As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    @Brody

I think you'd be happy with the above modification (essentially, moving the exchange of goods portion entirely into the realm of future promises), since the Support cards are more important, but please let me know if that affects your acceptance.

That works for me.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Sorry, I have the week off, so I've been spending most of my time helping care for my daughter.

If I haven't responded in an hour or two send me a pm, which sends me an email.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I think I'm switching to the negotiations MrBlarney came out with in his game.

Anyone can negotiate and propose transactions at any time. The only restrictions are:

1. The transaction will not actually take place until an eligible time (one of the party's action turns, the agenda phase)
    2. You may only make one transaction per player per "table pass" (from your action turn until it comes back around to your action turn again).

I think that would speed up and simplify the rules. Updating OP

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Thanks, @MrBody !

@Preda is up, BTW; it may have gotten lost in the shuffle. :)

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    First of all, I stongly protest the hasty action of the Creuss in taking MY rightful seat of power, than, in preparation to justified retribution I play War Effort- Action: Place 1 cruiser from your reinforcements into a system containing your ships. I place the cruiser on Mellon-Zhobat.

@Elvenshae @Brody @MrBlarney @Hedgethorn for sabotage, @Mojo_Jojo for sabotage and his turn.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    No sabotage

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    No sabotage.

No sabotage from me.

No sab

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    No sabotage play.

@Mojo_Jojo has the next turn.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    INITIATIVE STRATEGY ACTION
    I currently have 1 strategy token, 3 fleet and 1 tactical
    I gain 3 tokens from the card
    I'm exhausting Meer (4 influence), Arinam (2 influence) and Nar (3 influence) for a total of 9 which gives another 3 tokens
    I put 3 in strategy and 3 in tactical
    I now have 4 strategy, 3 fleet and 4 tactical tokens

Everybody else can now exhaust planets and buy command tokens at 3 influence a pop

@MrBlarney @Brody @Elvenshae @Hedgethorn @Preda

Mojo_Jojo on
    Pass.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Exhaust Corneeo, Oucen'n, and Rarron for 7 influence to get +1 tactics token and +1 strategy token.
    I should now have 2 tactics tokens and 3 strategy tokens.

Exaust Winnu and Mellon fo r 6 influence->2 CT. +1 Tactics, +1 Strategy.

I PLAY on the secondary, exhausting Lirta IV (3I) to gain one command token to Tactic Pool. (TP 2 --> 3)

I realized that I listed my Tactic pool count incorrectly in my previous action, so I've edited my posts. I think we might need a game state update soon.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Pass

@brody you're up

Politics

I'm the new speaker.

2 action cards to Brody (agenda and action deals next update)

Taking politics secondary: I'll spend a strategy token for two action cards, please

Spend a strategy token for two action cards.

I think I'll save on a counter this time.

PASS on the secondary.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I will take two cards, please. Strategy -> 0.

Map update after @Preda decides on secondary

Brody places both agenda cards on the bottom of the deck.

Hey, everyone - just wanted to let people know that I'll be traveling for business next week; my ability to check in will be a bit spotty.

2 cards for me.

@Hedgethorn you're up

Use Construction.
    Place PDS on Ouann.
    Place PDS on Oucen'n.

@Brody @Preda @Elvenshae @MrBlarney @Mojo_Jojo for secondary activations.

Taking construction secondary: I'll spend a strategy token for a PDS on wellon, please

Pass

Pass.

Pass

PASS on the Construction secondary.

@MrBody for map update or @Elvenshae for the next action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Thought I'd share this image of a custom board I found. Holy shit
    6AkC3bb.jpg

It's cool looking but it would make understanding the game state nearly impossible

edited September 2017
    Round 2 - Action Phase

Map
    (Arnor, Lor, and Cruess should be exhausted
    2 L1z1x fighters to dal bootha)
    yGpIHHFm.png
    full map
    yGpIHHF.png
    (unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP
    I- ???
    I- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 0
    Elvenshae - 2
    Mojo - 0
    Hedgethorn - 0
    Brody - 1
    Preda - 0

Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney
    3 action cards
    DMvES29.png

Elvenshae
    3 action card
    Jol-nar promissory note: Research Agreement- When Jol-nar researches a non-faction technology, gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-nar player.
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    VSlBZcQ.png

Mojo
    4 action cards
    Cruess promissory note: Ceasefire - After the Cruess player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your units, the Cruess player cannot move units into that system. Then return this card to the Cruess player.
    nMM3sP2.png

Hedgethorn
    4 action cards
    NiuZVfP.png

Brody **Speaker**
    5 action cards
    Cruess promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Cruess' units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Cruess player.
    0LXWZUo.png

Preda +1 trade good +1 SA
    4 action cards
    7CmXrLm.png

Mojo - Leadership 1
    Brody - Politics 3
    Hedgethorn - Construction 4
    Elvenshae - Trade 5
    MrBlarney - Technology 7
    Preda - Imperial 8

@Elvenshae

MrBody on
    Experimenting with colored dots above planet name to denote ownership. Opinions if they should be on every owned planet, or just the ones without units?