As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 2 - Round 7: Game Over!

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    He gets to do wot, mate? This is totally selling me on getting TI4 in a display of ridiculous overconsumption.

Anything we can trade you for a commodity refresh friendly robot dreadnought guys? A vote in the future that goes your way, our first-hatched telepathic snake child?

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Primary Ability: Gain 3 Trade Goods and replenish your Commodities. Then, choose any number of other players. Those players use the secondary ability of this Strategy Card without spending a Command token.
    Secondary Ability: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to replenish Commodities.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    You get to choose players that get to refresh them for free.

The N'orr will offer 1 commodity payable as soon as possible (neighbors or first agenda phase) if you let us.
    MrBody wrote:
    The Queen mother apologizes if this timing messes up other races' plans to acquire technology this round. Such a shame. Truly.

The Mindnet never forgets.

Lykouragh wrote: »
    He gets to do wot, mate? This is totally selling me on getting TI4 in a display of ridiculous overconsumption.

Anything we can trade you for a commodity refresh friendly robot dreadnought guys? A vote in the future that goes your way, our first-hatched telepathic snake child?

We would be willing to grant you a free refresh in exchange for 1 commodity at the first agenda phase.

:p

Ketar wrote: »
    Lykouragh wrote: »

We would be willing to grant you a free refresh in exchange for 1 commodity at the first agenda phase.

Deal!

The Naalu are granted a free refresh of their commodities by the L1z1x. Remember our benevolence when the time to join the Mindnet comes.

edited September 2017
    We would also be willing to refresh the commodities of the Winnu in exchange for 1 commodity at the first agenda phase or immediately upon meeting the technical definition of being neighbors, whichever comes first, as previously suggested by the Winnu.

Ketar on
    @MrBlarney the L1z1x homeworld should be exhausted

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @MrBlarney We took our two fighters with our War sun.
    Also @Ketar not sure if there is an acceptable arrangement you would suggest to allow us a free refresh.

discrider wrote: »
    MrBlarney We took our two fighters with our War sun.
    Also @Ketar not sure if there is an acceptable arrangement you would suggest to allow us a free refresh.

You could agree to give me your Ceasefire note as soon as we officially become neighbors or the first Agenda phase occurs, whichever comes first :)

edited September 2017

You could agree to give me your Ceasefire note as soon as we officially become neighbors or the first Agenda phase occurs, whichever comes first :)

This seems acceptable.
    You have our word.

discrider on
    Fair enough, then.

In the interests of future peace and cooperation, and good will to all who will one day join the Mindnet, a boon is granted to the Muaat and their commodities are refreshed.

pass on trade

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    MrBlarney the L1z1x homeworld should be exhausted

Yep. Text was recorded correctly, but the map was not. It's been revised.

Current progress on Trade Strategy action seems to be this:
    Free refresh: L1z1x, Hacan, Naalu, Muaat
    No secondary: N'orr
    Not yet resolved: Winnu

Phyphor is yet to check in, so the action will continue for the time being.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    On that note, I think Hacan should be at 1/3/2 instead of 2/3/2, since they've activated two systems and haven't gained any new command counters.

According to the Roman style game that's also running concurrently, Phyphor has spotty internet through this month due to holidays or some such so we shouldn't expect quick responses from him.
    But we really should ask him to resolve a secondary action over there and see if we can't get a Space Dock constructed in like Liberneum.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    We would also be willing to refresh the commodities of the Winnu in exchange for 1 commodity at the first agenda phase or immediately upon meeting the technical definition of being neighbors, whichever comes first, as previously suggested by the Winnu.

Done

edited September 2017
    I'm on vacation through the 24th and posting through hostel/free WiFi. However I think the rest of this turn is straightforward so I will leave orders with blarney

Phyphor on
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I'm on vacation through the 24th. However I think the rest of this turn is straightforward so I will leave orders with blarney

I believe you're next anyway.
    Not sure if @jakobagger is looking to trade with @ketar this turn now that most everyone has commodities

edited September 2017
    But no trade has been suggested so *shrug*
    Likely a good idea for jakobagger/Hacan to decide what they want to do with their trade goods considering they are likely the only trade partners at the moment.

discrider on
    Yes I guess I am next.

@jakobagger open offer to trade 2:2 commodities

Activate winnu, build carrier + 2 infantry. Exhaust winnu to pay

@MrBody is next

Jakobagger, i will offer a 2:2 trade on commodities as well.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I will take that deal @Phyphor.

For everybody else though the rate is going to be 3 of yours for 2 of mine, so there's 2 available deals left. First come first serve. I am willing to accept Trade Deals as part of the payment (so the L1Z1X, having only 2 commodities could pay me 1 and their trade deal, if I understand the promissory note right? So it comes out to 3 TG total for me).

@jakobagger Sure, I can do 1 commodity plus my Trade Agreement for 2 from you.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Cool, that leaves one deal on the table. Considering I have a monopoly I feel like I'm being bad at business levels cheap so come and get it while it lasts!

@MrBody , @Lykouragh @discrider

Alright, confirming Trade outcomes and transactions:

Trade Strategy outcomes
    Free refresh: L1z1x, Hacan, Naalu, Muaat, Winnu
    No secondary: N'orr

Transactions
    Winnu and Hacan each exchange 2 Commodities. (Winnu C 3 --> 1, TG 0 --> 2; Hacan C 6 --> 4, TG 0 --> 2)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @MrBlarney 1 additional transaction: L1z1x give Hacan 1 commodity + our Trade Agreement in exchange for 2 commodities

Fair enough. I like things bold and colorful for things to be officially counted, but it seems intentions are clear in this case.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Hacan, a N'orr trade agreement promissory for 2 of your commodities. You totally want the neighbors of your neighbors keeping your neighbors honest.

