunk them all for like 80% of their HP, if not more. More damage!

But more seriously, Dusk's Decree is the light for that battle. Those things are flimsy as fuck.

I don't typically look at Ultimate+ CMs from the perspective of "what's the best damage RW for this situation", and it's mostly because I'm too lazy to curate my RW list. I like to do them with a utility or defense RW and whatever I've got lying around in-realm =)

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

Rydia's RM is doing literally nothing. Those 30% weapon RMs are for physical damage. Swap it for something that boosts her Mag or Blk. Preferably Mag since that's a lot more boost for your buck since you're definitely way under the cap and that'll help both her commands and OSB.

This is what I get for trying to remember my entire party makeup off the top of my head. Rydia is using a +MAG RM (Terra's for survivability, although Devotion would give higher MAG) and Tifa has weapon RM.

mercurialchemister on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Does a healer BSB that includes a WHM holy attack in the initial burst count as offensive magic for the purposes of getting the benefit of stuff like Allegro Con Moto?

This discussion has been closed.