It makes too much sense NOT to do!

MrBlarney wrote: »
    Fair enough. I like things bold and colorful for things to be officially counted, but it seems intentions are clear in this case.

Sorry, I was phone posting at a playground with my daughter while trying to watch my son's soccer game when we made the deal :P

I'll be sure to stick to using color for major business next time.

Thought I'd share this image of a custom board I found. Holy shit
    6AkC3bb.jpg

Hacan, a N'orr trade agreement promissory for 2 of your commodities. You totally want the neighbors of your neighbors keeping your neighbors honest.

It makes too much sense NOT to do!

Sure. It's also within the terms I originally defined, it seems.

Hacan exchanges 2 commodities for the Sardakk'Norr trade agreement promissory note

We would have been also willing to trade, if the Hacan had been open to taking into account the sub-space messaging system delays.

We would have been also willing to trade, if the Hacan had been open to taking into account the sub-space messaging system delays.

Yeah, sorry, just figured I'd been waffling about for long enough and should just get it done as speedily as possible.

Just in case it got missed, action is on @MrBody.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2017
    Tactical action activate Mellon Zohbat (TP 3->2)
    Move carrier + 2 infantry into system.
    (edit) move carrier, 2 infantry, and cruiser into system. Land on both planets.

@Lykouragh

MrBody on
    edited September 2017
    Dear N'orr neighbors, this is just a trade envoy, we'll be moving back out next round.

Activate Torkan/Tequ'ran, move in cruiser from home system.

(edited for formatting sorry)

Lykouragh on
    Spend a strategy token to use our racial ability to spawn two fighters out of our war sun.
    2/4/3 T/F/S
    @jakobagger
    THE CIRCLLLLEEEEE OF LIIIIIIIIFE!

edited September 2017
    Round 1: Action Phase Update 3

The L1z1x Mindnet: Play the primary ability of the (5) Trade strategy card, gaining 3 Trade Goods. (TG 0 --> 3)
    Refresh commodities for L1z1x, Winnu, Naalu, and Muaat. (L1z1x C 0 --> 2; Winnu C 0 --> 3; Naalu C 0 --> 3; Muaat C 0 --> 4)
    Hacan plays on the secondary (free via racial), refreshing commodities. (C 0 --> 6)
    Perform transaction, giving 1 Commodity and "Trade Agreement" Promissory Note to Hacan in exchange for 2 Commodities. (L1z1x C 2 --> 1, TG 3 --> 5; Hacan C 6 --> 4, TG 0 --> 1)
    The Winnu: Perform transction, giving 2 Commodities to Hacan in exchange for 2 Commodities. (Winnu C 3 --> 1, TG 0 --> 2; Hacan C 4 --> 2, TG 1 --> 3)
    Activate the Winnu Home System. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Exhaust Winnu (3R) +1R from Sarween Tools to build 1 Carrier (3R) and 2 Infantry (1R).
    Sardakk N'orr: Perform transaction, giving their "Trade Agreement" Promissory Note to Hacan in exchange for 2 Commodities. (N'orr TG 0 --> 2; Hacan C 2 --> 0)
    Activate the Mellon-Zohbat system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Cruiser, 1 Carrier, and 2 Infantry from the N'orr Home System.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Mellon and Zohbat.
    The Naalu Collective: Activate the Torkan-Tequ'ran system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Cruiser from the Naalu Home System.
    The Embers of Muaat: Use racial ability "Star Forge", spending 1 Strategy pool token to build 2 Fighters at the Bereg-Lirta IV War Sun. (SP 4 --> 3)

Current Map: Round 1, Action Phase Update 3

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Embers of Muaat - 0 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 0 VP
    The Winnu - 0 VP
    The Emirates of Hacan - 0 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 0 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.
    3 Stage I Objectives and 5 Stage II Objectives have not yet been revealed.

Secret Objectives
    The Embers of Muaat: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Winnu: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Emirates of Hacan: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 1 Secret Objective in hand.

Special Objectives

The Embers of Muaat (discrider)
    Commodities: 4 / 4
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 0

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.

The L1z1x Mindnet (Ketar)
    Commodities: 1 / 2
    Trade Goods: 5

Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    X - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    X - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hist produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.
    - Racial Tehcnology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.

The Winnu (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 1 / 3
    Trade Goods: 2

Tactic Pool: 1
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    X - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    X - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    X - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.

The Emirates of Hacan (jakobagger)
    Commodities: 0 / 6
    Trade Goods: 3

Promissory Notes: L1z1x Trade Agreement, N'orr Trade Agreement (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Trade Convoys)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Arretze (2R, 0I)
    R - Hercant (1R, 1I)
    R - Kamdorn (0R, 1I)
    X - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    X - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Wrath of Kenara: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. After you roll a die during a Space Combat in this system, you may spend 1 Trade Good to apply +1 to the result.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Trade Convoys: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, you may negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Hacan player's units, return this card to the Hacan player.
    - Racial Technology: Production Biomes (Green, requires 2 Green): Action: Exhaust this card and spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to gain 4 Trade Goods and choose 1 other player; that player gains 2 Trade Goods.
    - Racial Technology: Quantum Datahub Node (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): At the end of the Strategy Phase, you may spend 1 token from your Strategy pool and give another player 3 of your Trade Goods. If you do, give 1 of your Strategy cards to that player and take 1 of his Strategy cards.
    - Masters of Trade: You do not have to spend a Command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Trade Strategy card.
    - Guild Ships: You can negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor.
    - Arbiters: When negotiating a transaction, Action Cards can be exchanged as part of that transaction.

The Naalu Collective (Lykouragh)
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.

Sardakk N'orr SPEAKER (MrBody)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.

Neutral Worlds
    N - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    N - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    N - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    N - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    N - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    N - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    N - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    N - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)